PDA

View Full Version : 7606 Autofill on HDMI port

atanasn
02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi,

I have 47pfl7606 with FW v0.14.95.0 (the last available).
Autofill function works perfect when watching digital air TV. I have also satellite receiver connected on HDMI port of TV. Autofill is not working when watching satellite programs. Receiver sends picture format without any corrections and TV should do this.
When I connect the same receiver on analog (SCART) port of TV Autofill works correctly.
Does anyone knows what is the problem?

Thank you!

Philips - Thomas
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi

with respect to HDCP regulations the TV is not allowed to have the full spectrum of Picture Format settings like you have them in "normal" tuner Mode.
That has to be set on the Player connected via HDMI.

Regards
Thomas

atanasn
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
My receiver is HD but most channels are SD (only 8 are HD). Anyway receiver sends HD 1080 signal on both. TV does not perform autofill on both.
I red this discussion http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1424-Auto-Fill-amp-Auto-Zoom&highlight=auto-fill
When I connect the receiver for the first time autofill had worked correctly until I switched TV off. After next power on autofill doesn't work. My question is: Is it a software problem or autofill is not performed on HDMI ports due to HDCP regulations?