PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with MyRemote v2.0 for Android?

ulgen
02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
After I installed the latest update from the Android market (dated Feb 9th), the app is unable to find my TV anymore. It used to be working great and finding the TV within seconds. I tried re-enabling jointspace (saw the jointspace disabled message first time, enabled message next) but it didn't work.

I am trying to access my 8605H from SGS2.

Toengel
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi,

reboot your Phone...

Toengel@Alex

ulgen
02-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Rebooting the phone or TV did not help. I also verified both are connected to the same network. I can access to NetTV without a problem. Also, as I said, it was working before I installed the update.

DerShortyy
02-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I am trying to access my 8605H from SGS2.

Which android version runs on your SGS2? Unfortunately i won´t be able to test the new app until upcoming saturday...

Philips admin
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new App version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new App: new, old, positive, negative.....

For the Release Notes click here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?2360-Release-notes-quot-MyRemote-quot-app-for-Android.).

ulgen
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
It's gingerbread, 2.3.6 stock rom.

malbry
02-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi,

Tried version 2.0. Works on my Xperia Arc but not my Asus Transformer TF101. On the latter, the SimplyShare function finds my Streamium NP3900 but the Philips Control doesn't find it. Same problem as previous version, can't detect the NP3900 device.

Best regards,
Malcolm

02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note N-7000 Gingerbread 2.3.6

Hi,

Control: Remote is working with my 47pfl7606 K
Net TV: Kein SmartTV ausgewählt
Simple Share: I can see my mediaservers and my TV, but there is a big empty window over the medialist. I cant select a mediafile. Only a maby 50 pixel wide area from the left side is sensitive.

information: The infobox is only 50 pixel wide and text is wraping within this small box. So its not readable.
setup: Same as information

Maby there is a problem with calculating correct positions and dimensions of the layouts. Galaxy Note has a dimension of 1280x800 Pixel.

Best regards,

gorillaz
02-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello,

I'm using the new version of Philips MyRemote on my Motorola Xoom and everything works very well except TV Guide. It seems that I can't retrive a Mobile link code from my 46PFL9705H/12 TV.

Best regards,
Alex

genesisfan
02-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Hello,

I'm using the new MyRemote for Android on my ASUS TF101.

Everything works well except the TV Guide.
I cannot enter the Activation Code to connect the TV Guide.
It seems that the keyboard function is not working.

ASUS TF101
Android 3.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.36.3-00001-g9a21fc1
Build: HTK75.WW_epad-8.6.5.21-20111216
MobileDock-version: EP101-0213

Kind Regards,
Marcel

gorillaz
02-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Hello,

ASUS TF101
Android 3.2.1

Kind Regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Can you tell me from where you retrieve the Mobile link code?

Regards,
Alex

Philips
02-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Hello,

I'm using the new version of Philips MyRemote on my Motorola Xoom and everything works very well except TV Guide. It seems that I can't retrive a Mobile link code from my 46PFL9705H/12 TV.

Best regards,
Alex

Dear all,

W.r.t. questions on the TV Guide: be sure to use the IP-EPG screen (and not the Broadcaster EPG screen).

Screens you should see are these:

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
02-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi,

does the TV-Guide-link work for all TV series with IP-EPG? Or only 2011+?

Toengel@Alex

gorillaz
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Dear all,

W.r.t. questions on the TV Guide: be sure to use the IP-EPG screen (and not the Broadcaster EPG screen).

Regards,
JuAn

Hi JuAn,

My TV doesn't have a TV Guide section but a Programme Guide. Do you think that my 46PFL9705H/12 TV should have an IP-EPG screen?

Regard,
Alex

genesisfan
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Marcel,

Can you tell me from where you retrieve the Mobile link code?

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,
Go to your TV-EPG (TV Guide).
Press the Yellow button on your RC.
You got a popup with the Activation Code.
This code needed to be filled in on your tablet (I guess).

Regards,
Marcel

Toengel
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi,

if you set up your TV to EPG from network, your Programme Guide should display the IP-EPG (you will see a small broadcast windows in the top left corner). However, IP-EPG is dependent on the chosen DVB tuner and your country...

Toengel@Alex

Philips
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi,

does the TV-Guide-link work for all TV series with IP-EPG? Or only 2011+?

Toengel@Alex

Alex,

Works from 2k10 (xxPFLxxx5) onwards.

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I NEED A TABLET :D

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Dear all,

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

why are only Tablets supported with the TV Guide? Does this depend on the installed android version on the device? At you posted pictures one can see the a HTC phone is available...
Best regards

Jump
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi,

downloading starts but app does not instal. I have enough of internal memory. My phone is HTC Wildfire S, Android 2.3.3

Philips
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi,

Tried version 2.0. Works on my Xperia Arc but not my Asus Transformer TF101. On the latter, the SimplyShare function finds my Streamium NP3900 but the Philips Control doesn't find it. Same problem as previous version, can't detect the NP3900 device.

Best regards,
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Note: it will be possible in a later version to control AVM devices (BDP, HTS, etc.) with MyRemote on a Tablet.

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
02-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi,

downloading starts but app does not instal. I have enough of internal memory. My phone is HTC Wildfire S, Android 2.3.3

Hi,

restart your device...

Toengel@Alex

Jump
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Hi,

restart your device...

Toengel@Alex

Hi,

it also does not help...

Bastrup
02-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,
Just tried out the new version 2.0 on my Acer A500, together with my 40pfl6606t TV. Everything seems to work, including the TV guide - really nice interface. I have a couple of suggestions on how to improve further:
1. Enable scheduling of recording to USB harddisk from the TV guide on the Android device. This interface is more effective for doing this
2. When streaming music over DLNA, and turn of the LED display (red button, turn of screen), the display turns on again, when the number is changed. A better solution is to keep the screen blackened, until a specific button (say red) is pushed again.

Philips
02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Juan,

why are only Tablets supported with the TV Guide? Does this depend on the installed android version on the device? At you posted pictures one can see the a HTC phone is available...
Best regards

Hi Robert,

EPG has been chosen as an extra feature for tablets because of the large screen. A smartphone version might become available in the long term.

This 3rd screenshot you are mentioning is showing device names, but you can name them anything you like...
To prevent confusion for others, I editted the picture :p

Regards,
JuAn

DerShortyy
02-10-2012, 03:26 PM
The new myremote app 2.0 works pretty good with Samsung Galaxy S2.

@Juan, thanks for your reply. would be great if you could add this feature for smartphones too!

Erik V
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Good evening all,

I also can't activate the tvguide on my Acer Iconia. Used the given code but tablet keeps searching. It said something about only for Ipad??

rr12
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Hallo at all

I also can't activate the tvguide on my Archos 7 home v2 with froyo 2.2.1,
because there is no a keyboard open in myremote app, there is only blinking vertical line:confused:

and the G-sensor doesn`t work too

thx

the version 1.04 (Thank's Robert) works better on
my archos 7! Why?
but
I like the new feature of the 2.0, that is why, iI really have to have new app:o

erwin_78
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I can's sent pictures from my tablet, tf201 ics, to tv, 9704, where i could with the previous remote app..
Simpleshare doesnt find any playback device. Any thoughts?

In the main screen it also seems to search forever for other devices, even after finding tv. Does it stop?
Control works nice n smooth. guide isnt compatible, sadly.

Jump
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Finally I have installed app in my Wildfire, it works good with 7605 and 7606. I wonder if Philips can add sharing of services like youtube. It would be nice because I receive correct search results on my smartphone (youtube). Searching of youtube over Net TV app always gives incorrect and strange results.

BlogYourEarth
02-13-2012, 07:10 PM
The latest MyRemote app is very cool. I love the app an how easy it is to control my TV. With all the new functions it was the right choice to buy a philips tv and not a samsung tv.

I tried the new version last weekend but I have a problem to stream videos from my SGS2 to my Philips LED TV.

I think the video codec is not supported by the streaming server. My short Problem description (http://www.blogyourearth.com/en/smartphone-2/philips-myremote-2-smarttv/3237)

Is this the reason for my problem ?
Where will I find a list of the supported video codecs ?

Thanks for yoru help,

BlogYourEarth

genesisfan
02-13-2012, 08:27 PM
It's working!! Tonight I played around with MyRemote and this time I tabbed on the right side of the text saying 'code activation' then a text box appeared. So I could fill-in the code to connect my Asus Tablet with the TV Guide ;)

Hello,

ASUS TF101
Android 3.2.1

Kind Regards,
Marcel

DerShortyy
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
The latest MyRemote app is very cool. I love the app an how easy it is to control my TV. With all the new functions it was the right choice to buy a philips tv and not a samsung tv.

I tried the new version last weekend but I have a problem to stream videos from my SGS2 to my Philips LED TV.

I think the video codec is not supported by the streaming server. My short Problem description (http://www.blogyourearth.com/en/smartphone-2/philips-myremote-2-smarttv/3237)

Is this the reason for my problem ?
Where will I find a list of the supported video codecs ?

Thanks for yoru help,

BlogYourEarth

if you wanna stream videos which doesn't work with myremote just try samsungs allshare or imediashare.

smart
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I just tested it as well and it is a really good improvement. I like the new MyRemote app and the ability to play from local media servers on the TV.

Only the video format of the mobile phone was not supported by the TV. As an enhancement, there could be some transcoding done on the smartphone. I think, this worked with iMediaShare.

But in all other points: very nice working app! Go on like this!

Philips
02-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi,

Best regards,
Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Note: it is NOT possible to control AVM devices (BDP, HTS, etc.) with MyRemote on a Tablet. Only on a smartphone!

Regards,
JuAn

Update 14-Feb-'12:
The control of AVM devices with the MyRemote App on Tablets will be added in a future update of the App. We've listened to your feedback :)

Regards,
JuAn

Frank
02-14-2012, 07:16 PM
When I stream pictures to my 32PFL9705K/02 (FW 140.046.0), for every picture the TV displays the file name, the big triangle icon in the middle and the message box "Bild wird angezeigt" ("Displaying picture" or similiar). That's annoying and makes the picture streaming somewhat unsuable. This is a pity, since it would be nice to show pictures using the tablet as controller.

Would be great if you could fix that (probably in the TV firmware), so that just the plain pictures are displayed, like the slide show that is initiated on the TV itself.

Regards,
Frank

BlogYourEarth
02-14-2012, 07:40 PM
if you wanna stream videos which doesn't work with myremote just try samsungs allshare or imediashare.

Thanks I will give it a try...

Hogge12
02-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Agree with previous comment. Quite annoying with the white bar saying "Hämtar bild" (Fetching image) in the bottom when loading a new picture to be displayed. Ruins the experience quite a bit. I also wonder how you stop the slide-show. I felt a bit stupid when I couldn't find any "quit" button. Clicking "back" on my Xperia did not stop the slide show. What did I do wrong?

ariekanarie
02-14-2012, 07:58 PM
I have installed the newest MyRemote app on my HTC Desire (Android 2.2.2). I use it on my Philips 37PFL7606H/12 TV with latest firmware version 000.014.095.000 just installed.
Everything work OK except for one major issue: If I use the onscreen keyboard in the app, for example to search in the YouTube SmartTV app, incorrect characters are sent to the TV. When I type 'a' on the phone, it shows '2' on the tv and a search on '2' is started automatically. If I type 'q', '77' is shown and searched.
My main reason to use the Android app is to have a better way to enter text, which is cumbersome on the TV.
Is this a known issue? Any tips on what I can do to improve this?

Philips
02-15-2012, 07:58 AM
I have installed the newest MyRemote app on my HTC Desire (Android 2.2.2). I use it on my Philips 37PFL7606H/12 TV with latest firmware version 000.014.095.000 just installed.
Everything work OK except for one major issue: If I use the onscreen keyboard in the app, for example to search in the YouTube SmartTV app, incorrect characters are sent to the TV. When I type 'a' on the phone, it shows '2' on the tv and a search on '2' is started automatically. If I type 'q', '77' is shown and searched.
My main reason to use the Android app is to have a better way to enter text, which is cumbersome on the TV.

TIP: Please use the same language on the TV as on the keyboard of the phone.
Let us know the result.....

Regards,
JuAn

DerShortyy
02-15-2012, 10:49 AM

Issue is already known that the myremote app doesn´t work with the youtube app.
Even when both devices are set to the same language e.g. german it doesn´t help.

Philips
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Issue is already known that the myremote app doesn´t work with the youtube app.
Even when both devices are set to the same language e.g. german it doesn´t help.

Hi Robert,

This would really surprise me, as the MyRemote is just simulating the actual physical remote, so it doesn't matter in which NetTV App you are.

Can you please double check that the TV language is the same as the phone's keyboard language (which is independent of the phone's general language)?

Considering the described symptoms (pressing 'a', will present a '2'), this is 100% reproducible by having different language settings.

Regards,
JuAn

DerShortyy
02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi Robert,

This would really surprise me, as the MyRemote is just simulating the actual physical remote, so it doesn't matter in which NetTV App you are.

Can you please double check that the TV language is the same as the phone's keyboard language (which is independent of the phone's general language)?

Considering the described symptoms (pressing 'a', will present a '2'), this is 100% reproducible by having different language settings.

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

i will double check next weekend ( on my SGS2 i checked it, it is german/Germany). But i´m pretty sure because i´ve never changed the settings of the TV ( there was always german ) and this issue happens with some other apps too (i don´t remember all yet but i think it was maxdome and videociety. There are not a lot of other apps which i use and which need a keyboard. And because the myremote 1.0.4. app takes a long time to be released i´m pretty fast with the "normal" remote using SMS typing).

I also found out when you copy a long URL and paste it in the browser it sometimes happens that a few letters get mixed up. like https:// isn´t https:// anymore it builds up with http7://

jstevens
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Too this app does not work anymore on my rooted HTC Desire (Android 2.3.5). It used to work perfectly. Now it just crashed when started and wifi is on.

Rebooting did not help.

larstv
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Using a SonyEricsson Ray (Android 2.3.4) and a 32PFL6636T on the same network, restarted both devices. Kind of disappointing.

BR,

Lars

Toengel
02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi,

did you installed the latest TV firmware and did you activate jointspace on your TV (see FAQ in app)?

Toengel@Alex

larstv
02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
According to the documentation/FAQ in the app I do not need to activate Jointspace since the TV is a 2011 model. Yes, I updated to the latest firmware.

Any other hints?

/ Lars

woodywoodstock
02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Hello,

I've been trying to connect these two for several days now. I contacted Philips support, they are not really informed very well and are just telling something so that the customer has the feeling that he cares for him. My last support-member told me that the app is not designed for Honeycomb 3.2.1. But this cannot be true, because at least one forum-user is successful with this version (he posted in this threat). I reinstalled the app several times, I restarted both devices several times. And yes I do have the latest versions of all software on my devices. But still no connection. Is here anybody who was successful in connecting a tablet with a HTS sound-system?

Best
Woody

DerShortyy
02-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi Robert,

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

i´ve double checked the language configuration on both devices... I can confirm that the myremote app 2.0 as the 1.0.4. doesn´t work with youtube leanback. No letters get transmitted just the digit. On top of that, typing anything on the myremote keyboard crashes the whole youtube app...

FCR
02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Everything wrong on Archos 70IT

Android: Archos 70It v Android 2.2.1
TV: 42PFL8404H12

Previous vesion worked well, but this new one v2.0.0 doesn't want to change screen orientation, can't recognize my BlueRay BDP5200, and TV remote control is not working (all "screens" are blocked).

In conclusion, where I can find the previous one ?

miwiiti
02-18-2012, 07:28 PM
helo.
I feel the same as RR12 :I also can't activate the tvguide on my Apad Tab 10 with froyo 2.2,
because there is no a keyboard open in myremote app, there is only blinking vertical line.:mad:
any solution?.
everything else works great and is very pleasing to the tablet.:)
Thank you.

Joop
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi there,

Here a summary of my experiences with the android app.

I use a galaxy tab 10.1 combined with the 7605 philips tv. Installation an retrieval of television works just fine. Simple share works like a charm for pictures, but most (all?) movie formats are not recognised.

I get a message very regularly "Lost connection, cannot connect to remote machine" and wants you to push the "Ok" button which stops the app. Most of the time this message disappears after several seconds if you just don't push the ok button and you can continue to use the app as if the message did not appear, but sometimes the app crashes and needs to be restarted.

The most beautiful feature is of course the possibility to use the keyboard of the tablet, especially combined with youtube. This works but rather indirectly unfortunately. The keyboard button on the tablet does not react half the time, which is annoying.

In theory the combination with IP-EPG is great, however several channels offered by Ziggo (NL) cannot be found using IP-EPG e.g. the right disney channel and discovery channel resulting in a rather limited added value. For now I have no choice but to use the EPG of Ziggo. The good news is that after connecting the tab with IP-EPG, this connection remains available, even after using the other EPG option again. So some of the channels still can be used.

DerShortyy
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi Juan,

big Problem! myremote 1.0.4 and v2.0 crashes HTS9221 while audio/mp3 disc playback!!!!

Rex Dexter
02-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Dear all,

I recently bought a HTS 9241/12. I run it together with a NAS (Synology DS212+) and it works fine in general. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to send music/photos/videos from the PC to the HTS (not using the TV - I have a Sony TV). Is there any software available to do this? The Diskstation Media Server doesn't seem to be capable to stream music from the PC to the HTS, controlled by the PC.

Alternatively, I tried to use the MyRemote App, but My Smartphoe SE Experia Active with Android 2.3.4. doesn't find the HTS. Any Idea why this does not work?
Basicly, I want to hear MP3s on my HTS without using the TV-menu :-)

Thanks for you help!

DerShortyy
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Dear all,

I recently bought a HTS 9241/12. I run it together with a NAS (Synology DS212+) and it works fine in general. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to send music/photos/videos from the PC to the HTS (not using the TV - I have a Sony TV). Is there any software available to do this? The Diskstation Media Server doesn't seem to be capable to stream music from the PC to the HTS, controlled by the PC.

Alternatively, I tried to use the MyRemote App, but My Smartphoe SE Experia Active with Android 2.3.4. doesn't find the HTS. Any Idea why this does not work?
Basicly, I want to hear MP3s on my HTS without using the TV-menu :-)

Thanks for you help!

This is definetly i Feature 'm looking for too. but i guess it's only available with HMP'S

smart
02-21-2012, 05:44 AM
This should work with any DLNA controller. I use the Twonky app, which supports queuing of songs, but costs. The app iMediaControl does the same, but without queuing support. But I do that with the TV, I do not have a HTS, but it should be the same...

Rex Dexter
02-21-2012, 07:18 AM
This should work with any DLNA controller. I use the Twonky app, which supports queuing of songs, but costs. The app iMediaControl does the same, but without queuing support. But I do that with the TV, I do not have a HTS, but it should be the same...

Thanks Smart. Twonky looks fine, I think I will try it out. The MyRemote App seems to be "powered" by Twonky as well, so could I use it instead or does it not support this functionality?

n0t
02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
I have a 7" inch tablet (ZTE V9), and I was really watting for these features (remote control of TV -7606 and dlna server / control point) in one app, but this version seems a bit buggy, the main problem I have is that the screen resolution of the app is bigger than the tab native resolution (800x480), so the main screen is cropped and I can't access all the features nor the configuration.

Rex Dexter
02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks Smart. Twonky looks fine, I think I will try it out. The MyRemote App seems to be "powered" by Twonky as well, so could I use it instead or does it not support this functionality?

Twonky doesn't support/recognize the HTS, as well as other dlna controllers. Seems like I have to wait till this device is supported. Still don't get it why Philips MyRemote doesn't work for the HTS on my android phone!

anders
02-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I use the YouTube app but when searching for videos, using an iphone or android phone, i cannot use the phone keyboard properly. The app does not recognize the letters from the keyboard but writes numbers instead.

02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi,

with the latest update from today graphic problems on Galaxy Note are solved. Thank you for working on it.
Could you please activate TV Guide on Galaxy Note? I think Galaxy Note is more a tablet than a smartphone.
Or is it planed to activate TV Guide generaly on Android 4.0? Than I can wait for Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Note.

Regards,

DerShortyy
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Unfortunetaly, you can´t stream music directly to the HTS. It must be a problem of the HTS9221 because no server app works, neither ALLSHARE, iMediaShare nor Myremote.

It is only possible to browse the smartphone via the HTS menu and therefor you need the TV to be switched on, so this DLNA function is completly senseless because the TV can browse other devices too and sometimes one wants too listen to music (by streaming it) without having the TV switched on...

Toengel
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi,

version 2.0.1 is online...

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
02-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi,

version 2.0.1 is online...

Toengel@Alex

2.0.1. online since 24th February. still not possible to stream music to HTS9221

rr12
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
cool my archos play music, pictures, videos

thanks to philips i love my TV TV TV and archos

thanks thanks

Joseph
03-12-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm unable to detect my Blu-ray BDP5200/98 with HTC Desire HD (Android 2.3.5) + Philips MyRemote 2.0.1. BDP5200/98 firmware is 1.31.

Toengel
03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi,

is UPNP activated on your router? Does NetTV works on your BDP? Try to cold reboote your HTC.

Toengel@Alex

Joseph
03-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Hi Toengel,
Yes, uPnP checked, NetTV/SmartTV working, HTC rebooted, still cannot detect the BDP.

Hi,

is UPNP activated on your router? Does NetTV works on your BDP? Try to cold reboote your HTC.

Toengel@Alex

ahasver
03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Seems that sadly all enhancements of 2.0 version aren't supported by 2009 TVs, or do I mind? (except may support for tablets)

Only remote control via virtual keyboard works as limited as before.

I'm wondering why simply connect doesn't work with my 8404 since the tv is dnla capable and a videos could be streamed by a stand alone twonky mobile App (if the tv finds the twonky mobile server and the phone doesn't go power save mode during access/playing). May be MyRemote would need a special kind of support to implement for 2009 devices? If any body knows an other simple but stable working dnla server app on Android only to stream Videos from my SGS (and no other network sources) to the TV please let me know.

Even if Greacenote IPEPG-Guide now works on my tv like tvtv guide should have worked two years ago the tv guide connection via My Remote would be nice for me too. But I thinlk this couldn't work without update of device software that isn't done any more.

DerShortyy
03-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Seems that sadly all enhancements of 2.0 version aren't supported by 2009 TVs, or do I mind? (except may support for tablets)

Only remote control via virtual keyboard works as limited as before.

I'm wondering why simply connect doesn't work with my 8404 since the tv is dnla capable and a videos could be streamed by a stand alone twonky mobile App (if the tv finds the twonky mobile server and the phone doesn't go power save mode during access/playing). May be MyRemote would need a special kind of support to implement for 2009 devices? If any body knows an other simple but stable working dnla server app on Android only to stream Videos from my SGS (and no other network sources) to the TV please let me know.

Even if Greacenote IPEPG-Guide now works on my tv like tvtv guide should have worked two years ago the tv guide connection via My Remote would be nice for me too. But I thinlk this couldn't work without update of device software that isn't done any more.

Hi,
have you tried Samsungs Allshare or iMediashare to stream videos?
Bst rgds

ahasver
03-16-2012, 01:22 AM
iMediashare didn't work: the tv didn't see the media server. May be it provides only newer dnla protocoll versions.

I found in-between an other dnla server. It shares all media files on my phone or nothing. There is nothing to configure. It does the job but has only a few downloads in Google Play yet so I don't know, if I can trust the program if it wouldn't be do any thing unwanted else...

May be I will give a try Samsung Allshare.

Kalle73
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Adjust button/icon missing

Hi, am I the only one who is missing the Adjust button/icon? If I remember correctly the first myremote app had the Adjust button.
The Adjust button should have one of the highest priority since the PNM issue is still not resolved (PNM active after start, although it is disabled in the picture setting).

It would be great, to customize the 9 icons shown on myremote, so that one could access directly e.g. Settings or 3D, without having to select Adjust before and then navigate through the incredible slow menu.

Petr
04-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I can's sent pictures from my tablet, tf201 ics, to tv, 9704, where i could with the previous remote app..
Simpleshare doesnt find any playback device. Any thoughts?

In the main screen it also seems to search forever for other devices, even after finding tv. Does it stop?
Control works nice n smooth. guide isnt compatible, sadly.

Hi,
I have the same issue with my HTC Desire HD and 40PFL8605H.
Control works OK.
Net TV works OK.
SimplyShare try to find playback device constantly.
Do you have any solution?
I cant find any replays from Philips about your issue.:confused:

DerShortyy
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
@Philips,

since i´ve upgrated my Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 the TV remote isn´t shown properly when one start it. Its somewhere between the middle main menu and the left options menu. It doesn´t bother me but it just look strang on first sight. when you scroll to left or right the menus are shown right again.
Mybe you can have a look on this

Toengel
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi,

can you make a screenshot? Often this helps... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
04-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi,

can you make a screenshot? Often this helps... ;-)

Toengel@Alex

i´ve edited my post with a screenshot, which is really complecated with a mobile device. On that screenshot you can see how the myremote app look like when you start the TV app

Philips
04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
@Philips,

since i´ve upgrated my Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 the TV remote isn´t shown properly when one start it. Its somewhere between the middle main menu and the left options menu. It doesn´t bother me but it just look strang on first sight. when you scroll to left or right the menus are shown right again.

Thanks DerShortyy for your feedback. We are currently looking into the matter.

Regards,
JuAn

Petr
04-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi,
I have the same issue with my HTC Desire HD and 40PFL8605H.
Control works OK.
Net TV works OK.
SimplyShare try to find playback device constantly.
Do you have any solution?
I cant find any replays from Philips about your issue.:confused:

Dear support,
could you pls react on my request.
Thanks in advance!

Toengel
05-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi,

version 2.2 is available at Google Play.

Toengel@Alex

DerShortyy
05-10-2012, 06:19 PM
@Philips,

still the same picture, even with 2.2

marc66
05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
MyRemote (2.2) finds my MCI500H -> great! (connected by wlan)
My TV 42PFL8694H/12 cant be found :-(

(TV is connected by powerline to the router)

Jointspace is on!
NetTV works!
Connecting to my Synology DiskStation works!

"Wiedergabe auf..." (Played on the) is only showing MCI500H.
"Suche nach Wiedergabegeräten" (Searching for devices?) is shown while searching all the time.

any ideas? thanx4help!
marc

Toengel
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi,

you TV is a 2009 TV. 2009 TV only have DLNA 1.0 - this means, that they only can pull media data. They don't have the ability to receive content by pushing from a different device...

DLNA 1.5 - 2010 and later:
- push to TV
- pull from TV

DLNA 1.0 - 2009 TVs:
- pull from TV

Toengel@Alex

marc66
05-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi,

you TV is a 2009 TV. 2009 TV only have DLNA 1.0 - this means, that they only can pull media data. ...
Toengel@Alex

Thanx for this Info.
I doubt there is a way to update to 1.5?

Petr
05-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Petr
Hi Toengel,
after updating(2.2) I have the same pictures! Even with different HTC smartphone.

Toengel
05-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Hi,

with a 2009 TV (xxPFLxxx4) you can only pull media files FROM the TV. You cannot push media data TO the TV.

Toengel@Alex

Petr
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi Toengel,
I`ve changed the TV set, I checked on 46PFL9706 - same issue, app constantly try to find playback devices. The media renderer on tv is on.

kikonen
06-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Works badly for me
1) looses connection with tv very frequently
2) Seemingly forbids my tabletfrom going into standby (I've to kill myremote process manually)
3) Crashes very frequently

tolgaakcan
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi Juan,

I'm guessing 2010 models doesn't retrieve that mobile link code.. My tv guide doesn't look as you showed here
Is there any other way to find out than code?

I go tv guide and press yellow button and not get anything other than help screen,,

Please help

Thanks tolga

Dear all,

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi,

be sure, you have the IP-EPG (the one with the small PIP window on the top left side).

Note: IP-EPG only works with DVB-C/-T and analog on 2010 devices.

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Ip peg? Do you mean electronic program guide via Internet not broadcaster. : answer is yes but my program guide doesn't show pip screen.
Mine is just a list format.

Toengel
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi,

example pictures of the IP-EPG: http://58pfl9955.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/philips-anleitung-wie-man-im-ip-epg-schnell-zu-den-tv-aufnahmen-springen-kann/

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
It's DVB/c I checked it. But it doesnt look like what Juan shows that's for sure.
Looks like 3 column several line excell sheet.

Ip peg? Do you mean electronic program guide via Internet not broadcaster. : answer is yes but my program guide doesn't show pip screen.
Mine is just a list format.

tolgaakcan
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Check that out. Here is epg screen there

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/philips-46pfl9706t-review-50006799/

Looks like it.. Yours showing great however I don't remember seein anything like it on my tv.. Mine looks simple.

Toengel
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi,

see following table for IP-EPG compatibility: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3616-IP-EPG-now-active-for-Duch-cable-users!

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks. That explaines why.. Turkey broadcasting network doesn't support epg as such. I recon that is the reason.

Toengel
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi,

you can try to setup your TV to a country nearby which is supported by the IP-EPG - often the channels are also present in that chosen country.

Toengel@Alex

tolgaakcan
06-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I thing that's only possible when you have DVB/t which is terrestrial broad cast. Mine is cable. So I can change the cable company. Thanks Alex really appreciated.

Toengel
06-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi,

should also work on DVB-C...

Toengel@Alex

jmcm
06-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi, I have a sony tablet with ics and myremote can't find my tv 40pfl8606 in simplyshare option.
My tv has the more recent firmware and there is no ip epg for Portugal so can't find any code.
control and nettv options work ok.
Thanks,
Jm

Toengel
06-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi,

try to setup your TV to Spain. As you can see here: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3616-IP-EPG-now-active-for-Duch-cable-users! in Spain IP-EPG is allowed. Often the channels of neighbour countries are also available...

Toengel@Alex

jmcm
06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi,

Do you think that I need that code to make SimplyShare work, or it's just to get the EPG?
I don't think that I'll get anything because I'm not near the Spain border, but if you think that it can solve the SimplyShare problem, than I'll try it. To change the country, the only option is to reinstall the tv, isn't it? Is there any way to keep my channels and preferences?

Thanks,
Jose

tetrapackage
06-25-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't think changing the registered country will actually work. I don't see it fit to do anything useful on this type of problem especially if you are out of border. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-wink.gif

rycker64
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Hello together,
my problem is i use a 46PFL8685K/02, a 42PFL8654H/12 and 2 Android devices, Motorola milestone2 stock rom and Motorola xoom stock rom ,my app is the lates version from the market. The problem is everything works fine tv control, simply share, but if i try to connect the Tvguide , the code will not accept from the moto xoom. V code come from TvGuidescreen by pressing the yellow button, ip-epg is activated. At the milestone i have no point to register the tv guide from the tv's.
What ist the reason for the bad code? What can i do to get a correct code from tv?
I have reboot both devices, i've reinstall the app at both device, without solution.
Please help me to get the full function from these wonderfull app.

Karl Ranseier
07-17-2012, 02:05 AM
The media server integrated into the APP is inherently insecure, since it lacks ACLs or any other control mechanism. As most Android devices are mobile and often roam between different WLANs, files will be shared on any such network the device connects to. Only secure option: Turn it off and never turn it on again.

rose1304
07-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi,i'm from serbia and i bought recently philips 32pfl5007k/12 TV.
On my samsung galaxy s2 android4.0.3. is ''my remote v2.2.'',
only once or twice i suceded to use simply share through ''my remote v2.2.'',
othervise is always shown ''searching for servers'' information and i can not watch my photos and videos through my tv.
can someone help me to solve my problem

jmcm
07-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi, I don't think there is one, it's just one of the problems that philips never solved. I have the same problem with my 8606 tv. If I turn off the power, then after powering on, the simply share or connecting to pc feature work as it should, but after putting the tv in stand by mode, after that, these features on the tv or on my remote just keeps searching and found nothing until I power off the tv again (power button in the back of tv set).

cjb
08-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Slow clunky the remote is so slow as to be unusable. My Tablet has a HDMI output this is way better for sharing streaming media to the TV. No program guide available for the UK. So in short this app is as much use to me as a chocolate tea pot.

dp0017
08-19-2012, 01:19 PM
With MyRemote, I can emulate a keyboard : that's better to go on internet pages
Is there an option to emulate mouse with a smartphone? Is it or can it be added to next Myremote app? This would clearly help cause actually it's difficult to choose a link on an internet page

NAV
08-26-2012, 02:39 PM
MyRemote werkt slechts zeer ten dele met het 2012 model 42PFL6007H/12. Slecht enkele opdrachten gegeven via de app worden uitgevoerd, een heel groot aantal echter niet. De app is dus in de huidige vorm onbruikbaar voor dit tv-model.

NAV
08-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Versie 2.3 van MyRemote lost (geheel of gedeeltelijk?) het hierboven vermelde probleem op. MyRemote is nu bruikbaar met de 42PFL6007H/12

Version 2.3 of MyRemote corrects (fully or partly?) above mentioned problem. MyRemote is now usable with the 42PFL6007H/12.

Doengel
08-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks DerShortyy for your feedback. We are currently looking into the matter.

Regards,
JuAn

Dear Juan,

the issue has been fixed with v2.3.