PDA

View Full Version : NetTV/ SmartTV Issue - Not working since update

bulletproof1979
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi,

I'm using a BDP5200, the NetTV feature was been working fine until Friday. On turning it on NetTV had been replaced with SmartTV, but nothing works, it simply states the following when you try to select anything;

This App is temporarily deactivated
Discontinued App
Unfortunately this App is no longer available
For this reason it will now be removed from your Home Page

Have tried every day since but no joy... any ideas?

Thanks.

Toengel
02-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Hi,

this problem is known... Philips is working on that issue. In the meantime, you can disable the network...

Toengel@Alex

bulletproof1979
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh right, thanks - have they made some sort of statement about it, and when they're likely to fix it at all do you know?

Earthling
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Im facing the same problem with my BDP8000/78

Today I contacted my local support (Brazil) on chat and they had no idea that there has ever been a change in the portal!

So far I havent seen any Philips representant stating anything about it in this support forum!

The only thing we can do right now is have patience and hope for a swift solution!

Regards

Earthling
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi bulletproof1979,

A Philips representant has just made a statement about it!

You can read it here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2340-Smart-TV/page9&highlight=apps+don%B4t+work+portal

At least now we know that they are working on it!

pip
02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
I had the same problem. For me it was solved when i cleared the Net-TV memory.

Earthling
02-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I had the same problem. For me it was solved when i cleared the Net-TV memory.

Was the App store and the Internet browser also disabled before you cleared the Net Tv memory?

What device is it, a BD or a Tv?

After clearing the Net Tv memory which were the standart Apps showing on the portal?

Did you have to register all over again after the memory clearance process?

pip
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
It was with my BDP5200. I went to configuration and the network. There you have "Clear net-tv memory" or something like that. (My menu is in dutch) i don't have this problem with my philips 42PFL7666 tv.

I don't know what the standard apps are. But you can always place them back. I think they are still there in the app-galery. And yes, i needed to register all over again. But that is just a small problem for me. Only needed to give it the e-mail i was registred by.

Earthling
02-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Im asking because the way that it is right now not even the App Store works!

Im afraid of clearing the memory and landing with a blank portal that doesnt even have the App Store and Internet browser in there, like I saw happen on other posts.

I also saw that the portal is not the same for all countries.

Mine is just like this:

Does yours look like this?

If it does, I might give clearing the memory a try !

Regards

Earthling
02-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Great News!

The new portal is now fully functional (at least for me on my BDP8000/78)

All the icons are working great!

I must say that I didn't expect things to get working again so fast!

And it wasn't even necessary to clear the Net Tv memory!

Philips fixed the problem!

Regards

pip
02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Good to hear

Chrissie18
02-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the reply!

Im asking because the way that it is right now not even the App Store works!

Im afraid of clearing the memory and landing with a blank portal that doesnt even have the App Store and Internet browser in there, like I saw happen on other posts.

I also saw that the portal is not the same for all countries.

Mine is just like this:

Does yours look like this?

If it does, I might give clearing the memory a try !

Regards

It's not needed anymore, but if you do need to clear the memory in the future: the selected apps are stored with your club philips account. So, when you clear and re-register you have the same apps as you had before clearing the memory.
Actually: I've got a Philips TV and Blu-ray with both NetTV and when I registered the blu-ray, I got exactly the same apps as I had picked on the TV...

Greets,
Chris

Philips admin
02-07-2012, 08:40 AM
This thread is closed. Please look/post here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4312-New-quot-Smart-TV-quot-user-interface) for any issues with the new Net TV (Smart TV) portal.