PDA

View Full Version : Wak3300

bvdbos
02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
I've got three WAK3300's (along with some other things like a WAC3500d, a synology server, a sl400i, a BDP8000 etc.)

I'm not able to connect to a server for new firmware (guess no new firmware will be produced so not a big problem) but I'd like to be able to access streamium-management and internet radio for all three of them. Now I'm only able to connect to the internet with one, the other two don't appear in my personal philips page either. They do play music from my server(-s synology and the WAC3500) and the alarm clocks work.

I tried resetting the firmware many times already but I don't get the opportunity to re-enter my email...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there software to access the internals of the WAC3300 or does someone know how to re-register my WAK's?

tia

Bas

gdhgdh
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi,

Did you ever find answers to this question? I just got a WAK3300 and the firmware update fails - I'd just like to know that 3.5.14.6126 is the latest :)

Cheers,
Gavin.

bvdbos
08-24-2012, 04:47 AM
No I didn't... But as I have a synology-server I can add internet-stations on the server and they show up in the playlist...

As to firmware, I believe I'm at 1.x somewhere. Would be real nice if I could update. I wouldn't mind setting up an update-server and my own dns-server so I could redirect the update-request to my own server and publish a workaround for others to use. Would require some help of philips though.... Hey guys, anyone?

gr

Bas

gdhgdh
08-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Mm, that's going to be a rough ride without Philips' help - the HTTP POST request that the WAK3300 makes to Philips contains an ID string and a couple of kilobytes of binary data without any obvious structure :(

Given that the server that used to host that firmware service has gone away (and I'm unclear as to why - it's not like it would've cost much in upkeep) it would require some serious hacking to

a) extract the Linux code from the device
b) decompile it
c) reverse-engineer it
d) supply a compatible server

All of these things are still futile unless we could download a new firmware image, which we can't because the only supported upgrade path is over the Internet :/ A nasty Catch 22...

A bit of a poor show from the Dutch guys, all round.