PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.95.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Manuel
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Your experiences with FW v0.14.95.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models) :

Identical to series 8 and 9?

Software history
NOTE: Each release contains all solutions identified in the earlier version.
The latest software solves the issues below:

Q5551_0.14.95.0 (Date published: 2012-02-01)
• Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to Kmodels)
• Teletext is not working on ZIGGO channel. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store.
• Unable to activate MHEG (with the red button) on a MHEG channel.
• Ambilight flashes intermittently. (Only applicable to 7000 series)

Q5551_0.14.93.0 (Date published: 2011-12-22)
• TV starts up with sound and Ambilight, but without picture.
• TV turns off and on by itself when you browse USB or browse PC through DLNA.
• TV goes to standby by itself after 2 hours.
• Intermittent sound lost and picture lost while watching analog channels.
• Picture freeze while watching HD channels.
• Intermittent sound lost through certain set-up box connected via HDMI.
• Unable to play video files via DLNA connection.
• Unable to switch channel while watching analog channel.
• Removed the “Scrambled program” message on the purchase banner page.
• Unable to download movies from online video store. (Only applicable to country, Germany)
• Video stutters while watching digital channels. (Only applicable to country, Finland)

Q5551_0.14.84.0 (Date published: 2011-10-21)
• Picture disappears while watching ZIGGO digital (DVB-C) channels with CAM inserted. (Only
applicable to country, Netherlands)
• No sound during initial replay of paused programme (Pause TV).

Q5551_0.14.76.0 (Date published: 2011-10-06)
• Support of USB keyboard and USB mouse.
• Support of USB subtitles (exclusively for file extension srt, sub and sami).
• YouTube application is upgraded to the new YouTube Leanback application.
• You are now able to select the locked channels using P+/- keys.
• TV is unable to wake-up from Standby.
• Unable to select picture format when you [Browse USB] or [Browse PC].
• “No Programme Available” message appears onscreen when you switch channel.
• Ambilight lounge light turns off by itself.
• “No signal” OSD appears onscreen when you switch between channels. (Only applicable to country,
Austria)
• Unable to playback satellite (DVB-S) recorded channels. (Only applicable to K-models)
• “Scrambled Program” OSD appears onscreen when you watch satellite (DVB-S) channels with CAM
inserted. (Only applicable to K-models)

Q5551_0.10.105.0 (Date published: 2011-09-02)
• With this software your TV is CANAL READY certified.
• With this software your TV is ZIGGO certified.
• Vertical black bars appear onscreen with certain picture formats.
• Improvement on the channel installation stability.
• Improvement on the USB recording feature.
• Irish language is added to the menu language.
• Portuguese OSD translation error is corrected.
• Video delay (lipsync) observed through SCART and Component (Y Pb Pr) connection.
• Picture is over-stretched while watching certain channels. (Only applicable to country, UK)
• Audio drop-out when switching between digital channels. (Only applicable to country, UK)
• TV has no picture when switching between digital and analog channels. (Only applicable to country,
UK)
• Subtitle is not display correctly. (Only applicable to country, UK)

Q5551_0.10.94.1 (Date published: 2011-06-17)
• Implementation of new product range (T-series).
• TV has no picture and no sound after it wake-up from Standby.
• Teletext is not working.

Q5551_0.10.65.11 (Date published: 2011-05-26)
• TV screen flashes during startup.

Q5551_0.10.65.9 (Date published: 2011-05-12)
• Initial production software.

Volly
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Firmware not a beta - prebeta. Errors more than at 14.93
Rewind in usb a player normally doesn't work. Badly works with ci-modules. Have corrected only dynamic contrast and have cleaned possibility to hide channels.

Joerg*
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi,

Could anybody explain me the difference between

FW v0.10.105.0 - for 6xx6T and 7xx6H/K/M/T series (2011 models)
and
FW v0.14.93.0 - for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models) ?

I own a 47PFL7606K/02 and for my understanding both FWs would be suitable, isn't it? Presently I use the 0.14.95.0.

Greetings

Toengel
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi,

the 10.105 firmware is really old. It's even an old software branch. It does not even include USB recording up to my knowledge... So 14.95 is the latest firmware (for all series and models M, K, H, T).

Toengel@Alex

born_trippy
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I have my 47pfl7656K7/02 since 02.Jan.2012 and still have the following issues mentioned in the 14.93 thread:

- Teletext input field not visible when entering pages (no feedback when entering numbers on top left corner)
- Sometimes encrypted DVB-C channels are not working any more going forth and back fixes this
- Flashing Ambilight when using 3D as mentioned in the other thread still here shouldn't this be fixed?
- IP-EGP show wrong entrys when changing pages (channels)

Hope that helps.

markus
02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Why is the 10.105 and 14.93 thread still sticky and this one is not?

RomanSO
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Because in the 14.95 FW there is nothing really important since 14.93 FW. Philips, seemingly, impudently spits on buyers of their TVs.

Quator
02-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I have a 47PFL7666T/12 and ever since upgrading to this firmware every time I try to switch on 3D whilst watching a movie either on USB or over DLNA the TV freezes restarts itself. Is any body else having this issue? How do I downgrade to a happy life where everything worked? Apart from the ambilight problems which were just anoying not making the TV Useless!

Dyna
02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi @all,

Regarding the flashing ambilight Issue with 3D content:
If you experienced this problem and updated to v.0.14.95 please vote here in the following thread if you still encounter this problem or not:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3265-Flashing-ambilight-issue-when-3D-gaming-on-my-PS3

best regards,
D

_Luke_
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
@Philips crew
OK probaly now you have arranged the major bugs, do you think to improve the functionality?
Don't ask what, because there are a lot of post for it!

Thanks for your kindly reply

Joerg*
02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I'm still nerved about the bad DLNA and NetTV connection. Sometime it works and the connection is established directly after switching-on the TV and sometime I have to restart the TV to obtain a connection to the servers. Don't know what it depends from, but it doesn't cause from my Ethernet network at home. It works sufficiently.

Kelheimer
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Posted by Joerg: ". NetTV connection ... Sometime it works and the connection is established immediately after switching on the TV and at some point I need to start the new TV to get a connection to the servers."

This behavior NeTVkann I confirm. Also applies to the EPG. At the compound, it can not lie, DSL 16000.

Translated with Google.

Verticaljoy
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
TV: 40pfl5806/K02 FW: Q5551_0.14.95.0

I have one very simple request to Philips, please give me at least some basic funtions to use in this Tv.

1: I cant sort the Satellite channel list.
Let me know how can I find a channell xxx in the list of 1500 channels? Or how can I Bypass the scrambled ones?
2: I cant fast forward the video while playing from USB.
Just imagine if you are in middle of a 2 hours movie/video and back button is accidently pressed. Then almost watch that again becuase you can only forward it in seconds steps.

These are just basic problems which I am facing and ofcourse I am not the first one who is complaining about this. There are many more problems which I can mention here relating to Net Tv, or say User interface etc. etc. etc.
But the best bet would be to say "Dont buy TV from Philips in the future"

Pjotr123
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Fixes in this release:

Q5551_0.14.95.0 (Date published: 2012-02-01)
• Added an option to disable the deletion of channels in background install. (Only applicable to Kmodels)
• Teletext is not working on ZIGGO channel. (Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Movie stops by itself when you watch a rented movie from an online video store.
• Unable to activate MHEG (with the red button) on a MHEG channel.
• Ambilight flashes intermittently. (Only applicable to 7000 series)

Beside the reported fixes, is there anything else done with the stability? I've never upgraded to 0.14.93.0 (lucky me, by the way, does the first 0 mean a pre-release version?) after reading all the complains in the thread about this version (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3772-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.93.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29).

I've noticed the release notes are far from complete. Is there any advise? At the moment the TV is running on 0.14.84.0. With all the negative experiences with the .93 version I'm not sure if it is advisable to upgrade to .95

p-h-t
02-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi,

I agree with Pjotr123:

i'm stuck on version 14.84, because i don't want to take the risk to have a TV which works less than today...

Philips, i think you have to change something with the quality of your work and the support you gave to your customer: in this forum you look like a ghost !

Wait, hope and see are the only solution for us. Praying can be a way too...

Anyway, thanks to everybody who helped in this forum.

Best regards to them.

pht

Sergii
02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Hi,

TV 32PFL7606T/12 firmware 014.095.

I found some bugs in TV's firmware for the Ukraine:
1.A translation error. The country of Ukraine in the TV menu written as "Українська", but the correct variant is "Україна". Country call "Україна" (Ukraine), language is "Українька" (Ukrainian).
2.An onscreen keyboard for Ukraine does not contain the letter "и".
3. The DVB-T2 only works when selected country is "GB", although Ukraine has DVB-T2 broadcast channels.

Is it possible to fix it?

MiLin
02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
TV 50PFL7956K firmware 014.093.

Firmware update to 014.095 with TV "Konfiguration/Update" over WLAN does not work, it says: "No new software available". This feature does not work in any other release for me! I need always to do a USB update.

MiLin
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
TV 50PFL7956K firmware 014.095.

MultiView German Language:

Text is scrumbled:

Find-Symbol text is: "sUM'>-</font> s"
FORMAT-Symbol text is: "UM'>D</font> dr"

Thom01
02-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Hello,
Last week i ordered a Philips 37PFL6606K/02. My Dealer told me, Philips is going to ship update TVs of Model Philips 37PFL6606K/02 between 22.2. - 29.2.2012 .

The dealer told me, that Philips is currently changing a part inside the TV, as well as a "internal" - Software - Update would be made. This Software - Update only could be done via the internal Service-Interface and could not be done via USB/Internet.

So my dealer recommended me to wait for the update TVs. Changes would concern the CI+ Standard.

So my question is.. Can you confirm this? Would you recommend to wait for the updated devices (even if i will not be using any CI+ gizmos)

As i understood 14.95 is the latest Firmware.

Thanx
Thom

Prince Skeleth
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I recently bought a 42pdl7906h/12 TV. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
Still, sometimes the TV goes to standby automatically after 1-2 minutes and I have to restart it.

I always change the 'speaker'-setup to 'receiver', so I can change the volume of the receiver with the TV remote control and so, the receiver also shuts down together with the TV. I don't know if the set-up causes this problem, but is anybody else encountering this problem? Can it be solved in a next update of the firmware?

Thx

Toengel
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi,

that the receiver automatically shuts down together with your TV is a feature of EASYLINK - check the Easylink options.

Toengle@Alex

Prince Skeleth
02-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Ok, thanks for your quick answer Toengel. I will check that.
But that doesn't solve the problem of the TV that goes to standby.. :-) Hopefully this will be solved in the future..

Volly
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Thom01
I do not trust. Most likely, all attention Phillips will focus on models 2012, and will be stop support of models 2011. And as always - the software to remains unfinished...

Vitth
02-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi,

I got a 37PFL7666K/02 and tried to update by internet but it says it's up to date.

current firmware version is Q5551_0.14.93.0

will the new version be available sooner or later or is this update not for my tv?

rvbrvb
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my 42PFL7676H from 0.14.84 to 0.14.93 (I did not want to go to the last fw directly). I stayed on this firmware level for all of 30 minutes. I allmost immediately experienced sound issues in combination with video artefacts and ambilight flickering when watching TV through DVB-C. On my previous fw-level this was not the case.

After half an hour I decided to make the jump to 0.14.95... and I'm glad I did ! As far as I can see now 0.14.95 is much better. No sound and video artefacts while watching via DVB-C. I also watched some video using my Xtreamer Prodigy which is connected to my TV via HDMI-2. This also seems to work just fine. So at this moment fw 0.14.95 looks fine to me.

I upgraded because I had some issues with spontaneous reboots after 2 hours. They have not appeared just yet... but I have not used the TV long enough... so I keep my fingers crossed.

Robert.

MiLin
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi Thom,

an internal Softwar-Update makes no sense for me until no hardware changes will be done. Currently I would say the Philips TV-Software is not at state-of-the-art level, the Smart-TV features (also the EPG) is not so good as of other contributors. So I would say: Do not wait take another TV if you want Smart-TV features! If you have no choices then wait!

Michael

Hello,
Last week i ordered a Philips 37PFL6606K/02. My Dealer told me, Philips is going to ship update TVs of Model Philips 37PFL6606K/02 between 22.2. - 29.2.2012 .

The dealer told me, that Philips is currently changing a part inside the TV, as well as a "internal" - Software - Update would be made. This Software - Update only could be done via the internal Service-Interface and could not be done via USB/Internet.

So my dealer recommended me to wait for the update TVs. Changes would concern the CI+ Standard.

So my question is.. Can you confirm this? Would you recommend to wait for the updated devices (even if i will not be using any CI+ gizmos)

Thanx
Thom

MiLin
02-18-2012, 08:02 PM
TV 50PFL7956K firmware 014.095.

Is it possible to record a sattelite program (in background) and play a game on game-console over HDMI in foreground?

It should be possible because of Multi-View where the TV and external HDMI input would played together.

whoppi
02-19-2012, 06:10 PM
I have updated my tv to this 014.095 software.
And now the sound in philips mediaconnect stopped working.
This have happened once before after i updated the tv, but then i was able to solve by using these tips.
But unfortunately it does not help on this latest release.

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? -does mediaconnect work for anyone using the lastest software 014.095?

/Marcus

whoppi
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
I have updated my tv to this 014.095 software.
And now the sound in philips mediaconnect stopped working.
This have happened once before after i updated the tv, but then i was able to solve by using these tips.
But unfortunately it does not help on this latest release.

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? -does mediaconnect work for anyone using the lastest software 014.095?

/Marcus

Now working again after resetting tv to factory defaults, and doing the above several times.
Cant really replicate the correct workaround, due to trying and retrying several settings.

Pjotr123
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
It's very quiet here after all complains with version 014.093. Does this mean the 014.095 version is more stable or is everybody tired of complaining with no response from Philips?

I'm running on 014.084 because I saw so many issues in the 014.093 version. For me the DLNA etc. isn't important. I use other equipment for that. I do use NetTV (especially uitzending gemist) and I am wondering if this works better with the WLAN option in the .095 firmware.

Joerg*
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
I try to use NetTV from time to time but I'm still disappointed about the performance. Some times it connect to the NetTV Server and sometimes not. Then the TV Set is searching for a network to connect with the Net TV Server - but my network is always running. Only if I restart the TV it is sometimes able to connect to the internet.
The TV Set is connected by wire via Ethernet and Router to the internet. I use FW 14.095.

This behaviour is similiary to the DLNA ability of the TV Set. Sometimes running and sometimes not. But this is well known. Hope Philips is working on it.

Thom01
02-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Hello,

Thanx
Thom

So here is a short update:

My dealer shipped the TV-Set Feb 20th .. Firmware installed is 14.95 . TV is connected via HDMI to a Topfield SRP2401 CI+ and Panasonic AV Receiver. Digital Audio is connected to Panasonic AV-Receiver. Xtreamer Sidewinder is connected to AV-Receiver. RC is a Harmony 885. Network is connected via a Netgear WNCE2001 to WLAN - Router AVM 7270.

Up to now... no significant problems. Factory settings for Display had to be changed since they v been horrible. TV Picture now is excellent. NetTV: Performance is slow. Looks like they dont use a cache. So scrolling through the Apps is like surfing with 14.4k modem. Tried some Apps . the work ok. Tried Vimeo - HD - Movie - Playback.. Works. But NetTV from my point of view.. is just a nice marketing gag.. i dont need it...

tbc..

deemona
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi everybody,

I have the following problem with my 42PFL7606T/12 on the latest firmware 000.014.095.000:

When i start 3D side-by-side movie either via USD or DLNA and try to switch on 3D my TV restarts. I know all the prerequisites for 3D source file (1920*1080, formats, no DTS etc) and keep them all. Tried more than 10 files - result is the same.

I asked on a different forums and was told that ...T/12 do not support 3D from USB,m only ...K/12 and H/12 models do.

It's kindla weird since all of the models seem to differ only in installed tuners and have the same firmware file.

The cuttiest is that I DID WATCH one of the movies I try now on some previous firmware. Then I upgraded - and got restarts.

Official regional support claimed in the email there is no support for 3D over USB in my model

Please help me, I'm so confused...

BTW Trying to change the piture settings (e.g. from "movie" to "personal") during the DLNA movie playback results to TV restart as well. Maybe it's something wrong in my TV? Is is a support case?

Philips - Thomas
02-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi

I asked on a different forums and was told that ...T/12 do not support 3D from USB,m only ...K/12 and H/12 models do.

You can go there and tell them that this is wrong.
Difference in K/T/M are:
H: DVB-C included
K: DVB-S included
T: DVB-T2 included
M: MHEG supported (for specific Countries like Italy only)
This has nothing to do with 3D.

Please use the Tool "mediainfo" to share the Details of those Files that wont work in this Thread.

Thank You
Thomas

deemona
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Dear Thomas,

Thanks for your prompt reply

Here the details shown by mediainfo:

First file:
Video
English, 6641 Kbps, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 23,976 fps, AVC (High@L4.0) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
Audio 1
Russian, 448 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3
Audio 2
English, 1510 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 24 bits, 6 channels, DTS

Second file
10,6 Mbps, 1920*1080 (16:9), at 23,976 fps, AVC (High@L4.1) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
Audio 1
Russian, 448 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3
Audio 2
English, 640 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3

I entered the full details into standalone file, so it will not waste place here in the forum
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16KCTgTy0xxa1emJapXwSmDvFDgTuf01GPTTTU0hatv8/edit

Philips - Thomas
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi

Врата в > should work via usb, can you please test
The.Green.Hornet > please delete the DTS audio track from the file and try via USB
Conan The Barbarian > should work via usb, can you please test
Resident Evil > please delete the DTS audio track from the file and try via USB

Regards
Thomas

deemona
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
So you confirm there are couple of file that should have worked :D That's great, since Philips support in Ukraine claim nothing will will work in 3D but those content played via BluRay or 3D channel.

In fact, all of these mentioned 3D files cause TV switch off and on when i turn on 3D...

Here is how it happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WdrpVLxLUo&feature=youtu.be
This is not mine TV, but TV of another persoon meeting the same problem.

BrunoQuiocca
02-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Why did you closed the 14.93 thread? My 40PFL5806D (brazilian version) still doesn't have the 14.95 FW avaliable.

Toengel
02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi,

cite from the start page of the forum:

Note that only the EU product range from 2009 onwards will be supported by Philips (e.g. xxPFLxxx4, xxx5, etc.).

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi

simple answer, which is also visible as "subtitle for the TV Category":

We try to help you if you have Questions but we don't give official Support.

Regards
Thomas

deemona
02-29-2012, 01:10 PM
BTW, can you please confirm here officially that 42PFL7606T/12 SHOULD play 3D from USD? Or give a link to somewhere, where it is officially confirmed?

Because our local Philips support engineers do not treat my request seriously.

They give me a link to User Manual where it is written that 3D only works from Bluray or TV channel.

Philips - Thomas
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi

3D via USB came with 14.76 FW.

Regards
Thomas

deemona
02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Okay, thanks, I've escalated this againg to local support.

Any suggestions you can give regarding my porblem?

polydor
02-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Bought my TV on 5/feb/2012. Only used current firmware version (0.95)

Subtitles:
Didn't tested all possibilities, but it seems that it's not supported when playing from DLNA. Would really like this

DLNA:
Works quite well. Is slow, but that can also be my DLNA server. I use PS3 media server on my windows 7 PC. Only works well for formats that are supported natively by philips, so no encoding on pc-side done.

3D:
Very good. I like the quality very well. You don't have to keep your head vertical. I'm glad I bought a 3D tv.

NET TV:
More than half of the time, starting up NET TV hangs on 'step 3'. Workaround: start it from an app (ipad or android). It almost always work, even if it just failed using the remote

NET TV Apps:
Youtube can be way better. No history or favourites or tumbnail view on the whole screen

mobile Apps:
Nice, only a pitty that keyboard mode does not work in youtube

User friendliness:
Some things can be improved.
- Switch to 3D: it takes at least 3 button presses, and sometimes up to 8 to switch to 3D when source is half SBS. A shortcut button should be nice
- NET TV & DLNA browsing is very slow
- it should be nice to be able to place net-tv icons in the home menu

Looking forward to new firmware updates and hoping it will only improve.

AnSta
02-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi,

I didn't have this problem when I bought the TV almost four months ago. The TV was running for hours without any problems at all. After the latest firmware update however the TV goes into standby randomly. Sometimes it happens once a day, sometimes several times a day. The funny thing is, the latest firmware is supposed to fix this problem but for me it caused it instead.

I could live with it since I'm too lazy to downgrade the firmware but what really worries me is that a few minutes ago the TV did a crackling sound and turned off (instead of going into standby). It came back like 10 seconds later and everything looks ok but I'm still worried.

nyehehe
03-01-2012, 08:04 PM
The more I use this tv (42PFL7606T/12), the more I hate it and all those incompetent programers at Philips.
If I have a scheduled recording and the tv is on, but I am not in the room and not select record in the pop-up prompt window, the recording does not take place. I am not stupid. When I schedule a recording I know what I want, why do you Philips think that I have alzheimer?
Everybody understands that with one single tuner you can't watch another channel while recording, but why on the earth I am not allowed to use one of the other inputs (HDMI, USB, Net-TV, DLNA)?????
Once again, nobody has signed up for beta testing for Philips, at least I haven't see any document showing that we are about to buy a partly functional product.
Philips would deserve to be sued for this and rather hold their production to electric toothbrush. That works fine at least and it's doing it's job.

Philips - Thomas
03-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Hi

using the 14.95 FW and using scheduled Recordings, having the TV turned on what will happen is:

2-5minutes before the Recording happens, a Popup will come up, informing you that a Recording will happen.
Doing nothing at this Point will force the TV to Start the Recording at the predefined Time and switching to that TV Channel.

Yes, it is not possible to switch to another Input during a Recording, this is due to Hard and Software Limitations in the TV.

Regards
Thomas

Teddy63
03-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I have problems of vertical banding which is not resolving with this new fw...

This problem appears only when there's a clear background ( especially in football games, skiing, ...)

I'm very disapointed ... Because in movies it's ā very high quality of pics....

Please help me !! Find a solution !!! Else i bring back the Tv to the shop ....

nyehehe
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Hi

using the 14.95 FW and using scheduled Recordings, having the TV turned on what will happen is:

2-5minutes before the Recording happens, a Popup will come up, informing you that a Recording will happen.
Doing nothing at this Point will force the TV to Start the Recording at the predefined Time and switching to that TV Channel.

Yes, it is not possible to switch to another Input during a Recording, this is due to Hard and Software Limitations in the TV.

Regards
Thomas

Dear Thomas, I really do not know what is your position at the Philips so I don't want to hurt your feelings, but
the theory doesn't match with the practical experience of the customers. In my case I practically missed 4 scheduled recordings by not being in the room when the tv was on, but I have to acknowledge that is not happening every time.

To speak about hardware and software limitations in this price category is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? We are not speaking here about no-name Thomson tvs, which can do this.

Anyway, if there is a hardware limitation it doesn't matters the customer's opinion, it will never be better. :mad:

alireza asadi
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
i got a 46pfl6606 and after i update it , it cant play those files which it was able to open before,what should i do?
when we can open subtitles with other languages?
how can i set software to default?

AnSta
03-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure what to think about my thread getting merged with this one but not getting a reply about the problem I have...

Anticross
03-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Model 47pfl7606t/12.

Bugs finded:
1.If i set 3d when playing from usb TV restarts.
2.when I plying 3d content from Laptop connected to hdmi. When watching over-under I need first set side-by-side and the over-under to take effect. When only press over-under there is no effect.
3.When trying to play mkv files with DTS sound it not starts and shows "unsupported format". If I play this file using laptop and hdmi connection TV plays sound and video.
4. When playing mkv file with some bad-frames in middle player stops and switches to next file. It can't skip that frames and continue playback or make ff.

Feater needed:
1. Change audio tracks in video that support more than 1 language.
2. Change subtitle language in video that support more than 1 language.
3. Wake up timer when has no Internet connection(I can't get access to TV guide beacouse a have no internet at home).
4. Save current video file state to play file from saved place when switching back from tv mode or satellite tuner.
5. DTS audio support or at least playback video with no sound.
6. Some bug tracker on web because I really want to Phillips make it's products better and beleive that you can do it.

deemona
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Can somebody authorized to talk on behalf of Philips please comment regarding 3D USB bug on T/12 model? Is it confirmed as a bug or it works as designed? Should I keep waiting for a new firmware where it will be fix or should I return the set back to my dealer and look for another model (with more advanced mediaplayer)?

agmarco
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Since I'am on FW 0.14.95.0 there are moments when the TV switches OFF and ON spontaneously.
It's a 47pfl7606H/12 and I have it only for a few weeks so it can be the "reboot" had also been there on the older FW. I'am not sure but I think most of the time it happens when using Net TV.
I read some other posts where people are mentioning "crashes" of TV's.
What is happening?

meme80
03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Model 47pfl7606t/12.

Bugs finded:
1.If i set 3d when playing from usb TV restarts.
2.when I plying 3d content from Laptop connected to hdmi. When watching over-under I need first set side-by-side and the over-under to take effect. When only press over-under there is no effect.
3.When trying to play mkv files with DTS sound it not starts and shows "unsupported format". If I play this file using laptop and hdmi connection TV plays sound and video.
4. When playing mkv file with some bad-frames in middle player stops and switches to next file. It can't skip that frames and continue playback or make ff.

Feater needed:
1. Change audio tracks in video that support more than 1 language.
2. Change subtitle language in video that support more than 1 language.
3. Wake up timer when has no Internet connection(I can't get access to TV guide beacouse a have no internet at home).
4. Save current video file state to play file from saved place when switching back from tv mode or satellite tuner.
5. DTS audio support or at least playback video with no sound.
6. Some bug tracker on web because I really want to Phillips make it's products better and beleive that you can do it.

I'm 100% with you.

I would also add a new management of the program info that is inline with 2012 TVs.

1) Automatically show the current program info when the user select a new channel and on demand when the user press just ONE button on the remote.
2) Do not black all the screen to just show the program info, create a short bar (lower/upper) to show current program info. All other vendors use this solution. It is the simplest and more usuable then what Philips is proposing now.
3) When the user press the program info on screen it is automatically shown the current program info, then it is possible to see the next program info using the arrows button on the remote.

All the people that see my TV are impressed by the quality of the image but when I show them the software limitation, just like this one above, they all remain astonished and incredible to see such trivial errors.

People is interested in image quality but also in USABILITY. A lot of customers are moving to other trademarks just because of this sw limitations.
As an example refer to this forum topic (http://www.avmagazine.it/forum/107-disc-ufficiali-lcd-full-hd/198654-philips-47pfl7606m-08?p=3444689#post3444689) where an Italian user ask me if the the feature listed as point 1 above is implemented in new sw releases.
When I replied that: "No, it does NOT appear the current program info and even the next program info. The worst thing is that if you want to know what is the current program you see this crap (http://i40.tinypic.com/34g5wue.jpg)" the potential buyer decided to CANCEL the order of the TV.

This feature is not a "NICE to HAVE" it is a "MUST HAVE" to avoid to lose Clients.

nyehehe
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
The real question here is whether Philips listens to these posts or not.

As the matter of fact we know that sometimes somebody called Thomas comes in to check if we behave well in the forum, but we never get a straightforward reply on these requests.

"I'm fine with the fact that you are not satisfied with your product and that you are... lets call it "pissed off". " ------ This is the official opinion of an official Philips moderator, sent me in private message.

So please Philips - Thomas give us an official reply on the requests. Should we continue to post here or is better to give up and do not waste our time here on the forum! We are not of the age to play hide-and-seek so answer us accordingly! What are the plans regarding the SW?

Philips - Thomas
03-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi nyehehe

well as i wrote before in my PN:

I'm fine with the fact that you are not satisfied with your product and that you are... lets call it "pissed off".
However that does not allow you to communicate in here in the way you are doing it right now.

So lets get back to Topic and share your Experiences about the 14.95 FW.

Regards
Thomas

Thom01
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey..
forget about the TVs recording features.. Buy a Topfield Receiver (SRP2401 Ci+) Twin-Receiver with HD-Recording, up to 4 simultanous recording parallel to viewing a recorded movie. Lots of free Apps (they call it TAPs) to enhance the Firmware of the recorder... If you ever enjoyed the SmartEpg TAP (the EPG) you ll never go back to the Philips thingy... ..I am a Topfield user for years.. and never have been disappointed..
Regards
Tom

nyehehe
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
So lets get back to Topic and share your Experiences about the 14.96 FW.

You are quite off-topic here. We haven't got the 14.96 FW. So far we got the 14.95 FW from Philips, but maybe you know something. Would you share with us what the 14.96 FW will bring us. Maybe we will be satisfied at the end?

As for the 14.95 FW I still feel myself as a beta tester and the quality of the software is way below the expectations imposed by the market competitors.

agmarco
03-08-2012, 08:01 AM
No reply on my previous post so I will try one more time.
Since shortly my 47pfl7607H/12 switches off spontaneously and then returns in stand-by mode.
I noticed most of the times it happens when I'am using Net TV.
Someone with the same problem on FW 014.095 or even better the solution or the reason why it happens?

Erikrijnders
03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi nyehehe

well as i wrote before in my PN:

So lets get back to Topic and share your Experiences about the 14.95 FW.

Regards
Thomas

Well than, no now/next function when zapping. Also not on the 2010 models. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

nyehehe
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Please go to Home>Help>Get Started>Open Source Licence and read!

"Philips offers no support for this software." WTF!

We have to accept that have been fooled by Philips.
We swallowed the nice advertising give our money and got a good hardware and a useless software. That's it!

The only hope is that some very clever programmers take their time to develop a usable software to this TV. I would gladly donate money for a programmer who can present a usable, well designed, functional user interface for this TV.

I just read a lot today on this forum, back to 2010. The problems are almost the same or even worst: much more problems appeared !!! So it is just time wasting to beg for help from these ignorant, double-faced Philips moderators. They are just moderators, they are not able to take a decision and they are not interested to give us support at all !!!

This is the black and white reality !!!

janvan
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
No reply on my previous post so I will try one more time.
Since shortly my 47pfl7607H/12 switches off spontaneously and then returns in stand-by mode.
I noticed most of the times it happens when I'am using Net TV.
Someone with the same problem on FW 014.095 or even better the solution or the reason why it happens?

I experience the same on cinema gold t.v.
I have only a ps3 connected to hdmi to play movies.
As far as I can see it has nothing to do with specific use of Net TV.
Must be totaly rotten firmware which I suppose will never be fixed.
Wish I could help you...and myself..but I can't.
I suggest get your tv back to the shop while you still can and try for a refund.
Philips is distroying its name and reputation here,and even that seems to go unnoticed.
Unbelieveable but true.

turanga
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
The only hope is that some very clever programmers take their time to develop a usable software to this TV. I would gladly donate money for a programmer who can present a usable, well designed, functional user interface for this TV.

Well, i would do it but it's not possible cause of encryption of the firmware. A few parts are open source but not the whole firmware. No chance until philips makes the complete firmware open source.

agmarco
03-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks Jan. I think we should keep faith in our "Dutch" product but I must say it's getting more difficult.
Especially now the TV branch of Philips is going to Taiwan. :rolleyes:

Thomas, Mark, anyone form Philips can you just give us a status about solving the problems (or not) in percentages?
You know the biggest issues so it would be nice to have these in the main screen of the forum so everyone can see whats going on without frustrating each other.

Toengel
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi,

Firmware 14.96 should be available for download by now (at least the new files are on the servers): http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5076-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.14.96.0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-(2011-models)

Toengel@Alex

agmarco
03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Mmmm? I don't see any bugs or issues from all the post in this topic being solved in the changelog. Or am I missing something?

turanga
03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
New Firmware version 000.014.096.000?

The autorun.upg inside the zipfile (42pfl7606k_02_fus_deu.zip) from http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL7606K/02&slg=de&scy=DE&mid=Link_Software has modification date 23.01.2012 17:37!

Kelheimer
03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
With me is the change in date 02/17/2012 13:25 clock

Google Translator

turanga
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
With me is the change in date 02/17/2012 13:25 clock

Google Translator

on a linux system, which gets its time via ntp, after a fresh download and unzip "ls -la" shows:

-rw-r--r-- 1 user group 77115428 9. Mär 20:11 42pfl7606k_02_fus_deu.zip
-rw-r--r-- 1 user group 78259100 23. Jan 17:37 autorun.upg

Wombat
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
The link if you reach the page first always gave me the old firmware. You have to select some other language file in the pull-down menue and then your language again. This gave me the recent version.

dog soldier
03-10-2012, 10:30 AM
hi,

the sound drop bug with fw 14.96 and CI+ modul still exists

:(

AnSta
04-14-2012, 10:23 AM
So it's the middle of April 2012 now. My 42PFL7606K still shuts off randomly, already 4x today. Three times I had to turn it on again by myself. The fourth time it did a crackling sound and came back by its own. It's almost like a dying patient fighting death.
Actually I even hope it dies so I have an excuse to buy a new one. And believe me, it won't be a Philips again, that's for sure.