PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access TV from PC

jbe
02-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Hi,

I have the 42PFL7606K02 uptdated to latest SW version. (42pfl7606k_02_fus_deu.zip). I can see the TV symbol. Whenever in the Network, however that is all. When I click on the item, the adress line "http://192.168.1.39:49153/www.philips.com" is displayed and the page shows: "404 Not Found". Do I have to assign a fixed IP to the TV (then how?) and open a port on the modem?

Thanks

Nettle
02-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Dear Jbe,

are you using the Philips wireless dongle key on the TV or have you connected the TV to the router using a LAN cable?

Regards

jbe
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Nettle,

it is connected via LAN...

Thanks

Nettle
02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Strange,

my Tv is connected via LAN too and it's detected without problems from the wireless connected PC.

a) just to be sure, have you installed the program WiFi Media Connect? Isn't it?

b) I'm not connecting my pc to the TV since several weeks but, If I remember well, in the Home Menu you should see the icon "Search in the PC".

A menu will appear with the list of the connected PC in range. You should be able to see your PC and interact with him without problems.

Regards

Lassy
02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Strange,

my Tv is connected via LAN too and it's detected without problems from the wireless connected PC.

a) just to be sure, have you installed the program WiFi Media Connect? Isn't it?

b) I'm not connecting my pc to the TV since several weeks but, If I remember well, in the Home Menu you should see the icon "Search in the PC".

A menu will appear with the list of the connected PC in range. You should be able to see your PC and interact with him without problems.

Regards

He is talking about reaching the TV from the PC. Not the other way around.

I've never been able to get on the TV's website either, but I think that has to do with being it a 2010 model.

WiFi Media Connect will only work when you're using the wifi dongle, right?

jbe
02-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Lassy is right; I am talking to access the TV via LAN.

btw: I can reach the PC from the TV using Win Media Player meanwhile; I had to do several realease steps on the Win 7 version....