PDA

View Full Version : Problem with DVR/Surround Sync via HDMI Connection

mbglobal
02-27-2012, 02:56 PM
I switched from a Samsung 46" to a 55" Philips TV which connects a Directv DVR via HDMI to a Sony Surround Sound Blue Ray System and then again via HDMI to the TV. I never had an issue with the Samsung but the Philips model has a serious lip sync issue which is very disturbing. I tried different HDMI cables (Low to High end) and different inputs. The problem persists I can't get the sound to match (not lip sync). Could not find delay options on DVR or Blue Ray Surround System. The TV model is 55PFL5706/F7

Is there a way to fix this or do I have to return the TV?

Philips - Thomas
02-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi

when do you have this Issue?
Watching content from the Samsung or watching content from the TV?

Regards
Thomas

mbglobal
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi

when do you have this Issue?
Watching content from the Samsung or watching content from the TV?

Regards
Thomas

This issue occurs when I watch content off my DirecTV Dvr using the Sony Blue Ray unit as my surround sound amplifier.
(The Samsung was my old TV and has nothing to do with it).
As soon as I route the DVR through the Blue Ray Surround Amplifier the sync goes off.
If I attach the DVR to the TV directly it works OK but then I'm missing my surround sound.

Philips - Thomas
02-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi

so the Home Cinema System is connected to the ARC Port of the TV.
What happens if you watch content not from the DVR but the TV itself, is Audio and Video sync?
If it is only out of sync if the DVR goes through the Home Cinema System then you can check on the TV to deselect the Video enhancements.
Or you can check on the Home Cinema System for audio sync options.

Regards
Thomas