PDA

View Full Version : Which NAS to stream to 32pfl7406h/12

Hansm
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I just bought a new tv the 3fl7406h/12 and connectet it to my home network by UTP.
I want to buy a NAS to stream my films in e.g. MKV format and found the WD Mybook live to store the films on.
Does one have experience ehit this device or other recomendations?
My home network contains Windows and MAC computers and both need to be able to access the drive.
Thanks in advance for advise.

Best regards

Hans

davedj
02-27-2012, 06:44 AM
I am using succesfully a (2-disk bay) NAS of synology with my 32pfl9606h/12. I can play MKV files and view photo's. My TV (with the latest firmware) can (still) not switch audio and subtiteling in the MKV files, therefor I connected a AC-Ryan HD mini-2 to my TV to play the MKV files. So I actually do not use the video player in the TV but I am for sure that it can play MKV files.

Be aware that not all formats of MKV files are supported!

Hansm
02-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Thank you Dave,
One good point you mentioned about subtitles.
I will check that out. Maybe the WD TV live hub would be a better choice then?

Ratergam
02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
will seek for discussion very interesting!@

davedj
02-28-2012, 06:56 AM
WD TV Live looks good. Also the graphical user interface looks good too.
The AC-Ryan HD mini-2 has a less nice graphical user interface but it plays all kinds of video formats (Bluray images, Bluray directory structures, mkv's, DVD images, DVD directory structures, avi, wmv, divx, etc etc. I've never had problems playing a video file with my AC-Ryan.

Do not know what video formats the WD TV Live supports.

The AC-Ryan mini-2 is very small and can be "glued" on the back side of your TV (if your TV is not mounted onto the wall)