PDA

View Full Version : Missing picture settings (PC mode issue?) on 32PFL4606G

dsvilko
02-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi!
I am trying to figure out why I can't access the same picture settings when the PC input is selected as opposed to a STB input. Both are connected through HDMI.
When STB input is active I can access a lot more picture related settings (for example sharpness, noise-reduction, light-sensor related, power-saving related, Smart Picture styles, all of which are either not available or have no effect in the PC mode).
If it's something to do with the PC mode (which I think I have enabled for my computer input), I see no way of disabling it. I even tried a factory reset from the menu but it didn't help.
I often use my TV as a PC monitor and, for example, would like to be able to dim the display at the evening, or change the Smart Picture sytle while watching a movie.
Can anyone explain to me why is the availability of menu settings input-dependant and is there any why around it?
Thanks!

dsvilko
02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Solved it. I have been using a non-native resolution and it seems that in that case the TV is stuck in the PC-mode with no way of disabling it. When the TV receives a native resolution the option to turn-off the PC-mode becomes available. Only with the PC-mode turned off do you get access to all the picture settings. Unfortunately, while the PC-mode is well calibrated, I can't seem to be able to reproduce the same calibration with the custom TV-mode. That means that I can't easily switch from the calibrated mode (for photo editing/viewing) to some other Smart Picture style for watching movies.