View Full Version : NP3700 a few questions
03-06-2012, 06:46 AM
I've just bought NP3700 and have some questions/problems.
1. In user guide I can see:
"NP3700 can also be the UPnP media server of such computers [connected to home network] and other UPnP devices that are connected to the home Wi-Fi network, if NP3700 is turned on or switched to active standby."
Is it true? Can NP3700 be uPnP server or just user guide provided with the device is misleading?
2. In provided twonky browser - I drag folder with mp3s to np3700 icon, it starts playing but only one song. When the song is over I have to click "next" button. Why isn't it playing the whole content of folder?
Also when i push mp3 this way to np3700 the album cover isn't displayed on device? Cover is displayed in twonky only...
3. Is there any way to control radio over some PC application?
4. With twonky I can not drag pictures to N3700...
1: Yes you're right, the manual actually claims that the NP3700 can act as a UPnP server, but I wonder exactly how ? I mean, where would it store the tracks ? There's no USB-port that allows to connect an external HDD or similar... I'd say it's a typo in the manual.
2: It should start to play the next track I think. Do you have the latest FW version installed in your NP3700 ?
3: PC no, iOS/Android yes, download the free MyRemote (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=philips.oneremote&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInBoaWxpc HMub25lcmVtb3RlIl0.) application from Philips and then you can use your phone as a remote control for the NP3700 (you must be connected to the same WLAN as the NP3700).
4: Same as #2 above, basically, make sure you have the latest FW installed in your NP3700.
03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
2. This is strange, because in the twonky queue i can see all tracks of album. But after one song is finished the next isnt played. I have to manually press "play next" button, and then only one next is played and it stops.
My NP3700 has software version E2.58S and came with twonky server 5.1.2. There is no never firmware for NP3700 (I've checked on settings -> check for software update.
Does it just refuse to play the next track if you drop a folder on the NP3700 ?
Or is it the same if you multilevel several files and drop them too ? What about playing from a play list ? An album container (in Twonky) ?
I'm gonna test it myself tonight too ;)
03-08-2012, 08:23 AM
The unit "sometimes" work and I don't know why or what cause it - most of the problems occur when controlling it with Twonky Browser:
- sometimes it plays whole album, sometimes it stops after one song. after first song it even switches to second, but then stops
- sometimes the cover art is displayed on device, sometimes not
The same album played via Twonky today works smoothly (whole album played, cover art displayed), tomorrow will act differently...
Belive me, I'm computer specialist and I've never seen such unpredictable device. Previously i owned logitech squeezebox duet - it was not perfect, but was predictable. Quick i learned it's limits and bugs and how to avoid them. With NP3700 I'm helpless. I think the devices has many bugs and isn't stable - today after switching it on, the "working circle" appeared and cycling for about 2 minutes - finally I have to restart the whole beast...
These problems do not appear when controlling unit from the touch screen or included remote controller.
Maybe I should limit my expectations but i remember world when things just worked :) I miss these times!