PDA

View Full Version : Philips 46pfl9706h colors calibration help

Miltos2304
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi all,

Its been two weeks since i purchased this awsome TV :cool:. And two weeks now iam trying to get the right colors and picture.:rolleyes:

I found nothing over internet or someone to share there settings with me for the specific model.

Iam creating this post for 46pfl9706 so anyone who bought this expensive TV to have the chance to calibrate the colors correctly and all share our settings.

I will go first. I think iam on the right track, but then again..who iam i to know if they are correct? The picture is right to my eyes. What iam trying to do, is to have the right picture and colors,contrast brightness....etc.
Any feedbacks are welcome.

Here we go.

Smart picture: ISF NIGHT - So we unlock all settings
Backlight Contrast: 53
Brightness: 45
Color: 50
Sharpness: 4
Noice: minimum
Tint: Custom: then to Custom Tint we have : R:120 - G:122 - B: 121 - This is to my personal preferences..iam not sure if iam correct

Then is The Perfect Pixel HD section.

Perfect Natural Motion - Off - I hate how movies look when this option is ON. Is like iam watching a movie made from amateurs.

Clear LCD: OFF
Super resolution: on
Perfect contrast:minimum
Dynamic backlight: off or best picture ( havent notice any difference)
Mpeg artifact reduction: off
Colour enchansement: off
Gamma: -1
Video contrast: 93

I havent touch the experts section because i dont have a clue what to do there. :confused:

Here you go guys. Any feedbacks are welcome. I would like to see what settings you guys are using and your happy with it.

*sorry for my poor english :p

Miltos2304
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I quess not many have this TV :(

Can anyone suggest me how to calibrate it? I dont want to pay anyone to calimbrate it for me.Since there isnt anyone arround my place that do this kind of job.

Thanks.

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I quess not many have this TV :(

Can anyone suggest me how to calibrate it? I dont want to pay anyone to calimbrate it for me.Since there isnt anyone arround my place that do this kind of job.

Thanks.

Hi,
i own this TV but i canīt help you with the ISF colour settings. Iīm looking for professional calibration too.

Miltos2304
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi,
i own this TV but i canīt help you with the ISF colour settings. Iīm looking for professional calibration too.

Can you help with settings when the professional calibrate yours? :)

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Can you help with settings when the professional calibrate yours? :)

yes of course, if i ever will have it done... until all issues were not solved i donīt calibrate the TV. I would rather bring it back to retailer

Miltos2304
03-12-2012, 05:37 PM
thanks man

btw. What mode you have your tv now? standard? isf night?

And what about contrast and brightness?

Just checking some things myself

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 06:20 PM
thanks man

btw. What mode you have your tv now? standard? isf night?

And what about contrast and brightness?

Just checking some things myself

Hi.
i don't use isf settings neither day nor night. its too dark and too less colourful for me. I use personal settings with bright colours and less backlight dimming

petasis
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
My suggestion is not to pay money to calibrate your TVs. I *think* that the colours cannot improve, and there are few that can be done on the grayscale, unless you loose the local dimming function.
The TV plays quite optimal out of the box.

Is there anything that puzzles you, and you think must be improved? (And you think a professional calibrator will be able to improve it?)

Miltos2304
03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

The colors can improve not necessary by the meaning to over saturated them..but play with the tint control to get accurate colors.

Thats what iam aim for...Accurate colors. With a combination of the right contrast and brightness. I always have the extra filters of the TV off and sharpness to 1 or 2.

If anyone can help with this ill be gratefull.

petasis
03-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Nobody can help you with the tint control. You need equipment to measure your TV.
The warm preset, will be quite close, as it was adjusted from the factory.