PDA

View Full Version : Partner Portal now available!

Philips - Mark
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
For all companies, developers, to all those who want to see their content appear on screen to the millions of TV users, this is the start!

Philips has just launched the Partner Portal which has all the necessary information such as technical specifications, requirements, Software Developer Kit etc to build any application of your choice.

Please login to www.yourappontv.com, the website which enables any user to learn , develop and submit an App for approval on TV.

Let the App Development begin !!!!

smart
02-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Great!

I will have a look.

Nettle
02-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Very interesting initiative.

Congratulations!

Regards

Constantinos19
02-18-2012, 03:03 PM
can we suggest applications there if we are not the owners?

Nettle
02-18-2012, 03:09 PM

I think so.

Moreover you can develop them by yourself if you want accondingly with Philips.

Regards

smart
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM

As Mark stated, the portal is for ".. to all those who want to see their content appear on screen ...".

The portal is for those who want to develop their own applications and want to become a partner of Philips NetTV portal to contribute to that platform.
So this portal is not for suggestions of apps, which you do not own. I think, there is a thread in the forum to suggest that app. Philips is monitoring this thread. I also did not see a section in the partner portal to suggest apps you are not owning.

gmo
05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Great!
I will take a look, thank's.

Cheers.
Gmo.-
[Model: 37PFL6606H/12 | software: Q5551-0.14.93.0]

8o8
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Have some of you actually tried to develop an app?

smart
01-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Have some of you actually tried to develop an app?

Hi,

I did play around with that a little, regarding two things:

Streaming youtube content in HD for TVs supporting only the old app.
Regarding notifications

For the youtube HD streaming, all workarounds (not using the official API) required tunneling through an external server. Which creates a large amount of traffic, if going production. In general, a concept did work and the MP4 coded HD streams did play on a 7000series TV of 2010.

For the notification service, like washing machine finished, have a look at the food in the baking oven, the framework is missing the capability to wake up an app to show notifications to the user.

In general, I feel, the TV (2010) is a little slow for more advanced apps, like a more advanced media player.

Also thought about bringing more interaction with devices at to the TV, but experienced difficulties with the cross-site-scripting security mechanism. Means: Loading an app from one domain in the internet, does forbid to access to different domains. Let's say loading the from www.my-test-app.com, with usage of Javascript access to different domains is forbidden -> a tunnel through www.my-test-app.com is needed -> access to local network is difficult...

Greets

smart

MacGoose
01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
How is it possible that anyone can create apps, but there are so few and the quality so low?