PDA

View Full Version : WifiMediaConnect missing from TV

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
We purchased a 40PFL4706 today. I love the idea of MediaConnect. I have installed the app, running version 1.6.425. Reading the help it states that I must click MediaConnect on the TV. I have check within the Net TV icons and there is no MediaConnect. There is no icon anywhere that I can find. If I could get some help doing this, I would really appreciate it. I have read the manual, online and paper. Watched YouTube videos of other Philips Tvs and how they connect. I lack the option on the tv, or so it seems.

Thanks
Jimmie

MtnHiker
02-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Jimmie,
I purchased the same TV today. I am trying to get the MediaConnect software, but I cannot connect to the web page. Is there some secret or is the site down. Hope you get your issue solved. I'm still trying to get to where you are.
Carl

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm not one to let things get in my way, try here (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4609-Temporary-WifiMediaConnect-Download)

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Do you have the MediaConnect option on your tv? you can turn it on, on the TV?

MtnHiker
02-16-2012, 02:23 AM
Just downloaded software, installed and everything ran fine. The software installed a small tv in the tray. Right clicked on icon and picked "Start projecting". All worked fine. Let me know. Pretty cool feature.

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 02:25 AM
Thats all you had to do? Mine doesn't even say Start Projecting it says Stop Projecting and its grayed out. You didn't have to select anything on the TV? All handled from the pc?

MtnHiker
02-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Mine was all handled from the pc. Are you wired or wireless? Shouldn't matter, but did your original setup go through connecting with your network?

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Wireless. Not at first on the TV. I had to drop out and then do a manual network setup. I am using WPS2 and it didn't auto recognize that. Once I set that up could watch Netflix and all.

MtnHiker
02-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Maybe go back and try the wireless set up again with WPS. Mine took a couple of tries to finally connect automatically. Now all seems to be working. I am watching Netflix now as a test. I haven't set up Pandora, etc., will try that later. I am signing off for now. I will check back tomorrow and see how things have gone. Good luck.
Once again, thanks for the help.
Carl

jimmieclark3
02-16-2012, 03:47 AM
I have wireless working. Watching Netflix now. I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in. Still no go. I still don't get the menu for MediaConnect. I appreciate all your help. Glad you got yours going.

MtnHiker
02-17-2012, 02:17 AM
How did things go today? Hope all is well.

jimmieclark3
02-17-2012, 03:09 AM
No go. I even downloaded iMediashare for droid and tried it. I can see the Philips TV in the listing, but it wont' send to the TV. It just sits there, and TV doesnt' do anything.

MtnHiker
02-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Anything working yet?

Please keep the Topic, other Questions can be raised (as already done (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4724-How-to-connect-headphones-to-40PFL4706-F7)) in other Threads!