PDA

View Full Version : TV lost the dlna server

Sergii
02-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Model: 32PFL7606T/12. Firmware version: 014.095.000.

Using several DLNA servers (minidlna, upnp), I had found the following issue:
streaming a movie is ok at first, but about 5/15 min the TV lost DLNA server, Net TV still work fine. Other TV (Sony KDL-37W5500) streaming the movie fine all time.
I try both wired and wireless connections, no different.

Someone an idea what is causing this trouble, or having similar issues (and solutions, hopefully)???

Philips - Thomas
02-15-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi Sergeii

can you please post some more Infos about your network Structure (how is it set up, whcih devices are involved) and the Server you use.

Thanks
Thomas

Sergii
02-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi Thomas

the network structure is simple: one wireless router DIR-815 (dlink) and NAS DNS-325 (dlink). The router has DHCP server. NAS has DLNA server which call "minidlna", version 1.0.22.
To the router are connected: NAS (wire), Sony TV (wire), Philips TV (I try both type of connection wire and wireless).

Sergii

Bjo
02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi,

I have the same issue with 42PDL7906K/02 (Firmware-Version Q5551-0.14.95.0) via WLAN using FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7270 v2 (Firmware-Version 54.05.05) with usb-attached harddrive with mediadata. The TV is connected to cable "Kabel Deutschland" with analogue and digital (DVB-C) TV-channels.
After ca. 20 minutes the TV freeses the movie and stops DLNA-streaming. Now the TV-menu states, that no DLNA-server is available.
Shooting down and complete removing the power helps to reestablish a DLNA-connection.
(But the normal menu is too uncomfortable to move to the last break, I miss typing search-time or similar for starting from last break.)

Additionally I found that the PC-screen-streaming with WiFi Mediaconnect is also stopped by the TV after round about 20 minutes.

Bjorn

Bjo
02-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Additional note:
I just used my TV's capabilities (red button on remote control) to open the interactive "ARTE LIVE WEB" of the digital "arte" channel.
I choosed a TV-film and started viewing. Like in former cases the streaming of the TV-film is stopped after about 20 minutes. And after that the TV states, that no network is connected.

Philips - Thomas
02-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi

please both test what happens with direct connections between DLNA Server and TV, no Router/Switch whatever in between.

Thanks
Thomas

Bjo
03-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi Thomas,

as you requested I tried to stream (DLNA) from my netbook via cable directly to TV.
It worked fine for an entire movie (1.5 hours) without any break down.

But I've not tried to connect my TV via cable to the router's mediaserver, which is connected to the internet. (They are in different rooms.)
But this should be checked as well. Maybe a connectivity issue or a special request/response pair to the internet/philips during streaming leads to a network break down on TV side - with cable and with wifi.

Bjorn

AdamSweetman
03-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I have something very similar.

Both my 42PDL7906T/12 and the Philips HTS i got with it drop connection with the DLNA server periodically, this can be during both video and audio playback.

Its not directly linked to the DLNA server either, they loose visibility to another couple of devices also, and it takes a reboot of the 4 port hub to which they are both connected to restore visibility to my media servers.

I've tried multiple switches and network configurations, but nothing is staying stable with the wired connection, I have not tested the wireless connection yet.

Next time it drops the server I'll try just disconnecting the LAN cable and re-attaching to see if that also clears it up, if so its looking more and more likely its an issue with the wired connection hardware or software stack in both the 42PDL7906T/12 and the HTS, its VERY frustrating on what is otherwise an excellent product.

Tphone
03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I have a similar bugg

I just buy a 42PLF7406H/12 Philips recommand Twonky server (dlna).
So, i bought the licence and install the lastest version on my Imac (lion)
I use only ethernet connexion (NOT WIFI) and a routeur/internet (bbox) between Imac and TV.
All works well 20 minutes, after that the TV disconnect himself the connexion and looking for a connexion.
I already clear all energy management on my imac.
I'm in DHCP protocol, and already test with a fix adress
I already tested differents type and lengh of video.
The bbox was tested and changed with an other simple swith.
It was not the probleme

Can you help me ?

jostw
03-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

i have made the very same observation.
TV is connected to a Vodafone Easybox 803 via powerline ethernet adapters.
Connection to Synology NAS / Mediaserver is working with Coolstream HD receiver using the same connection.
PS3 is connected wireless to the Easybox-streaming working as well.
Philips TV gets connection to the Network / Internet.
Only when losing Philips TV connection to Network gets lost after aproximately 20 min of streaming a clip from the NAS.
I assigned fixed IP.
I am using firmware ver. 000.014.093.000
Any ideas?
Cheers, Jost

amira
03-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Same problem with 47pfl7606H.
TV connected to my PC via wirless connection using router.
NET PC works fine but when brows PC after about 20 minutes the TV stop the DLNA-streaming. and the TV-menu states, that no DLNA-server is available.
Watching the pc screen throught the pc is ok for long time (more then 1-2 hours).
Any idea???????

Philips - Thomas
03-09-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi all,

can you please test a direct connection to PC either via Wifi or Cable with no Router in between.
Please post the outcome in here.

Thanks
Thomas

amira
03-11-2012, 08:32 AM
FYI, The only test I can do for testing the connection issue is:
via cable from the router to TV and cable from PC to router, otherwise I can't test it since I won't have any connection to PC????
I will update once I will do the test.

amira
03-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Did some test with cable, NO Luck.
PC brows not recognize the network to PC. Uninstall windows media 11 and reinstall back, reconfigure folder sharing, did reset to all networks apps and reconfigure wired network, still the same problem.

Bjo
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi all,

since some days DLNA and other movie streaming is working fine with my TV. Currently I have no problem with TV loosing the network. (Setup described in former postings.)
Don't know why.

Do you have same experience with your normal setup?

Bjorn

amira
03-15-2012, 06:41 AM
BJO,
Are you connected wired or wireless?
If wireless , did you do any network setup?

Bjo
03-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi amira,

BJO,
Are you connected wired or wireless?
If wireless , did you do any network setup?

TV connected to my PC via wireless connection using router. (For details have a look at my postings.)
No wireless network setup change since the DLNA-issue occured.

Bjorn

amira
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have a new router NetBOX (because of the DLNA problem we decide to replace the old one).
I did some new test and here are the result as you requested:
I tried to stream (DLNA) from my netbox router via cable directly to TV.
It worked fine for 20 minutes and then it stop, saying "no DLNA server found" the same happen for the wifi connection stops after 20 minutes.
It looks like that there is some hardware problem with the TV (since new router was replace) and my 3 computers at home works fine withe the internet \ wifi without any break down.

Thomas\Philips,
can you advice what should be my next step before I give up and try to replace my TV?

Thanks, Amira

andrej
03-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Try this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3444-Streaming-stops-after-approx-20min

Bug is on the TV network side. Philips will newer correct this. Is big corporate, and we are small.:(

To connect TV and PC directly must use Ethernet crossover cable (http://compnetworking.about.com/od/networkcables/g/bldef_crossover.htm)

amira
03-19-2012, 06:07 AM
Thanks Andrej,
WHat I don't understand is if the TV has the ability for wireless it can't come to do with it, when we bought the TV we didn't want all cables to be at home we wanted to use the wireless option, and another thisng that I already did I increas the internet at home from 2.5 mb to 12 mb.
Second I don't understand how exactly I should connect my pc with TV since I need my PC to be connected to IE and I have only one slout for it on PC (on board for network).
What you mean when yo said "Philips will newer correct this".
I have to say that I'm very unsatiated with the TV for now it is not what I expected to be.
I realy want even to try to return ut and to get regular TV without all this work arround and spending more money on cable and structure. (TV cost enough money!!!!)

AMira

andrej
03-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks Andrej,
WHat I don't understand is if the TV has the ability for wireless it can't come to do with it, when we bought the TV we didn't want all cables to be at home we wanted to use the wireless option, and another thisng that I already did I increas the internet at home from 2.5 mb to 12 mb.
AMira
Yes, Im frustrated also. Buy TV at full price with brand, but not to be a beta tester, changing firmwares and report the issue. I do not update FW anymore. TV sometimes restart, but dont care anymore.

Second I don't understand how exactly I should connect my pc with TV since I need my PC to be connected to IE and I have only one slout for it on PC (on board for network).
What you mean when yo said "Philips will newer correct this".
I have to say that I'm very unsatiated with the TV for now it is not what I expected to be.
AMira
You have two option:
1) Take USB wireless stick for PC, create wireless network and try to connect TV and PC ad hoc, not access point. I did not try this.
2) Use a network switch (5 port Linksys ) (http://dealcetera.com/tigerdirect-canada-linksys-etherfast-5-port-switch-for-1097/) and connect PC , TV and internet router to switch with a network CAT5 cable. This work for me.

I'm very unsatiated with the TV for now it is not what I expected to be.
AMira
Me too, me too. I never buy Philips anymore, due to poor service assistance and price, of course.
At the end,
I buy a HD media player with network option (WiFi and cabled), connected to TV with HDMI cable and disconnect TV from network and internet, anyway YouTube and internet application on TV is crap. With this HD player I can play any audio and video format with excellent and flexible subtitle. With WiFi network connected to WiFi internet router to watch media on PC hard disk.

In the future Im looking for another brand of TV and I think I found it.:)

Bye

Bjo
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi all,

I'm sorry to tell you, that in my setup the DNLA-streaming-crash reoccurs again.
Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, but I've also found 36 minutes time to crash.

Followed andrej's link to a thread from December last year
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3444-Streaming-stops-after-approx-20min
which describes exactly same issue.

I think the information presented not only in this thread should be sufficient for Philips to start preparing a fix.

Thomas, can you please tell us about the status of this issue?

Thanks,
Bjorn

amira
03-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Hello Bjo & Andrej,
Can you tell me which operating system you have on your computers.
I have some update acout main: using my desktop at home which have windows XP pro, the DNLA crash every 10-30 minutes. But on my laptop with windows 7 it's working fine for the last 2 days with the WiFi.

AMira

andrej
03-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Hi,

Can you tell me which operating system you have on your computers.
I have Win XP pro, but this is not an issue. I did not try WiFi connection.

What you mean when you said "Philips will newer correct this".
I bouth TV set at July last year (01.07.2011. to be precize), with this DLNA fault, between other faulties, and shortly warranty expires. Nothing seriously done with FW update, if you read oder topics in the past. Even worse, You Tube application was better then after FW update.:confused: , sometimes lost sound after changing channel, restarting TV set still....
BTW
Bought HD media player ( DLNA and USB) stream through network (cabled) with same hardware configuration and with no problem. Any combination works, WiFi and cabled, subtitles reads thru network (DLNA) and from USB (hard disk), I can change fonts, theirs position and color....
:)

So, why cheap HD media player can do this, but expensive brand TV does not?

AdamSweetman
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I've ended up relocating my NAS next to the TV, its now connected by a 5 port hub to both my TV and the HTS system, the disconnections have stopped.

The drop outs were persistent when connecting via WiFi (to a router which had the NAS directly attached), or via my Powerline AV network.

Its a real shame and something buggy with the Philips systems, my Sony TV could see my NAS fine in the old set up and i never had any trouble. I suspect its either a software stack issue or a common component fault on the TV and HTS, either-way, there is something not right here when the NAS is 1 hop away, either via an actual network route (WiFi), or via a blind bridge (Powerline AV), which should be undetectable to the TV.

I'm using Townky server on a Netgear DUO NAS if it makes any difference, though the TV and HTS also fail to see my PC which was in the same place as the NAS previously.

Oddly, the TV could occasionally see my laptop in the same room as a media server, yet could not see my other 2 devices, though the laptop and other devices were talking quite happily.

Would be great if Philips were to look into this a little more, as its clearly affecting a number of customers.

mies
04-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Same problems over here,

40PFL8606H/12 loses coneection with the router/internet after 5/15minutes.
The last software update didn't changed that.
So when streaming video with mediaconnet/WMPLayer after aprox 10' it stops.
When watching 'missed program '(uitzending gemist in Dutch)by netTV it also stops after 10'
So BIG problems, reading all above and on other topics (new software) Philips have difficulties here.
Please take action on this!!!!!!!!!
Michel

lorisrolis
04-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Here is the summary of my observations:

1. The TV set never updates a list of available DLNA servers with those made available after the TV set was turned on.
In order to fix the problem, the TV set has to be switched off/on.
However if a DLNA server is turned off, it almost instantly disappears from the list of available servers in the TV set.

2. DLNA servers inevitably disappear from the list of available servers after some variable period of time.
They can disappear gradually or all at once.
The fix is the same - switch the TV set off/on.

3. The playback from DLNA server is inevitably interrupted after 20 min of playback.
It has been tested a number of times and I have not found a fix for this.
Alternatively I launch BubbleUPNP player in my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy I), connect to the DLNA server and stream a film to the TV set via wireless router Asus RT-N56U.
It works well for entire duration.

4. It takes variable period of time for any DLNA player (checked on Philips MyRemote (EasyShare), BubbleUPNP, UPNPlay, 2Player) to find the TV set.
As a minimum the discovery takes 5 min and may even last forever.

5. It is impossible to view pictures in normal size. Both Philips MyRemote (EasyShare) and BubbleUPNP show thumbnails only.

amira
04-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Hello Lorisrolis,
Can you please tell me were I find the "TV set"- I have TV 47'' LED and I don't have on the menu anything like TV SET?
" The TV set never updates a list of available DLNA servers with those made available after the TV set was turned on.
In order to fix the problem, the TV set has to be switched off/on.
However if a DLNA server is turned off, it almost instantly disappears from the list of available servers in the TV set."

Amira

amira
04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
I have upgrade my PC to win 7 pro, now I can watch movie from my PC, once the movie end I can't go back to my PC using WiFi all DLNA list disappear.
irritating, irritating, irritating
Amira

Philips - Thomas
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi

For those who have networking Issues, just connect the PC and the TV without any Devices in between (Routers, hubs, Switches), set both to manual IP and check again.
Most of the Times, the Routers has some own UPnP Settings, they can and will interfere with all Devices, causing temp. loss of connections.
Try it without and Device in between and you will see how it can work.

Regards
Thomas

amira
04-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Thomas,
First, thanks finally for Philips reply.
Second:
I have allready upgrade my router and my internet speed to 12 MB and my PC to win 7 (from XP).
Now I can watch all movie without any interrupt (1.5 hour) but once the movie ends and I want to go back to my PC share file list NO network\DLNA, all is disappear and need to setup again the network. I'm using wirleess connection.
I can't connect my PC to the TV without any device in between since I have only one port for network on the PC. (and my PC need to be connected to the internet too.)
Amira

Philips - Thomas
04-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi

in case of Wlan, just create an Adhoc Network.

Thomas

amira
04-16-2012, 11:36 AM
How do I create Adhoc Network if I have only one port on my PC for the lan (and it is now connectted to router with cable), maybe I don't understand what I need to do???
Amira

lorisrolis
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Amira,
please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_set

Thomas,
First of all, I will wire my Philips to the router to see how it works then.
Although your recommendation might be useful, it's like replacing a fiber link with a standard DSL line. You are alluding that the problem lies with a router, but what makes Philips be so sure about that? For example, my Asus RT-56U can also operate as a DLNA server. Have they screwed it all up?

Philips - Thomas
04-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi

You are alluding that the problem lies with a router, but what makes Philips be so sure about that? For example, my Asus RT-56U can also operate as a DLNA server. Have they screwed it all up?

I did not say that the Router is the cause, i did say:

Most of the Times, the Routers has some own UPnP Settings, they can and will interfere with all Devices, causing temp. loss of connections.

We can and will not say that the Router is the cause. However, look to related Threads in this Forum, most of the Threads can be summarized as "without the router in between it works".
That is something you can conclude. Its not a fact.

What I'm saying is: give it a try and see for yourself.

Regards
Thomas

tomas110
04-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi,

Thomas, you can't seriously mean that this is the solution that Philips provide to connect direct to the computer and not via the router? I bought this TV because it has support for dlan and that I otherwise thought it was a good tv.

I've tried two other tvs connected to my home network and they work flawlessly! So it's not router related it's something within the tv software/hardware. Will Philips provide a solution to this problem that everyone seems to have using dlna to stream from their pc?

Can you inform us if there ever will be a fix to this? This so se know if we should leave back the defect product on money back guarantee from where we purchased it.

Toengel
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I think Thomas suggested to test this to exclude the problem on the router side... If the problem persists, it's a TV issue. But when it works (via direct connection) there should be a problem in the combination with your router...

Toengel@Alex

tomas110
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I think Thomas suggested to test this to exclude the problem on the router side... If the problem persists, it's a TV issue. But when it works (via direct connection) there should be a problem in the combination with your router...

Toengel@Alex

Hi,

As stated I've tested two other TVs with my current network configuration and they work so a router issue can be excluded (router is a ZyXEL P-660HW with the latest firmware).

lorisrolis
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I sent my comments/complaints (see them in my earlier post) to the Philips representative on Apr 11. Only response I have received so far is: Your email has been forwarded to our technical backline office and will be answered shortly.

I really do not understand what Philips developers are thinking and doing, but in my opinion this is a bug in TV set's software, it is reoccuring, it is easy to reproduce and it affects a lot of customers (following on from posts in forums arround the world). I am even ready to do some testing should they need it. But Philips continues dragging their feet.

From my 15 years IT backgroud I conclude that Philips software department performs really bad. Look at Net TV. I had Tunein Radio until it disappeared one day. Try YouTube: the usability is below any standards; both mouse and keyboard are inoperational in it. Should I continue?

Toengel
04-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi,

for NetTV App the content provider are responsible... Philips only offers the platform.

Toengel@Alex

lorisrolis
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Toengel, even if it's a platform Philips QA should look at the applications that are place there, shouldn't they?

Toengel
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi,

yeah - and if the are bad/not working, the remove them (e.g. Pro7 and Sat1 apps). If you have a problem and post it, they contact them (as often seen here in the forum). You can also send directly feedback from your SmartTV portal by pressing the blue button when highlighting the app in the portal. And the Leanback problem with the keys is already known and stated also by Philips in the corresponding thread.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
04-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi

well i would understand if you complain about, getting no answer after weeks or Month's, but more or less 1 Day?
Seriously?

However, please check the German Forum.

Regards
Thomas

BetaMax
04-23-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi

well i would understand if you complain about, getting no answer after weeks or Month's, but more or less 1 Day?
Seriously?

However, please check the German Forum.

Regards
Thomas

I'm sorry. The post was not intended to be a complaint that I didn't get an answer in one day. After reading your answer and re-reading my post today I realized that it could be interpreted that way. I also like apologize if my post was to harsh.

I hence deleted my previous post. I will try to keep my posts more constructive in the future.

Although I cannot read your answer in the German forum as it is down for maintenance at the moment: Thank you for your help.

Bjo
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi

For those who have networking Issues, just connect the PC and the TV without any Devices in between (Routers, hubs, Switches), set both to manual IP and check again.
Try it without and Device in between and you will see how it can work.

Regards
Thomas

@Thomas,
your suggestion doesn't handle the issue with media streaming provided by digital channels. (With the four coloured buttons - red, green, yellow, blue - on the remote control we have access to digital channels "web-pages" and media provided.)

Additional note:
I just used my TV's capabilities (red button on remote control) to open the interactive "ARTE LIVE WEB" of the digital "arte" channel.
I choosed a TV-film and started viewing. Like in former cases the streaming of the TV-film is stopped after about 20 minutes. And after that the TV states, that no network is connected.

For access to these "web-pages" and media streams the TV needs access to the internet. And the connection to the internet is usually provided by router ...
This kind of media streaming is breaking in the same way as the DLNA streaming from network devices - suddenly the TV states the network is not accessible. And this happens even if no other device is connected to the router.

@Thomas,
- is Philips about to get this streaming issue investigated?
- is Philips about to get this streaming issue fixed?

Thanks,
Bjorn

lorisrolis
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
After reminding Philips Consumer Care about unanswered problem, which I also posted in this thread on April 11, I received the following answer:

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Philips Consumer Care <philips_4497323@philips-customercare.com>
To: lorisrolis@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:39 PM
Subject: SR #: 50-1023985838

Hello!

We tested all this in our system and didnít get such a problem
We are using Linksys router and everything is OK.
You can configure your router or contact Asus for providing slow DLNA network. The best is if all the devices in the network would use speed N.

Kind regards,
Philips Customer Care
--------

Can someone explain me what is slow DLNA?

What else I can say - Philips continues politics of ignorance!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

BetaMax
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Dear all,

I resolved my problem with the 20-Min-Drop of DLNA straming connections (still testing, but worked several times already).

My previous setup was: DLNA-Server --- Router ((( ))) TV (--- = cable connection, ((( ))) = WiFi; my TV 40PFL5507K has built-in WLAN).

The router I used the TV with until now is provided by my DSL-Provider and cannot be easily replaced as it does some SIP conversion stuff. Calls do not work reliably with potential alternative routers able to handle Phone call -> SIP. Configuration options are very limited and it is only possible to set the most basic communication parameters. The good thing it is that you can run it in a modem-only mode.

Also due to a unsatisfying of signal power of the router, I today bought a new WiFi Router (TP-Link WR1043ND, for those you interested), put the old router in modem-only mode and set up my network up to use the new router.

The result is this:
DLNA-Server --- 1043ND ((( ))) TV
and
1043ND (WAN-Port) --- Router (old, modem-only mode)

Streaming now runs without the drop at 20 min. I'm happy so far :)

So the problem (at least with the internal streaming) indeed seems to result from a problem in the router <--> TV path. I'm not sure who is to blame, in my case probably the old router. Maybe there is some strange UPNP setting that you cannot change or something like that.

Maybe this is of help for some of you.

AdamSweetman
04-30-2012, 12:28 PM
This issue needs additional investigation, the same problem also affects your HTS.

To suggest that routers cause this is plausible, but does not detract from the fact that your TVs and HTS are significantly more sensitive to this 'issue' than any other product I have ever tried.

I have my TV, HTS and NAS/DLNA server on the same switch and still see occasional issues (looking for server etc), it is much less than when my NAS was in a different room, but the problem is still there occasionally. Watching a film rarely goes without at least 1 disconnect during playback.

TV is 42PDL7906, HTS is the white sound hub model which accompanies it.

The interconnecting switch has no active traffic management, so this is not the cause.

Please get someone looking at your software stack for DNLA networking and increase the resilience, longer time outs, more buffering, anything, this is a really really annoying issue and detracts from your brand.

JPANK
05-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I have purchased a 2011 46pfl9706 TV set which costs more than 2,000 Euro. This set is claimed to flawlessly connect to DLNA servers!

I really don’t understand the attitude and approach of the so called Philips support persons which are replying in this forum in several regard:
1. Is Philips accountable to the products it is selling
2. Does Philips test right features and functionalities that are enrolled to the market in their products
3. Does Philips customer support feedback product issues to Philips R&D team (SW&HW) to be fixed
4. Why does Philips roll its own issues/problems to someone else court instead of providing the right product in first place or to fix it if necessary
5. How do I get to directly talk with Philips customer support head to hear back the proper answers?

I own 2 other TV sets which are connected to the same network, both are working properly on the same network playing well the streamed data with no disconnections. Why should I expect less from Philips TV that cost more and supposed to provide the same functionality? Why should I overcome Philips issues with spending my own time, my own testing, my own money to purchase additional device to make Philips TV to work as defined?

I’m expecting to get from Philips a serious and professional feedback that would allow me to use my TV as it is defined in the TV product description!

Thanks,
Jacob

linas
05-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Hello,
i just recently bought 32PFL5007K and facing same problem with DLNA streaming. TV lost server after 20 mins. Other devices which is using same DLNA server works fine. I'm connecting TV via WIFI. All newest possible TV firmware is installed. Please help me to sort out that issue.

Thanks,
Linas

combavski
05-05-2012, 01:46 AM
I own 2 other TV sets which are connected to the same network, both are working properly on the same network playing well the streamed data with no disconnections. Why should I expect less from Philips TV that cost more and supposed to provide the same functionality? Why should I overcome Philips issues with spending my own time, my own testing, my own money to purchase additional device to make Philips TV to work as defined?

Iím expecting to get from Philips a serious and professional feedback that would allow me to use my TV as it is defined in the TV product description!

Thanks,
Jacob

I completely agree with you Jacob!
:mad:I bought the 32PFL4007T/12 about 10 days ago and had to order the WiFi usb adapter PTA01/00 which arrived three days ago and already had to call support re the fact that the TV "falls offline" after between 5 and 30 minutes of watching videos from the existing YouTube app (I haven't even tried to stream anything from my laptop yet..!). I was told the software in the TV wasn't up to date! A week after purchase? WTF? The girl at the support said she'd send me a usb with the necessary update, which was kind of nice. In a following e-mail she suggested for me to connect the TV directly to my router by ethernet cable (in case updating the software didn't solve the problem, which it hasn't because I found the update and did it myself). It's possibly to rule out the router or network as a cause but since my laptop and smartphone never falls offline I KNOW there's nothing wrong with my network or router. The problem is with the TV or the WiFi adapter Philips is taking me for an idiot: I already spent A LOT (for me)of money buying their products, I spent a lot of time and it's caused me LOTS of frustration, I'm not prepared to spend ANYTHING more on what has already been a thoroughly joyless, frustrating TVpurchase. I wonder why the customers should be prepared to jump through hoops when Philips isn't even prepared to give their customers what they paid for? Unortunately this isn't the only problem I've had...

tomas110
05-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Philips - Thomas:

Have your technical department within Philips given any statement about this issue and is work ongoing to resolve it? Have they yet identified if it's a hardware or software related issue? When can we expect a corrected software if it's a software issue?

JPANK
05-11-2012, 09:39 AM
I wonder how many times and how many people should ask for a reply and resolution on this subject, to get Philips to reply?

Was the issue conveyed to Philips R&D?
What is the analysis of the problem?
When can we expect a software fix of this issue from Philips?

Thanks,
Jacob

Joop
05-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I faced these problems as well after upgrading my NAS (iomega) with dlna server (twonky) and installing a new modem/wifi router that I received from my provider. Using my old modem again solved most of the problems. Incidental issues are strangely enough solved sometimes by changing the lanport used on my router for the NAS (from port 1 to port 2).

The issue mentioned in the forum below might have anything to do with it as well, some kind of loopback issue:

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/archive/index.php/thread-15949.html
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/archive/index.php/thread-5784-2.html

The NAS connection with my N900 is less stable as well as it's loosing connection after about 30 minutes too. Reconnection was only possible after a reboot of the N900. However, recently I found out that after using "Fing" network analyser (on my tab) the connection between the N900 and the NAS was re established as well without a reboot. So it lookes like the Fing tool forces the dlna server to signal its presence and enabling reconnection.

In short, I am pretty sure it must have something to do with multicast broadcasting and ssdp settings, but I'm everything but an expert on that subject.

Quintus
09-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Model: 32PFL7606T/12. Firmware version: 014.095.000.

Using several DLNA servers (minidlna, upnp), I had found the following issue:
streaming a movie is ok at first, but about 5/15 min the TV lost DLNA server, Net TV still work fine. Other TV (Sony KDL-37W5500) streaming the movie fine all time.
I try both wired and wireless connections, no different.

Someone an idea what is causing this trouble, or having similar issues (and solutions, hopefully)???

I had the same problem with a 32PFL5007H. With minidlna (as weel as with mediatomb) the connection was lost after 30 minutes.
I found that the problem can be resolved by changing the parameter "notify_interval" in the minidlna config file.
It appeared that the tv loses contact with the dlna server after twice the number of seconds set for notify_interval (I tested several values).
After setting "notify_interval=90000" the problem did never re-occur.
From the documentation it is unclear what this perameter ment for. In any case it has nothing to do with the "inotify" parameter (automatically update for new or deleted files).

yut
09-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I had the same problem with a 32PFL5007H. With minidlna (as weel as with mediatomb) the connection was lost after 30 minutes.
I found that the problem can be resolved by changing the parameter "notify_interval" in the minidlna config file.
It appeared that the tv loses contact with the dlna server after twice the number of seconds set for notify_interval (I tested several values).
After setting "notify_interval=90000" the problem did never re-occur.
From the documentation it is unclear what this perameter ment for. In any case it has nothing to do with the "inotify" parameter (automatically update for new or deleted files).
Thanks! It's really works!
I tried to overcome this problem for minidlna, xupnpd, mediatomb. Now minidlna works as it should. But it does not play mkv. I hope this may be made.
In the source code minidlna.c there is a comment notify_interval /* seconds between SSDP announces */. I will try to solve this problem for xupnpd and mediatomb.

Toengel
09-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi,

nice finding. For interessted people (SSDP): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Service_Discovery_Protocol

Toengel@Alex

yut
09-30-2012, 05:30 PM
For wishing there is the following solution of problem, when DLNA client TV or other devices loses DLNA server after 30 minutes. Usually it is associated with the server on the router, but not only. The problem arises in the fact that the TV doesn't receive or process SSDP announcements from router. It receives information when connecting to the server only. Usually DLNA server sends the value max-age=1800, which gives lifetime SSDP announcement 30 minutes (1800 seconds). You can increase the lifetime of the SSDP announcement.
For some DLNA servers you can do following.

1. For xupnpd (http://xupnpd.org) should be edited file xupnpd_ssdp.lua. Replace in 2 places max-age=1800 to max-age=180000.

2. For minidlna (http://minidlna.sourceforge.net) should be set notify_interval=90000 (as shown above). There's in a file minissdp.c value max-age is defined as (runtime_vars.notify_interval<<1)+10.

3. For mediatomb (http://mediatomb.cc) in config.xml in the section <server> should be written <alive>180000</alive>. By default, in file upnpapi.h is written #define DEFAULT_MAXAGE 1800.

Then connection time is 50 hours from the start of the server. If you want, you may try greater value. Good luck!

renze
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I experience simular problems, but I am not smart enough to figure out your solution. I installed myremote on my iphone, which also has something called SimplyShare in it. With this I can stream music to my TV.
I can find my Iphone on my tv and open the maps on my Iphone to stream music to my TV. This works fine for about 5-20 minutes and then the connection drops (i phone is not longer found). I have to switch the TV off/on and it works again for 5-20 minutes.
In my case, my TV (7676) is connected to a router with a cable. The connection with my Iphone is to the router using WIFI.
Where do I have to change this time interfall. I can find nothing in my router configuration that resemblems this. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Jonair
12-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Before You put in the same effort I did, read this
I have same problem on both my Philips TV sets a 40PFL9606 and a 32PFL7605. Both are connected via DLink DIR-855 router to a Synology DS1511+ NAS. When streaming movies the playback stops after appr. 30 minutes due to disconnection of the TV sets to the server

No loss of connection on any other device.
It is just the TV sets that loose connection. I stream music and movies to many other devices (Android Tablet, Windows Smartphone, Windows PC) without any problem.

Try Media Renderer
Go to Configuration / Network Settings / Media Renderer and turn is on. I don’t know why but it sometimes Works. Still don’t understand why I need to turn it on while it is turned on. It seems likes the TV loses the setting.

Philips Support not SMART
I spend many hours to figure out the problem. I was very well supported by DLink and especialy by Synology who supported me even up to R&D level.

Unlike Philips support who did not try at all to understand the problem and put any effort at all in solving this problem. I find that as long as you want to watch TV, they can help you out. They are not smart enough to support their SMART TV's. They even got rude and hooked up the Phone.

It is NOT your router..
That causes the problem. Philips support wants to let you believe that your router causes the disconnection and refer to the manufacturer of the router.

I am lucky to work for a IT distributor and was able to try out several routers from different manufacturers without the need to buy one. This doesn’t make any difference. Wired or wireless doesn’t make a difference either.

I asked Philips support to provide me specifications a router should meet. They can’t. They also can not provide settings of the router nor a supported router list.

I still wonder how they can conclude that the router causes the problem. Looking a the posts on several forums, people work with all kind of routers and storage devices.

Visit forums
I have visited many forums. You will not find any topic on this problem from TV’owners of Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba. Visit for example the Synology forum and you will only find posts from owners of Philips and LG TV’s. No wonder since Philips TV’s are manufactured by LG.

My workaround
I found that the problem occurs when using the TV’s GUI. I now use the MyNet app on my on Android tablet to select and play movies and project to my TV. So far this works perfectly. The Philips MyRemote app should work the same way but it doesn’t.

The Philips TV sucks
All support departments I had contacted came to the same conclusion: The Philips TV causes the disconnection.

This is why I am for sure that it is the Philips TV
One of my collegues has the exactly same configuration as I do. He also uses a Dlink DIR-855 router, the same Synology DS1511+, a Philips SMART TV and...... a Samsung TV. Gues what…… he has the same problem with his Philips TV. His Samsung TV however works perfectly.

Don't update the firmware, It will get worse
I am pretty shure that at the start also video streaming worked well. The problems occured after installing a firmware update.
Unfortunenately is not possible to downgrade and try.

Streaming Music worked fine until today. After installing the latest firmware version to my 40PFL9606 I can no longer play my Music files either. What a SMART TV.

DLNA certified ????
I do not understand how Philips managed to get their TV sets DLNA certified. They simply don't work with other DLNA certified products. My NAS is DLNA certified and so where most of the routers I tested.

Go get your money back
The TV does not do what it should do. In legal terms is it “Non conform”. You can return your TV to the store and demand your money back on grounds of this non conformity.

If in future you want a TV set that works without putting in a lot of effort and get decent support. ...........

DON’T BUY A PHILIPS TV.

japao
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
For wishing there is the following solution of problem, when DLNA client TV or other devices loses DLNA server after 30 minutes. Usually it is associated with the server on the router, but not only. The problem arises in the fact that the TV doesn't receive or process SSDP announcements from router. It receives information when connecting to the server only. Usually DLNA server sends the value max-age=1800, which gives lifetime SSDP announcement 30 minutes (1800 seconds). You can increase the lifetime of the SSDP announcement.

1. For xupnpd (http://xupnpd.org) should be edited file xupnpd_ssdp.lua. Replace in 2 places max-age=1800 to max-age=180000.

2. For minidlna (http://minidlna.sourceforge.net) should be set notify_interval=90000 (as shown above). There's in a file minissdp.c value max-age is defined as (runtime_vars.notify_interval<<1)+10.

3. For mediatomb (http://mediatomb.cc) in config.xml in the section <server> should be written <alive>180000</alive>. By default, in file upnpapi.h is written #define DEFAULT_MAXAGE 1800.

Then connection time is 50 hours from the start of the server. If you want, you may try greater value. Good luck!

This is solution in side server.

Bill Jonair
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
With all respect to your attempt to help me out on this. Do you think that an average TV owner understands a word of what you are writing?

We are talking about a simple TV set here that is supposed to be DLNA certified and should be plug and play just like all the other devices I have connected to my router and NAS. Every user should be able to use the TV without beeing an IT engineer.

I am an above average user but certainly no IT engineer but I don't understand a word of what you are writing. I use the media servers that come with the DLNA certified NAS which is the default media server or PLEX. I have no idea how to install any other media server which is not packaged by/for Synology.

If someone would develop the PLEX app for Philips TV my problem is solved. Samsung has just released it for their TV.

CJS
01-08-2013, 08:37 PM
My 32PFL7605H with Q5551_0.140.47.0 firmware started loosing the connection with my DLNA server after changing from an ADSL modem/router to a Cable modem/router. With the ADSL modem/router I did not have this problem, but with the Cable modem/router (Cisco EPC3925 from UPC) the TV consistently lost connection with the DLNA server running on a Windows 7 PC after something between 30 and 60 minutes.

In my case the disconnect problem was gone after increasing the "DHCP client lease time" setting on the router from 60 minutes (default value on the Cisco router) to 1440 minutes (24 hours). Using a static IP adress instead of DHCP may also work, I did not try this.

To me it seems that the root cause of the disconnect problem is in the TV. Probably the TV does not renew it's IP address lease often enough when streaming audio from a DLNA media server. Philips / TP Vision should be able to repair this by means of a firmware update.

Sofar increasing the DHCP lease time to 24 hours seems to be a reliable work-around. I will come back to this forum if the problem re-occurs.

EDIT: Unfortunately work-around is not reliable.... With lease time set to 24 hours, connection with DLNA media server is lost after about 24 hours. So lease time setting certainly has an effect on the disconnect time. Will now try static IP adresses.

Bill Jonair
01-08-2013, 08:47 PM
The leasetime of my router is also set to 1440 but the connection still gets lost.

CJS
01-08-2013, 11:10 PM
The leasetime of my router is also set to 1440 but the connection still gets lost.
Too bad, with DHCP lease time set to 24 hours, the TV looses connection with the DLNA server after circa ... 24 hours. I will now try static ip adresses.

Htep
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM

I think it could be a very good lead...

dkpj
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I have the same problem with my 46PFL5527T/12. Sometimes the TV looses connection at about 30 min. But I have been able to watch a whole movie sometimes(1,5h - 2h).

My network topology is: Media server ())))) Router ())))) TV.

Router = Some Dlink shit.
TV = 46PFL5527T/12
Media server = Twonky running on w7
())))) = wireless.

I have been monitoring the traffic between the server and TV. My observations so far is that the TV is answering the server bad request and then announces that it want to shutdown the connection. When this happens, the TV looses connection after approx 30 min.

Networking is not my main area, but maybe someone at Philips want to see the Wireshark logs?

Btw: I cant find my TV: 46PFL5527T/12 on www.dlna.org.

bakanevas@gmail.com
01-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I have the same problems with Philips TV. I can't say I solved the problem, but it did get better.
What I've done:
I pluged my TV to the router (ASUS RT-G32) with simple ethernet cable, applied LAN to "n only", switched off routers' brandmauser, applied ip address to TV over DHCP.
And finally my Tab 10.1 on Android 4.0 have found Philips TV as renderer on Bubble upnp DLNA server (i also put max action timeout and render polling interval in settings of "UPnP tweaks").

As a result I played a film for more than an hour without drop out - that's a record! Then it dropped, but I'm not sure may be I stopped it myself by incidence;-)

I'm going to test it! Anyway Philips can't forward or rwind - which is also a shame.

Niels
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
bakanevas,

Keep us updated on the results. I am planning to switch from wireless to cable also this week, since the DLNA drop outs drive me crazy.

Regards
Niels

dkpj
02-23-2013, 08:37 AM
I have contacted the DLNA organization about the TV (46PFL5527T/12). The "funny" thing is that this TVst and maybe many others is not DLNA certified... So this reasoning about the router not working is just pure BS. GG Philips I wont buy anything of your brand anymore.

PS: I hope Philips will respond to this in some way.

******Email*****
Hi Patrik,

Sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for informing us of this product. Philips has been contacted, the device is not certified and Philips is correcting the issue.

Best Regards,
DLNA Certification Administration

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:56 PM
To: admin@dlna.org
Subject: Consumer Contact Us Message

CONSUMER Form Information:
Name: Patrik *******
Email Address: *******
Topic: DLNA Certification Process
URL of Page:
Comments: Hi,

I have just bought a Philips smart tv. Philips claims that the tv is DLNA certified but I can't find the device in "DLNA Certified Product Search" The product name of the tv is: 46PFL5527T/12. Can you verify if the tv actually is certified or not?

Thanks in advance

/Patrik

Date: 1/8/2013 9:56:19 PM