PDA

View Full Version : Sorting Apps at SmartTV is Scrap.

bta
02-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi,

for me the UI to arrange Apps at SmartTV home is very bad. What I see at the screen is two lines of Icons, but when I try to rearrange them I realized, that the behave like 6 columns of Icons. The effect of this is, that the result when a App is moved (green button function) the result is very hard to predict.
So this one of the things that must be improved at the SmartTV home.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Nettle
02-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Dear bta,

I've tried to shift an icon and I've not found any trouble. The icon shifted is placed, the previous icon is shifted below as a column (from left to right).

Intuitive and not hard to predict in my opinion.

Regards

bta
02-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi Nettle,

please try to arrange 6 video Apps in the upper line and and 6 radio Apps on the same screen in the lower one and again report if this is easy and intuitive to do for you.

As an alternative: At a page with at least 10 Apps. Switch the App at line 1 pos 2 with the App at line one pos 5 - is the behavior from your point of view intuitive?

Thx for your replay and cooperation.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Nettle
02-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Dear Bta,

you can do it shifting all the desired TV icon in the first 6 icons (3 above and 3 below) on the left.

You can then put your 6 favorites Radio App only in the line below and all the TV icons will be above :-)

Will be easier to manage the icons as made in our TV for ordering the TV channels (Shift, Replace, Insert, Cancel).

Regards

bta
02-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi Nettle

you can do it shifting all the desired TV icon in the first 6 icons (3 above and 3 below) on the left.

You can then put your 6 favorites Radio App only in the line below and all the TV icons will be above :-)

and you will call this easy and intuitive? :)

After this is done, try to swap two of the video apps as described in my former post (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4651-Sorting-Apps-at-SmartTV-is-Scrap.&p=26529&viewfull=1#post26529)as "alternative". And I still want the video apps in the first and the radio apps in the second line. :confused:

Will be easier to manage the icons as made in our TV for ordering the TV channels (Shift, Replace, Insert, Cancel).

Regards

I think so too!

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Nettle
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi Nettle

and you will call this easy and intuitive? :)

I'm optimistic! ;)

MfG. Regards