PDA

View Full Version : The perfect solution to play EVERYTHING on your 3D TV

V4Friend
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Hello all,

As you may read in this forum, many users have serious problems playing all sorts of 3D files (especially MKVs) on their Philips TV. I was no exception to this.

After a lot of hours of trying, converting, trying again and converting some more, I had enough of it: if the TV would not play my files, then something else should.

As it happens, I had bought an ITX motherboard (some say mobo), a case, some memory and a HDD in 2011 (all under 200 EUR), to please my daughter. She however chose not to use that nifty little PC, so I re-claimed it. Then I read this very interesting post in the XBMC forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=104465)

One day later, I have myself a 'universal media-player' that works beautifully with my TV, via HDMI. The sound of the TV is linked to my stereo with a optical-to-stereo converter and all's fine! There are still some tweaks to take care of (subtitles are a bit of a problem and I want to use a remote to control XBMC), but I'm sure these will be solved. I'll post some more when I have more info... check it out!

a_Tom
02-14-2012, 10:29 AM
new hmp series from philips would do the same