PDA

View Full Version : Connection between BDP5200 en 37PFL7606/H

Rapt
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Last week i have recieved my Philips bdp5200 bluray player. Connect it with hdmi hi speed cable.
The Tv recognized the player on HDMI 3 and i was able to enter the settingsmenu for a short while.
After that i've got a message "no video signal". So i've tried to play a bluray disc but that didn't work either.
So maybe the firmware was incorrect. At first there was the 1.32 firmware installed on the player. With this there was connection with player but i could get into the settingsmenu.
So ive run the 1.35 update and now there seems to be no connection at all. Only notifaction that the player is connected in the home menu of the tv, also Philips 37pfl7660/12.

Ive got the same problem with the bdp5180 at first. Eventually and somehow i got it working so far that i could play 3D disc. But then the next problem occure, while playing there was just glimp of the movie. I have sent the player back and it was broken.

Now this, common Philips Lets make things better and help me out?

Oscar
03-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Is your Tv also up to date?

Did you try with a different cable already? On a different HDMI entry? Different TV?

Rapt
03-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Is your Tv also up to date?

Did you try with a different cable already? On a different HDMI entry? Different TV?

Yes i did both, Same problem occure. I've tried it on my Samsung lcd tv and with new cable.
What kind of hdmi cable other then hispeed would you suggest?

MMAUX
03-08-2012, 05:10 AM
a basic hdmi cable should be good enough, I guess.

just a thought, have you checked with (or without) EasyLink feature ?

Rapt
03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
a basic hdmi cable should be good enough, I guess.

just a thought, have you checked with (or without) EasyLink feature ?

Also tried it both ways. Didn't work either.

MMAUX
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
you seems to have covered all basic tests, it is possibly a malfunction on your hdmi exit?
I'd say : send your player to repair.

Rapt
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Well it seem to look like problem with cause different resolutions. Ive returned the 5200 bluerayplayer and bought the BDP7600 form Philips and again problems. For so far ive everything working except 3D playing. Ive have run out of options. Tried to set the resolutions to 1080p on the player and tv.
Why doesn't it play by plug and play when all the automatics are on? They are even form the Same manufacture. SENSE and SIMPLICITY, yeah right :-(:mad: