View Full Version : HTS9520 speaker cable too short

03-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Everybody,

Since short time I am the owner of a 5.1 HCS HTS9520. Currently I want to install the speakers and I run into a problem that the speaker cable is not long enough. I have bought a "regular" black / red additional speaker cable which I want to use for the back sattelites.

I am in a bit of doubt wheter I can simply cut the existing cable and connect this to the regular black/red speaker cable. The connectors are attached to the spekercables directly, I was used that this was ordinary speakercable (two copper wires). Does the speaker cable of the back sattelites consist of two copper wires? Does it matter which of the wires I connect to the black or red additional speaker cable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Philips - Remko
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Keijs,

Please get in contact with your local call centre www.philips.com/contact for extension cables.

Kind regards

Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina