PDA

View Full Version : TwonkyMedia v1.3.0.101

llesniew
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I am currently using the TwonkyMedia server that was included with my NP3500/12 but when I try to play FLAC files I get "This item cannot be played by the local renderer because it is not a recognized file type"

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another server or an update I can download that will allow me to play these files?

Martyn
03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't know whether I'm doing this in the right place but does anyone know where I can download a printable Twonky Media Browser users guide for use specifically with the Philips NP3900? The pale blue version which is part of the software is difficult to read at best (light blue on dark blue - brilliant!) and is atrocious when printed off. I'm a layman technically and I'm thoroughly fed up with having to keep 'plonking about' to try and make the NP3900 or TMM work properly. Please help somebody!

llesniew
03-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Are you having specific problems? Once I got mine all going I never looked back.

Martyn
03-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ilesniew! I have never really got getting the TMM and the 3900 working properly together. I can play the music from my PC (Windows 7) but it is more by luck than judgement and very wary of changing things as it often goes awry! For instance when I drag music to the column on the right it takes forever to appear on the 3900 - I have to come out and go to Internet Radio and back again! I then have yet another play list - I'm now up to 17! and mostly empty. I just can't seem to able to delete them - they just keep reappearing. The icon at the bottom of the screen for the Philips is often not there so I always appear to be using the TMM logo (I think!). The 3900 keeps showing when I click on 'Library' I'm told it's seaching for UNPnP? Perhaps this is one of the problems but it only recent unlike the others.
Sorry to witter on but I think you get the drift - perhaps I expect too much customer service in this day and age!

If I only had coherent manuals for Twonky and the 3900 life would be so much easier!

I have to go out now for a few hours so if you can help in any way I'll get back to you later

llesniew
03-18-2012, 04:41 PM
So the 3900 never finds a UNPnP device when you click on Library? If that is the case, then you probably do not have sharing allowed in the Network and Internet section of the Control Panel.

Martyn
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi Ilesniew - back now - presumably Mothers' Day in US as well today!

I have reset the UNPnP via the Control Panel and I can see each element of the Twonky MM on the 3900 and can at least get it to play playlists but it (PN3900) still keeps saying that it's 'searching for the UNPnP'

Tomorrow, given the chance, I'll get onto my ISP to see if they help me with my home network setup which could be at fault. It still leaves me with wanting to have the assistance of a downloadable and readable manuals for firstly and most importantly TMM and secondly the Philips PN 3900 - any ideas?

I appreciate your help very much indeed it's just such a pity that the companies that take our money who, no doubt read this forum, leave us to make their products work!

Regards to you and the Windy City

Martyn

llesniew
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
The full NP3900 manual can be downloaded and printed at

http://www.usa.philips.com/search/search?q=NP3900%2F12&s=all&l=us_en&h=all&sid=header

The "read me" and "release note" documents in the Twonky folder in the Program Files folder might have some information that could help you.

I have recently uninstalled the Philips supplied Twonky Media Manager and installed Twonky 7.0 from twonky.com - it seems to offer better control of my library through the Streamium device.

Martyn
03-19-2012, 09:20 AM
I already have the NP3900 manual which you gave the address for from Philips website.

What I need is a decent manual for the Twonky MM. I've been into the computer files on my computer and have found C:\Program Files (x86)\TwonkyMedia\MediaManager\help\en_US but I can't open it as it is an XML file. I've tried the XPS Viewer of Windows but still it won't let me read it. All the Twonky files in MediaManager folder are XML.

Why on earth do they make it all so difficult! Why can't they just have them in Word format. Any ideas I how get to read them without all the heiroglyphics or do you know of a better alternative to get a Twonky MM manual or is there even such a thing?