PDA

View Full Version : Playback issue encoded videofiles no sound

Zjwast
03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi my name is Joost Kempenaars from the Netherlands and I am new to this forum. I have recently bought a 32PFL6606/H12 and this is connected via a cable to my router and NAS (Synology DS212). I have encoded some Disney dvd's with Handbrake and tried to play them from my NAS on my tv. Unfortunately there is no sound. I have checked the specifications and the tv should be able to read AAC and AC3 from MP4 and MKV containers. The image is ok. Any ideas what could be wrong? I have encoded using the following settings in Handbrake:
Normal profile, H264 with FPS Same as Source (as well as 23.976) and encoded the original AC3 stream with: AAC (faac), AC3 passthru and Auto Passthru. Same result over and over, no sound on my tv. The files plays ok on my laptop with VLC.
On of the reasons I use the normal profile is the speed of encoding (with RF=22 I still get a decent picture)...
Thanks for your help

Philips - Thomas
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi

please use the tool "mediainfo" to analyze the Files and post the report in here.

Regards
Thomas

Zjwast
03-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi Thomas,

I have found the issue. The problem occured when playing m4v files with 2 audiostreams. I have re-encoded with only one audiostream in AAC and the files do now play on tv. Is this something that will be addressed in the future? So that the tv will be able to stream m4v files with two audio streams (e.g. English and in my case Dutch stream)?

Thanks,

Joost