PDA

View Full Version : HTS5120 Soundbar problem subwoofer and audio bad

griverosf
03-02-2012, 02:17 AM
First of all...sorry my english.

I have a HTS5120/55 Soundbar. Its conected to PS3 and Sony Bravia, and the experiencie is very bad.

I connected the soundbar via HDMI, component and TOSLINK (optical). The subwoofer has an intermittent sound. As a pounding, very noticiable when the people just talking in the movies, for example. By the other hand, sometimes the sound disappears for a moment (1 or 2 second) and then is possible to hear the audio again.

The Soundbar has the firmware version 1.5s, the latest.

Please let me know. Thanks from Chile.:mad:

Nettle
03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Dear griverosf,

you'rein my same same condition 1 year ago.

I was experiencing sound loss problem via HDMI and SPDIF (January 2011) between my Philips 8605 TV model and my HTS5120 first day after my purchase.

Some topic related to this issue of last year:

1) http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1280-PFL865M-08-HTS7140-sound-drop-issue-happens-or-not&highlight=hts5120

2) http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?891-37PFL8605-HTS5120-Soundbar-bad-audio-doesn-t-work-well&highlight=hts5120

3) http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1128-TV-is-intermittently-loosing-sound&highlight=hts5120

4) http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?920-HDMI1-ARC-Sound-interupt-at-40pfl5605K/page3&highlight=hts5120

The HTS5120 has got a HDMI 1.2 and the TV was HDMI 1.3.

I've sent a complaint to the italian Philips Technical Service and to this forum.

The result is that Philips has proposed me immediately to substitute the HTS5120 with the HTS7140 (HDMI 1.3) without additional costs.
Furthermore the HTS7140 has got a Blue Ray reader too. :-)

I have to say "thanks a lot" to Philips for the attention shwon to my issue. ;)

Not the HTS7140 works perfecty. No sound loss anyome!

Regards

griverosf
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Hi,

unfortunately in Chile the support is very bad. I send an email to customercare of philips and have had no response to my problem. I hope the phone call be more effective.

:mad:

Regards

Nettle
03-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi,

unfortunately in Chile the support is very bad.

I send an email to customercare of philips and have had no response to my problem.

Regards

Really!?!?!?!

:(

griverosf
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
yes...really!

and today this situation repeat 4 times in a movie...I’m very upset and frustrated and no one from Philips (Chile or Global) tell me what happened with the soundbar.

Nettle
03-03-2012, 08:24 AM
yes...really!

and today this situation repeat 4 times in a movie...I’m very upset and frustrated and no one from Philips (Chile or Global) tell me what happened with the soundbar.

Have you tried to call the Philips Technical Support Center of your city/province to collect their technical feedback on it?

Regards

griverosf
03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
The telephone of homepage of Philips Chile doesn´t exist

chat with the technician

in his opinion a codec problem...not the soundbar problem.

Bienvenido al Chat de Philips, usted está hablando con Damian. Como puedo ayudarlo?
Guillermo: hola
Guillermo: tengo el siguiente problema, tengo un equipo que lo desembale recien hace dos dias. Un HTS5120, un soundbar de la linea 1.1
Guillermo: el problema esta que en la reproduccion en DVD y via usb (divx) produce un golpeteo el subwoofer
Guillermo: que no tiene nada que ver con la pelicula
Guillermo: eso es uno
Guillermo: lo otro es que desaparece el sonido un par de segundos
Guillermo: y despues vuelve
Guillermo: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4844-HTS5120-Soundbar-problem-subwoofer-and-audio-bad&p=27766#post27766
Guillermo: lo puse en el foro oficial de philips
Damian: ah, entonces el problema es con el codec de audio de la pelicula o las peliculas en cuestion
Guillermo: y el equipo en diversas partes del mundo pasa lo mismo
Guillermo: es que no es eso
Guillermo: ya que de distintas fuentes pasa exactamente lo mismo
Damian: si no me cree lo puede llevar al service
Guillermo: y si aun asi fuera problema del codec, no explica que en reproduccion, se vaya el sonido
Damian: aunqeu esta describiendo un tipico caso de codecs
Damian: pero digame de donde es y le paso un service
Damian: de hecho si
Guillermo: conectada via optico a ps3 en juego...se va el sonido 1 o 2 segundo y vuelve
Guillermo: eso no es codec
Damian: digame de donde es usted
Guillermo: Chile
Guillermo: Quilpue
Damian: region?
Guillermo: V region
Guillermo: el punto es que en DVD no hay codec...tampoco
Damian: Tenemos en San Felipe
Limache
Valparaiso
Viña del Mar
San Antonio
Guillermo: y en todas las peliculas?
Guillermo: Viña del Mar
Guillermo: es decir...mas encima tengo que ir a dejar el equipo en reparacion'???
Damian: igual
Damian: si lo compro hace 2 dias
Damian: directamente reclamelo con la casa de compra
Damian: si esta dentro de los dias de prueba pueden hacerle el cambio directo
Guillermo: no...esta fuera de eso
Damian: o la dev de importe
Guillermo: tiene 1 mes
Guillermo: ok...
Guillermo: no lo habia abierto hasta ahora
Guillermo: deme la direccion por favor
Damian: Quinta 209
Damian: 32 - 2882691
Damian: ese es el fono
Guillermo: De todas formas, este no es un problema de codec, es un problema detallado de estos equipos en los mismos foros de philips. Voy a contactarme con ellos. Muchas gracias.
Conversación detenida!

and now...I have to take the soundbar for repair ...

:mad:

Nettle
03-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I hope that the repair could be helpful.

Regards

griverosf
03-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks...I hope the same.

Regards