PDA

View Full Version : Can't get saound from 46pfl9706 to analouge amplifier

JensJ
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi.
I can't get sound from my TV to my amplifier.
I have tried connecting optic cable from the TV to a DAC converter to transform sound to analouge, but it doesn't seem to work.
Does anyone have an idea to what the problem may be?

DerShortyy
02-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi.
I can't get sound from my TV to my amplifier.
I have tried connecting optic cable from the TV to a DAC converter to transform sound to analouge, but it doesn't seem to work.
Does anyone have an idea to what the problem may be?

Hi,
first of all please try to set in the TV configuration menu the speakers to external if it is possible.
Second: Did you choose the "right" source on your amplifier?

Maybe this helps
Best regards

starterz
02-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Try using the headphones out on the TV, it is analogue. You don't need a converter. I have connected my TV with an old but great Kenwood amplifier in this way, and I am VERY satisfied with what I am getting on my old but great B&W speakers.

melomaniax
03-17-2012, 04:55 PM
For the moment I'm also using the headphones ext. I'm wondering though if I would get a better sound quality when I would:

a) use an analogue RCA (red/blue) connection (I've tried this before but for some reason my tv doesn't pass the audio through this connection? Do I have to do something special for this??

OR

b) use the tv's optical audio output, connect it to a DAC converter (which I'll have to buy - difficult choice as I don't know anything about this) and then pass the analogue signal to my hifi.

Your advice will be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
-melo-

starterz
03-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't think I am the right person to explain and compare the differences :-) I hope someone else can provide some details on your dilemma. All best.