PDA

View Full Version : Standby on BDP: loud peeping, help needed

Polo
02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Hello Everybody,

I've installed today my brand new BDP7600. At the end of the day, when everything is quiet, I noticed that when I put the player in standby, there is a load peeping. Did somebody had the same problem, and how can I solve this ?

Keeping the player on is not the solution.

Thanks for your help,

Polo

Fitness-Boy
02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
I have the same problem :mad:

lucas1970
02-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Is that a continues peep or does it stop after a certain time??

Fitness-Boy
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
It's like the noise of a cricket. It's sounds all the time in the stand-by mode. Very annoying.

But it's not an unknown problem for philips. I think this noise comes from the power supply unit.

lucas1970
02-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Then you might let the device be checked...

upsh
02-26-2012, 10:21 AM
I can also confirm the sound. May be it depends on the regional version? My BDP7600 is /12.

I had a look into the player to check where the sound comes from. Source is the PCBA of the power supply (see image). But I could not identify a certain component.

One possible solution is to switch on Fast wake up in the Setup menu. But then the player will consume more power when switched off.

I have been using the player for about half a year. I can recognize the sound only if everything is very quiet in our living room. But because I've got a family that's rarely the case so I can accept this virtual cricket...:cool:

Philips - Remko
03-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Dear users,

We have noted your case and we are currently looking into this. We will update you if we have more concrete information.

Kind regards,

CarloRiccardo
05-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Dear users,

We have noted your case and we are currently looking into this. We will update you if we have more concrete information.

Kind regards,

I have recieved the DBP7600/12 last week, and I have the same issue.

Upgrading the Firmware has not changed the issue.

The peeping is not only in stand-by, but during BD play or seeing NetTV, very often I have a loud high frequency peeping.

I found a similar description on a german site.

dvd
05-24-2012, 10:35 AM
About peeping in stand-by, it occours to my BDP 7600 too, bougth yesterday.
It's a real shame... I will recess...