PDA

View Full Version : easylink won't work

ralfalders
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello,
I have the 42pfl7675 from 2010 and just bought the hts3531 home cinema,
Watching dvd's works fine by selecting my hdmi channel but I cannot use it with one remote (easylink) but what irritates me most is that tv-sound won't go over my home cinema. He says he is connect for the receiver, after a few seconds: fail! tv speakers active. Every option in the settings of both tv and home cinema are: Easylink on. Still both machines are not talking with each other. What am I doing wrong?

Ralf

new_customer
02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
In your TV easylink menu, what option is chosen under "Tv Speakers"..? It should say EasyLink-autostart or something like that...

ralfalders
02-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I had this option already chosen but it won't work unfortunately :(

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Hello,
I have the 42pfl7675 from 2010 and just bought the hts3531 home cinema,
Watching dvd's works fine by selecting my hdmi channel but I cannot use it with one remote (easylink) but what irritates me most is that tv-sound won't go over my home cinema. He says he is connect for the receiver, after a few seconds: fail! tv speakers active. Every option in the settings of both tv and home cinema are: Easylink on. Still both machines are not talking with each other. What am I doing wrong?

Ralf

Could you please check if you´re really connected to HDMI 1 (ARC)?

ralfalders
02-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes it is connected to hdmi1 otherwise I shouldn't have been able to see dvd's when I manually select the hdmi1 source

DerShortyy
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
There´s a work around for that issue in the forum but i can´t find it because there so many problems with HDMI.
When i remember right thats what you should try.

Turn EASYLINK on both devices off.
Then hard switch off both devices.
Then disconnect the power cable of both devices for 2-3 min.
reconnect everything.
Start the HTS first than start the TV, they should find each other on there own...
if not turn on all EASYLINK Options in both devices...
maybe it helps! good luck

ralfalders
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
I will try tonight. Thanks so far!

ralfalders
02-22-2012, 08:00 PM
too bad..
it didn't work.
Also tried this:

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
- deactivate ARC
- standby devices
- pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
- restart both devices
- activate both Easylink and ARC
- restart devices

also didn't work

bfroehler
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Same problem here with my 37PFL7676K/02, connected via HDM1 with a Samsung HT-BD1250. The TV will switch on the Home Cinema system, but somehow can't properly link to it - it also shows the "Error! TV-Speakers are activated" message. The thing is, since I have also connected the two machines via SPDIF cable, it will still play the sound over the sound system... I will try the various proposed fixes here in the evening, and will hopefully get back with new results tomorrow.

Nettle
03-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello,

please take a look into this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1030-PFL8605-and-HTS-7140-undefined&highlight=hts7140

maybe you cna find the way to map the available audio inputs.

I hope it helps.

Regards

bfroehler
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Hello,

please take a look into this:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1030-PFL8605-and-HTS-7140-undefined&highlight=hts7140

maybe you cna find the way to map the available audio inputs.

Thanks for your tip, Nettle. Unfortunately, my sound system doesn't have any possibility to "map" audio inputs. It just has an option to turn Easylink (or rather Anynet, as HDMI-CEC is called on the Samsung sound system), on and off. The funny thing is, it works when I switch to BluRay playback (it's an integrated BluRay playback/surround sound system), and also keeps working when switching back to TV.

So to sum it up, my problem is after all mostly a cosmetical one, since switching on the sound system along with the TV works; and the sound system then also plays back audio properly (albeit via the optical audio out, meaning that the volume regulation via the TV remote doesn't work - that only regulates TV volume, but I don't want the TV to output any audio; that would be really nice if it worked just from the start, since I then would only need one remote!). If I switch to BD playback at some point while the TV is running, and back to TV, starting with the BD playback, the EasyLink/AnyNet/HDMI-CEC stuff works fully as expected (meaning I then can also regulate volume via the TV remote).

So my assumption is that maybe the TV just istn't waiting long enough for a response from the sound system; no idea how HDMI-CEC/ ARC actually works, but it seems to be only some very small detail that goes wrong on initial TV startup.