PDA

View Full Version : GoGear Mix SA3-MXX - Unresponsive after update attempt

FrancisC
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi there,

Earlier today I purchased the Philips GoGear Mix, SA3-MXX and now it doesn't work. Please read below for details.

Currently it is completely unresponsive (does not power on) and consistently fails to be repaired by the 'Repair' option in the Philips Device Manager for GoGear SA3-MXX.

Here is a list of events that happened that lead to this state;

The device worked fine out of the box.

Before uploading my music to the device, I installed the Philips Device Manager to my PC.

Using the Philips Device Manager, I found the pre-installed firmware version was either v1.08 or 1.09, and seeing the fixes available in the subsequent firmware updates up to v1.13, I decided it prudent to update.

The Philips Device Manager reportedly downloaded the firmware update successfully to v1.13.

The error occurred during the installation of the update, in which it prompted to disconnect and reconnect the device for repair.

After several failed attempts to 'repair' the device using Philips Device Manager for the SA3-MXX I attempted to reset it, but to no avail.

Notes:

I followed the safe removal procedure correctly throughout this problem.

My PC doesn't recognise the device as SA3-MXX anymore, it recognises it as "rockusb Device"

My PC's Operating System is Windows XP Home Edition

If possible, I wish to restore it to an operational state.
If it is not plausable to repair it using the support from Philips - either on the support forums or through Customer Care - I would appreciate advice on other options available to me at this time.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Francis

jvpeters
02-16-2012, 08:36 AM
i think the device manager is quite difficult to use when use it for the repair.
make sure you follow the on screen instruction - it s like pushing the volume + button while plugging in your switched off device.
when there's a pop-up that prompts you to repair mode, you release the key... the repair should then go on...

have you gone through these? because as i can see a lot of users fail in the process "press volume + key while plugging in"...

if the repair not work... i dont hv any other comment but send it to service. u can contact your local support : www.support.philips.com

before that maybe you can also try: resetting it to factory settings on your device.

mfowmes
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi There

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. And cannot find a way of getting the device to respond to anything. The Device manager application appears to be the worst piece of software I've ever seen!

Hope you managed to find a solution and can help.

Cheers

Martin

Hi there,

Earlier today I purchased the Philips GoGear Mix, SA3-MXX and now it doesn't work. Please read below for details.

Currently it is completely unresponsive (does not power on) and consistently fails to be repaired by the 'Repair' option in the Philips Device Manager for GoGear SA3-MXX.

Here is a list of events that happened that lead to this state;

The device worked fine out of the box.

Before uploading my music to the device, I installed the Philips Device Manager to my PC.

Using the Philips Device Manager, I found the pre-installed firmware version was either v1.08 or 1.09, and seeing the fixes available in the subsequent firmware updates up to v1.13, I decided it prudent to update.

The Philips Device Manager reportedly downloaded the firmware update successfully to v1.13.

The error occurred during the installation of the update, in which it prompted to disconnect and reconnect the device for repair.

After several failed attempts to 'repair' the device using Philips Device Manager for the SA3-MXX I attempted to reset it, but to no avail.

Notes:

I followed the safe removal procedure correctly throughout this problem.

My PC doesn't recognise the device as SA3-MXX anymore, it recognises it as "rockusb Device"

My PC's Operating System is Windows XP Home Edition

If possible, I wish to restore it to an operational state.
If it is not plausable to repair it using the support from Philips - either on the support forums or through Customer Care - I would appreciate advice on other options available to me at this time.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Francis

tom3ld
06-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Hi All,

fixed this by holding the "volume plus button" as the device was inserted into the computer (USB port) and then releasing it only when the pop up came up with a red messae saying to release the V+ button..... took a while but it came back to life...

(my model is SA2, but had identical problem described above and guess the same will fix for SA3...)

best wishes,
Tom

Hi There

Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue. And cannot find a way of getting the device to respond to anything. The Device manager application appears to be the worst piece of software I've ever seen!

Hope you managed to find a solution and can help.

Cheers

Martin