PDA

View Full Version : 42pfl7656 + a/v receiver + ARC

dA_RoB
02-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi guys!

I have following setup:
Connected the TV to the A/V receiver with the 1.4 cable to ARC (TV --> HDMI1; A/V Receiver --> Monitor Out (ARC compatible)). Everything else (e.g. the WDTV Live media player) connected to A/V's HDMI inputs.

Now i have following problem:

I am using the TV's internal DVB-S receiver. Sound is coming from the A/V receiver - perfect.

If i switch (on A/V receiver) to my WDTV media player, the sound is coming from the media player, the picture however from the DVB-S --> TV doesn't switch to HDMI1 automatically. I would like to solve this!

The next problem is, when i switch back to TV on my receiver (after finished watching WDTV), the receiver switches to TV, the TV however stays at HDMI1 and won't go back to DVB-S. Is there any option to change this?
Also, sometimes if i change from WDTV to TV (on my A/V receiver) and switch manually to DVB-S (on the TV), there is no sound or the sound sounds scrambled! The case that the sound is correct is occurs very rarely.

After hours and hours spent on google i haven't found a suitable solution, so i hope that some of You guys can help me out!

Thank You!

BR
RoB

Philips - Thomas
02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi

the TV will stay on the selected channel as long as you don't set him to a new one.
The TV can not detect the channel settings you make on the Receiver.

Regards
Thomas

dA_RoB
02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Okay,
I understand. I guess the only solution is to buy a programmable Remote.
What about this:

"Also, sometimes if i change from WDTV to TV (on my A/V receiver) and switch manually to DVB-S (on the TV), there is no sound or the sound sounds scrambled! The case that the sound is correct is occurs very rarely."
?

Thank You!

BR
Robert

Philips - Thomas
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi

what do you do then on that case?
does it work via the internal Speakers?

Regards
Thomas

dA_RoB
02-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi!

In this case i have to turn off the tv and turn it back on!
Switching between the internal Speakers and the A/V receiver doesn't help. It's scrambled and/or no sound on both!

BR
RoB

Philips - Thomas
02-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Hi

Which FW Version do you have installed on the TV?

Regards
THomas

dA_RoB
02-28-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi!

At the moment I'm stuck at the 14.84 because there are far to many new problems in the 14.93 and there is too less experience for the 14.95. But as i saw, this problem isn't solved in the 14.93 as well. I guess i can try the 14.95 tonight, but first i have to look how to roll back to the 14.84 if i'm not satisfied with the new one!