PDA

View Full Version : pc hdmi connection issue

laziffer
02-18-2012, 01:27 PM
hi,
I have got a annoying issue with the connection of my notebook and my TV.

My Notebook is always connected to the TV by HDMI.

Problem: Always if I turn on the TV while the notebook is running, the TV is automatically used as single windows desktop and my notebook display turns off.
Does anybody know how to configure windows or TV to stop this?

This is my Hardware/Software:

TV: 46PFL6606K/02 (Software Version: 000.014.095.000)

Notebook: Dell XPS 17 L702x
Video card: Nvidia gt555m (Driver version: 285.62)
Windows 7 64bit

Thank you for helping
Greetings

Nettle
02-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Hello,

I''d suggest 2 things:

a) if not performed, try to update the fw of your TV

b) the issue could be related to the PC settings: try to visit the Control Panel section of your PC and verify if the external video settings are as you want (Clone, Dual Display, etc...).

Regards

laziffer
02-18-2012, 03:19 PM
hi,
thank you for your fast reply.

respectiv your suggestions:

a) I tried the update function while tv was connected to the internet. it told me, that the firmware is current version

b) in the control panel i set the option "Show Desktop only on Computer". but if I turn on the TV (while it's connected by hdmi to the computer) the option is changing automatically to "Show Desktop only on projector"
Of curse I can rechange the option everytime it happens, but thats annoying. I'm wondering whether there is somewhere an option to turn off automatical changing

Greetings

Nettle
02-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello,

a) try to downlaod the update fw file from internet and save it in a usb key (if not already installed in your TV).
Install it with the usb key.

The online update is no more available since several fw versions.

b) this is strange: I don't know how to avoid this.

Regards

laziffer
02-20-2012, 04:53 PM
hi,
thnaks again for the fast info. I updated the Firmware manually with an usb-stick. It's now the actual version (V 000.014.095.000. released: 2012-02-01).

But the problem is still there. Nobody got the same problem and solved it anyhow?

Greetings

Philips - Thomas
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi

This is not to be changed on or by the TV, your PC gets Signals that a new Monitor is connected and thats why you have this behavior.
This is a Question for the Graphics Card Vendor.

Regards
Thomas

laziffer
02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
hi,
ok. i wasn't sure on which side the problem is. thank you for helping out.

regards

jacksena
02-25-2012, 12:27 PM
You can take Microsoft Help (http://www.igennie.net/microsoft-help.html) for solving this issue which provide you best window support and give the actual solution for PC connecting.