PDA

View Full Version : DS 9800w blinking red

tiiz
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
My ds9800w speakers used to work fine. I set them up using WPS and it was very easy.

However, all of sudden, I could not connect my speakers to itunes on my PC or iPhone. I tried setting-up the speakers again, turning them off and on, etc. but nothing works. Even when I press the 'wifi setup' button, nothing seems to happen. All I have is a constant flashing red light. I'm afraid that there actually might be something wrong with the speakers themselves.

Help / tips / advice would be much appreciated!

DavePriceRoberts
03-18-2012, 07:42 PM
I hope you've managed to fix this problem. I've seen the same issue, which I fixed by holding the reset button down for a few seconds. Have you had any other issues? I've had problems with streaming from the iPad or iPhone.

Norway01
05-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey, I'm having the same problem today with my Ds9800w. First the led was green without finding the wifi. So I disconnected the power and then it started to blink green as usual, but after 2 minutes it is just flashing slowly red. Feel I have tried everything so please help out you guys if you have any clues. Thnx

Philips - Remko
05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Norway01,

Sorry to have overlooked your question. Can you please give the following feedback:

1) Which device are you trying to connect, what IOS version do you have?
2) Did you follow the connection set up as described in the tutorial http://www.philips.co.uk/c/fidelio/fidelio-soundsphere-ds9800w_10/prd/;jsessionid=0BF0F4AE6E23101DFCAF2AB07DE87CEA.app10 2-drp4?t=support
3) Do you have the latest FW installed?
4) Which router are you using?
5) How many devices are connected to the main router?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Kind regards,

philos
06-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Same issue here. red light and no way to reset by holding down power-button.
all worked fine since Dec`11 - till now! also resetting was possible before...!?

DS9800W/10, Serial No.: AJ1A1138002079

1) latest IOS, latest macos
2) not the latest FW installed jet (no way without connection...)
3) router: apple airport extreme
4) about three devices and one airport express connected to main router

can anyone help, please. i fear no good.

Philips - Remko
06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Hi philos,

I have send you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,

FDu
06-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Hello Remko,
Same for me, DS9800W10-FR always worked fine until today (since end of April) when led started keeping blinking red despite all resets, unconnects/reconnects both on speaker and wifi network sides.
I don't know the FW (did not install any since I received it end of April and don't have access to the device now).
It would be very helpful, if you could send me or post similar advice you sent to Philos.
Best regards

Philips - Remko
06-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi FDU,

I have send you a PM. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,

marco@bravis.se
06-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi, i have the same problem as everybody else in here. DS9800W10 always worked fine until a couple of week ago when led started blinking red despite all resets, unconnects/reconnects both on speaker and wifi network sides. NOt able to connect so i can't check firmware

Kind Regards a dissapointed Owner of a pair of useless speakers

lucas1970
06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Did you unplug the mains for some time already? I had problems in past on my MCI and this helped

marco@bravis.se
06-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Did you unplug the mains for some time already? I had problems in past on my MCI and this helped

Thanx but i had them pluged out for a week and the gave i new
Try today, same result. Flashes green quick for about 30 sec and
Then they start flashing red. Cant even connect throug the aux......

lucas1970
06-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Reset not working, unplugging not working either.......doesn´t look good.

rby
06-15-2012, 08:08 PM
I have exactly the same problem. What can be done? Anyone found a solution?

Stephano
06-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi Philos. Same problem here, been flashing red for weeks. Could you please also send me the PM?

Pele10
06-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Any chance you could send the fix?

rby
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I live in Denmark and filed a report with philips. I bought the speakers on shop.philips.com. They say they want to take a look at it so I'm sending it to the nearest workshop. Really don't understand why they just don't ship a new set. But I will report back.

Pele10
06-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Same here in Scotland, speakers sent to service centre to be checked.

evako
06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Philips i have the same problem with my DS9800W10 : it worked fine until a few days ago when led started blinking red despite all resets, unconnects/reconnects both on speaker and wifi network sides. Could you give me advise what to do? Thanks in advance.

schawki
06-26-2012, 03:20 AM
same problem here my DS9800W/10 worked well since 3 weeks ago, now blinking slowly in red after boot. Anyone can help please? the Philips service in my country don't even know the product.

Philips - Remko
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Dear evako and schawki,

I have send you both a personal message. Please check your inbox.

Kind regards,

schawki
06-26-2012, 08:16 PM
why is your answer such a secret, I thought i would have help or at least explanations on the problem, but that's all i got:

Hi schawski,

If after unplugging the device the problem still has not been solved then your device has to be checked at the service centre.

Please contact your local call centre for more information.

Kind regards,

you mean i have to send it back from morocco to france, you must be kidding, I won't buy another philips product anymore since the international guarantee doesn't work here.
thank you for your help anyway.

evako
06-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Is this a robot answering these messages? I got exactly the same text!! It is simplicity that's for sure but no sense. Philips: this is very very disappointing. I would not have expected this. Can you do any better?

----------------------------------
Hi evako,

If after unplugging the device the problem still has not been solved then your device has to be checked at the service centre.

Please contact your local call centre for more information.

Kind regards,
-----------------------------

schawki
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
it doesn't seem to be a robot since it made a mistake on my nickname, but I thought it would be useful and not drive users into more disappointments with this product that only lasts a few months

Philips - QK
06-27-2012, 03:56 AM
Hi schawki,

Just would like to understand more. Do you still have the proof of purchase with you?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

schawki
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
yes, of course I have the proof of purchase, but I bought it in France and I live in Morocco. I brought it to Philips service in Morocco that said that the International warranty doesn't have any Value here since they don't even know the product, that's why i asked for a solution here and got no satisfying response.

Philips - QK
06-28-2012, 02:57 AM
Dear schawki,

Thanks for letting us know this.
Let me check with the consumer care team of your country to see what can be done. I cannot promise anything yet at this moment as the final decision will be made by the country. I will update you on this later.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

schawki
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
ok, thank you for your help, i'm waiting for your answer about any evolution on this subject.

makkus
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
same problem here! pls help!!!!

this happened about 2 weeks ago - b4 all going fine.

i have latest IOS
and airport extreme
thanks!

NEED YOUR HELP

Philips - QK
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
ok, thank you for your help, i'm waiting for your answer about any evolution on this subject.

Sorry for my late response.
I have sent you a PM with the contact details of a colleague in Morocco.

Please update me on this issue. If this cannot be sorted out, I will see if I can re-escalate this again. Thanks.

zoyss
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi,

just FYI for everybody with the same problem: There is no Fix. if the product is blinking red, reset not working, restart not helping, plug off power source for reasonable time will not help -> then it is broken.

You need to send it to Philips to repair or exchange.

Cheers, Martin

stefwie
07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
oh dear,
this seems to be a common problem in the last months!

just had the same 2 days ago and about to throw the most expensive airplay speakers because i purchased them from a US online store (apple) and had them shipped to Dubai, but in the time between me and the speakers are living in Qatar now.

dear philips robot, what to do now? please advise!

stefwie

lucas1970
07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
As written in this thread, Unplugg and plugg back in. If this does not help then you have to check with service...

kwinnie
07-11-2012, 08:42 AM
For QATAR, below are the contact:

Almana & Partners
P.O Box 49, Doha
Phone: 974 4422221

not from the leaflet of Ds9800s, but from my other audio product. maybe you can give it a try.

Boche
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi everybody from Spain.

Today I've had the same problem. I've talking to a guy from philips support for and hour and he couldn't help me.
But, while I was talking to him I was turning the speaker on and off every four or five minutes always with the same result. But suddenly the green light has begun flashing slowly. I have reset the speaker by pressing for five seconds the on-off button and... it works perfectly.
I haven't done anything else. Be patient because if it has happened to me, I'm sure it will happen to you.
Oh yes, I've done two things more: screaming to the speakers like I was crazy and threatening them with throwing them from the sixth floor where I live in :D

staale.nov
07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi
I'm having the same connectivity problem as everyone else. Red LED flashing, and I'm not able to connect to the wifi.
Worked fine for aprox 5 months, and all of a sudden, dead!

What to do?

staale.nov
07-16-2012, 07:35 PM
...by the way, I've tried all solutions in the troubleshooting guide, all tips from this forum, but nothing works, just a RED LED flashing...

Oscar
07-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Then it is time to contact your local support since it looks like a service intervention is needed

Bvialade
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem. So, I have to contact my local support ?

kwinnie
07-30-2012, 06:19 AM
yes think so, please contact your local call centre

Torphie
07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh dear had my speakers less than a day and this morning it's the dreaded flashing red light which doesn't resolve on unplugging, looks like I'll be heading back to the shop for a refund. You would have thought there would be a factory reset or something...It's hard to fathom whats gone wrong

Glad I joined the thread though

Cheers

plazm
07-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks for warning! Almost buy it.
Is there any firmware update on the way??

Torphie
07-31-2012, 09:16 AM
The most recent firmware was released at the end of March and you can download it from the Philips site. I belive its country specific as well so make sure you visit the correct Philips website to download it.... Latest version: 3.8.88.1000, 2012-03-31

The shop replaced my speakers and they have passed the 24hr test.....

Cheers

plazm
07-31-2012, 09:23 AM
24 hours without connectivity problems?

Torphie
07-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Tlast pair worked fine but but showed the dreaded red flashing light the morning after I set them up, this pair is still working fine and will hopefully continue to do so, hence the 24hr test.....

plazm
07-31-2012, 10:55 AM
I have many doubts... There is no place for compromise :p

rby
08-02-2012, 07:55 AM
My second set of DS9800W (bought 2 pairs) has just died with the same red flashing.

Not possible to reset and cutting power will not fix either.

I already sent this one in once and will have to send it in again. The other pair died 1,5 months ago and I'm still struggling with the Danish Philips department to have it replaced.

Please somebody address the situation! This is the third time I will have to send back a pair of DS9800W and I suspect what will happen is that I'll recieve another pair and then they will die too in 3-5 months. This situation is really not sustainable. Please fell free to contact me with any technical questions - I would love to help the engineers out - but Philips really needs to begin to effectively address the situation through an altered electronic design or updated firmware! It must be possible to find the component that shorts out.

(PS: The last two pairs of speakers that brooke were updated with firmware 3.8.88.1000.)

Philips - Remko
08-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Dear rby,

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation both with your product and with our Danish department.

You can rest assured that this issue is being addressed right now but I'm afraid the only way to get a solution, in the short term, will be through our service network.

I'm also sending you a PM asking for some details of the device you have in service to see if I can help out.

Regards,

rby
08-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Thx. I have replied to your PM now.

Dear rby,

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation both with your product and with our Danish department.

You can rest assured that this issue is being addressed right now but I'm afraid the only way to get a solution, in the short term, will be through our service network.

I'm also sending you a PM asking for some details of the device you have in service to see if I can help out.

Regards,

Jando
08-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Hi, i have exactly the same problem as everybody else in here. DS9800W10 always worked correct.
But last week a red led started blinking despite a number of resets, unconnects/reconnects both on speaker and wifi network sides. No way to connect again. Please help me out!!!

kwinnie
08-16-2012, 04:46 AM
hi jando,
guess you have to go to service.

binks
08-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Flashing Red Light
My 9800's were working fine with the usual dropping out from time to time. I have returned home after several weeks to find this problem. I have turned it off and on and followed the instructions as per the manual. All I get is a brief solid green light followed by a 30 sec or so flashing green light and then back to the red. I have changed nothing in terms of the router; the speakers are about 2 metres from the router, I have turned off all other possible sources of interference but nothing works. I would appreciate advice on how to fix or whether it is something more serious. Thanks.

kraller
09-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Hello Remko
I am in Denmark and i have the same problem with my DS9800w with the red light, and i have tryde all, but nothings Are happening. Can you please help me....
Thanks

Torphie
09-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Kraller

Sadly you're goosed, or more correctly your speakers are goosed and your only course of action is to return them to Philips service centre. I note at the top of this page a colleague from Denmark wasn't to impressed with Philips lets hope their customer service has improved.

Cheers

Hello Remko
I am in Denmark and i have the same problem with my DS9800w with the red light, and i have tryde all, but nothings Are happening. Can you please help me....
Thanks

rby
09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Two new developments from my side that I want to share with you. As I've written in this thread before I have two sets of DS9800W.

First, after a two months long struggle with the Danish philips departement on a set of DS9800W bought on philips.dk I managed to recieve a replacement. No apology for the significant amount of time I spend talking to them, waiting on their vaccation to end, mailing them and delivering information back to them that they already had - but at least they gave me a new set 2 weeks ago.

Secondly, I recieved more info on my other pair of DS9800W, which have been bought from a third party supplier. The supplier has been in touch with philips in order to seek a replacement. However, today they are telling me that Philips has decided to DISCONTINUE the DS9800W and are therefore unable to provide me with a replacement. If someone from Philips could please comment to this, it would be much appreciated. I am sure that a Philips representative would have written this information here, had it been true. Therefore I asked them to check again.

Torphie
09-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks for this RBY although its disappointing if it is indeed true. Hopefully there will be sufficient parts stored to allow continued servicing and perhaps Philips could also publish the route cause(s) of the faults to enable third party repairs. I genuinely like these speakers and I don’t expect to have to 'bin them' because of an undisclosed technical fault.......

Two new developments from my side that I want to share with you. As I've written in this thread before I have two sets of DS9800W.

First, after a two months long struggle with the Danish philips departement on a set of DS9800W bought on philips.dk I managed to recieve a replacement. No apology for the significant amount of hours I had to spend talking to them, mailing them and delivering information to them that they already had - but at least they gave me a new set 2 weeks ago.

Secondly, my other pair of DS9800W which have been bought from a third party supplier have been in touch with philips in order to seek a replacement. However, today they are telling me that Philips have been DISCONTINUED the DS9800W and are therefore unable to provide me with a replacement. If someone from Philips could please comment to this, it would be much appreciated. I am sure that a Philips representative would have written this information here, had it been true.

Thdargent
09-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I am facing exactly the same problem: my speakers used to work just fine, and all of a sudden, they do not respond at all. I have a red blinking light after about one minute of blinking green fast, tried to unplug and replug. Tried also to reboot, but same sequence (fast green blinking followed by indefinite red blinking). Also tried to connect directly through the jack wire, but it just does not work either. Is this a known problem and what is the solution, please?

Torphie
09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Thdargent

As you’ve probably concluded by now you have to return them to Philips Service Centre, a sad state of affairs
but no other way unfortunately. If you can post to let the forum know when they’re fixed and what the fault
was that would be helpful.

Cheers

I am facing exactly the same problem: my speakers used to work just fine, and all of a sudden, they do not respond at all. I have a red blinking light after about one minute of blinking green fast, tried to unplug and replug. Tried also to reboot, but same sequence (fast green blinking followed by indefinite red blinking). Also tried to connect directly through the jack wire, but it just does not work either. Is this a known problem and what is the solution, please?

Beakertime
10-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Same problem which has solved itself in past, but now just quick blinking green then red.
Can't reset. What is next step?
Got no receipt, am I knackered?
Please answer Philips.

Oscar
10-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Did you unplugg your DS for some minutes....

Beakertime
10-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi Oscar. Thanks for reply.
I did yes. This problem has happened a few times in past & this always solved it, but not this time.
I was hoping there might be another fix!!
Seems a bit ridiculous, there is obviously a problem.

Peder
11-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi,
I have the exact same problem. My speakers used to work fine and until I simply unplugged them from the wall. When I plugged them back in they started flashing green for maybe 3 minutes and then they just bink red repeatedly. Nothing works. Can't even use them plugged in to a device. I really don't feel like bringing them to a store for maintanence, so I really hope there is a quick fix to this. Maybe it's in a PM that keeps coming up? :)
Thanks!

Oscar
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Red blinking as I can see here around is service, if unplugging does not solve the issue then there is no other option.

wfranke
11-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I purchased the DS9800 around 7 months ago and I've started facing the same issue earlier this month. I'm not able to connect to them via Airplay or directly through the MP3-Link (Aux). Interestingly the instruction manual makes no mention of the red blinking LED indicator. I've been researching this carefully and I've tried all the different suggestions without success. Hopefully Philips fixes this quickly.

It's a shame, I've been telling everyone how great the sound and build quality was.

Peder
11-19-2012, 09:32 AM
I completely agree with you wfranke.
It seems like the only solution is to bring the speakers to a retailer for service. Can someone confirm this?
In that case- do I need to bring both speakers, or is it enough to bring the "master one"?

darthdilbert
12-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I have the same problem. Can you send me te PM whatever that is, please.

darthdilbert
12-14-2012, 09:50 PM
With so many users with the same problem it would help if you we'e helpful. I will post your non replies on Amazon.com for my review for DS9800W where I bought them in May this year, and now has red light. #BrandFail

Hi schawki,

Just would like to understand more. Do you still have the proof of purchase with you?

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

SuperK
12-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi All,
So it seems my speakers have also come down with a case of the dreaded "flashing red"! :(

I have had my speakers since July 2012, and faced many of the dropout issues people have been reporting. Last week, all of a sudden, the speakers started making a "whooshing" sound. I turned off the speakers, and upon restarting, it initially blinked (fast) green over 1.5 minutes, and then turned to slow "red" blinking. I have tried all the different methods suggested by people to restart/reset to no avail. Highly disappointed Philips!!

I cannot rave enough about the sound quality and the aesthetics of this unit... however, it's just an expensive ornament right now!

To be honest, although I mainly used the wireless capability... I really would not have cared that the wireless capability broke if I could still use the MP3 audio input .. would have just got an Apple Express to provide the wireless capability!! But because of the stupid "Single Point of Failure" design... all capability is lost! As an engineer, I am highly disappointed by the Philips lead engineer who approved the design of the system.... and Philips Quality Assurance!

Philips Support - is it possible to obtain a firmware version which just disables the network capability?

Oscar
12-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi, as already said by Philips and by me and others, Red blinking as I can see here around is service, if unplugging does not solve the issue then there is no other option......

SuperK
12-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks for your response Oscar.

Unfortunately, the root cause for this behaviour has not been identified/presented. Unless the root cause is hardware related, "Service" just sounds like re-flashing the system. If this is the case, it will only be time again before the "red" flashing state is encountered again.

I would rather the system be re-flashed with a firmware version which simply disables all network capabilities and enables the system just to work as a dumb set of speakers.

Hi, as already said by Philips and by me and others, Red blinking as I can see here around is service, if unplugging does not solve the issue then there is no other option......

Peder
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I am sad to say that since I received no feedback regardning the issue together with the fact that it seems to be a general problem, I have now returned my speakers. I highly agree with everybody that the soundquality and design of the speakers are amazing, but this sort of problem just isn't acceptable. A real pity!
It also surprised me to hear that there is no solutjion to the red flashing. Instead I was offered money back by the store where I bought them. Now I am a happy owner of a pair of Jamo P404 speakers with a bluetooth adapter that cost way less. These I can recommend to anyone here. Great sound quality and design!

SuperK
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
New behaviour experienced today... after the usual fast green blink followed by slow red blink, I turned the system off using the power button, and turned it back on using the power button. This time with the fast green blink, there was a "clickling" sound... (in sync with the light) sounding very much like a relay making and breaking connection! The green blink slowed degraded to a much slower green blink .. still with sound. However, after a couple of minutes, it once again transitioned to slow red blink.

eduardszekesi
01-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I have the same problem as everyone here, the LED is blinking RED from today. My biggest problem though is that I don't have the invoice any more, meaning I guess, no guarantee. I have the speakers and the box and as I have read above, I have to send them to service. Can anyone tell me where do I have to send them in Austria?

SuperK
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Update:

I returned the speakers to Myer in Melbourne. They told me that since it had been over 30days and given it's cost, that they will have to contact Philips and determine whether the speakers should be replaced or repaired.

The next day, they provided me with a replacement. Thankyou Myer!

I should have noted the serial number.. however, the original set came in white packaging. The new set is in black packaging. Airplay on these new speakers work flawlessly when I'm using my an IOS5/6 device (iphone and ipad mini). However, constant dropouts when I'm using my MacBook Pro using MacOS 10.7.5 (Lion).

eduardszekesi
01-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I have called the service today and they told me that without an invoice, I will have to pay the verification of the system. After that, I'll have to pay the repair and the shipping too. The verification itself is around 150 euros in Germany.
Can anyone tell me what is the actual problem of these systems? What repair costs should I expect? Is it worth it sending them to service? And after repair, how long will they work? Will they die again?

It's sad to be treated this way with a system that has a 2 years guarantee but which isn't on the market for 2 years, yet without the invoice you are not considered a customer, you're just no one. The forum here shows clearly the system has a faulty and based on the serial number Philips should have asked the customers to ship them back and resolve the problem as cars manufactures do or at least be more prompt and helpful.

Mrchris
02-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Wellington, i bought my DS9800W speakers over a year ago and they failed with the blinking red light after 6 months. Called Phillips and they were very good about sending me a brand new set. This second set has now failed in under 6 months, so I'm not going to bother getting another replacement, this is just too annoying. This product is a LEMON.

darthdilbert
02-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Wellington, i bought my DS9800W speakers over a year ago and they failed with the blinking red light after 6 months. Called Phillips and they were very good about sending me a brand new set. This second set has now failed in under 6 months, so I'm not going to bother getting another replacement, this is just too annoying. This product is a LEMON.

I had mine fixed by the Phillips service centre in Cape Town, the fixed the circuit board and adjusted the power frequency. No charge working perfectly ow lets wait another 6-7 months.

Mjs
02-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Having the same problem as above - tried everything: turning off and on, pushing all buttons, at same time, etc. Disconnected for some hours --- worked fine until today, I am afraid it is broken --- very bad, costed a lot of money. Who can help?

rby
02-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi everyone. I bought two sets of these speakers before this problem began to emerge. Combined I've had to replace them three times. Now the oldest replacement has arrived at the "blinking red" problem again. It ususally takes around 3-4 months for the speakers to begin experience this problem.

I'm now in the long proces of waiting for Philips to evaluate this - once again. I cannot bring my mind to understand how hard it can be to fix this problem permanently. They must have thousands of broke units to diagnose.

Andrey1976
02-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Hi everyone. I bought 9800w September 2011
In January I've got a red blinking
I spent three months with the Philips service at Russia for repair cause no one knew of this device
finally they replaced DECODER + WIFI BOARD (BCO-DR870) inside.
7 months later I got a problem again.
but now the service says the product out of warranty and i have to pay big bucks for a new repair
What Philips Team thinks about my problem?
We all understand that this is a problem the manufacturer, not the user
do after spending a lot of money for a device you have to pay for the mistakes of the manufacturer?

eduardszekesi
02-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately, no one cares, you'll see. I wrote here several times but I got no response.
I sent mine in Germany to service and they replaced something inside, but was very cheap. The part replaced was about 5 euros plus the work time about 40 euros and the shipment around 20 euros. I have noticed that they have changed my firmware with this one 3.8.88.3700 which as I know is only for America and they also did something as I cannot update it. There is no update firmware button anymore.
Nevertheless, my speakers work now fine. I hope they will still do after a few months.

rby
03-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Now another set of DS9800W has broken in the same way. This makes it to a total of 5 units turned bad every time within a span of 3-4 months. I've given up hope and will recieve back my money or file legal charges against them.

Philips - Tereza
03-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Dear rby,

I have sent you a PM. Kindly check your inbox.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Dima
03-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Philos. Same problem here, been flashing red for month now. What should I do? Could you please also send me the PM? :eek:

rammetjes
03-18-2013, 08:28 AM
I experience exactly the same error "red blinking" light and nothing else works anymore. It is really very frustrating to see that all have similar error and no solution is made clear. I have my fantastic speakers since introduction and did stop working some weeks ago, I also have the other Fidelio wireless speakers with battery solution which I use more so did not pay too much attention. I thought it was some WIFI challenge and I was of opinion to just re-connect when I had time for it......just didnt do until this morning and then found after trying and looking online for support this forum.... please help.
regards

Philips - Tereza
03-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Dear Dima and rammetjes,

I have sent you a PM, kindly check your inbox.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Philips Moderator Team

nickmulley
03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Same issue here.

Surely Philips know what the issue is and can repair these units with a revised part. I don't want this to happen again out of warranty!

kring
03-23-2013, 02:11 PM
I am on my 3rd set too. first one died with red slow blink inside first month, returned to store for trade, new one had same issue after 2 months - store was nice enough to swap out. now 5 months later the 3rd unit died... clearly they have a major hardware issue. So what do I do next?

richs
03-23-2013, 07:46 PM
I am getting the same issue with a red blinking light. I have had the DS9800W/10 since April 2012. Last week when turned on a red light would continue to blink and am now unable to play anything via WI-FI or line in. Multiple restarts do not solve the issue.

What should I do as these are still under warranty for another 2 weeks

Faust
03-25-2013, 08:54 AM
hi, if the reset and the steps posted here ealier ( see below) won't work, i would suggest to take it to your local repair service straight away to have it fixed.

1. Power off DS9800W
2. Power reset the router
3. When the router is power on and working fine, power on the DS9800W
4. Follow the Quick Start Guide and see if it can enter the setup mode (LED flashes green and yellow alternatively or red -> green -> yellow in WPS setup mode)
5. If it can enter the setup mode, setup again to see which step in QSG is failed
6. If DS9800W just keeps flashing green and doesn’t enter setup mode as described in step 4, refer to service

Link to QSG - http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...10_qsg_eng.pdf

ChadBarba
03-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Hi,

There is any way to reinstall the correct version of the firmware?

I accidentally installed the U.S. firmware Speaker. and I have the European version of the speakers.

My speakers had the same failure blinking red light, trying to follow the suggestions of several post tried to update the firmware but I installed the U.S. version, when I have European speakers.

Philips - Tereza
04-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Dear ChadBarba,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Hi,

There is any way to reinstall the correct version of the firmware?

I accidentally installed the U.S. firmware Speaker. and I have the European version of the speakers.

My speakers had the same failure blinking red light, trying to follow the suggestions of several post tried to update the firmware but I installed the U.S. version, when I have European speakers.

islayfan
04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Dear Tereza

I also bought those speakers because I loved the design and I wrote everywhere about this fantastic sound. My speakers are still unpacked because I change my apartment in a month. And now I found this forum and I saw all this statements about these broken speakers in a time from about 4 months. And I have to say that I don't like this communication strategy with this " I send you a private message". I really wanna know what's wrong. Shall I better send the speakers back and get my money back or is there a solution that will work or are they really a lemon and will be broken all 4 months?

Can you please communicate more in detail what we can do.

Thank you very much
Islayfan

ChadBarba
04-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Dear Tereza

I also bought those speakers because I loved the design and I wrote everywhere about this fantastic sound. My speakers are still unpacked because I change my apartment in a month. And now I found this forum and I saw all this statements about these broken speakers in a time from about 4 months. And I have to say that I don't like this communication strategy with this " I send you a private message". I really wanna know what's wrong. Shall I better send the speakers back and get my money back or is there a solution that will work or are they really a lemon and will be broken all 4 months?

Can you please communicate more in detail what we can do.

Thank you very much
Islayfan

Hello islayfan, for surely I understand how you feel and this is really frustrating, especially since we're talking about audio equipment whose cost is very high. I imagine I have just four months with my speakers and like you, when I bought them, I did it by design, the brand and even at the beginning because many pages gave good reviews about the product. But with barely four months of use look what happened. The worst part is that I used my speakers very occasionally. The truth did not give use to associate with the occurrence of this failure.

Already been a week since I took them to an authorized service center that my country Philips told me.

Until today, they have not contacted me to tell me something about the problem presented and even the day that I took them despite having explained everything to the Technical Service behavior and attention it was as if I had been the causing the problem.

It is very disappointing to buy a product that you really like and that soon and need to send to repair... :(

Regards,

Philips - Tereza
04-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Dear Islayfan,

welcome to the forum and thank you very much for your comment. There are many DS9800W that work perfectly fine, unfortunately, there are also few that have some issues and we sincerely apologise for such an inconvenience.

As suggested by one of the users in this forum, below are the steps to take when the red/green blinking occurs.

1. Power off DS9800W
2. Power reset the router
3. When the router is power on and working fine, power on the DS9800W
4. Follow the Quick Start Guide and see if it can enter the setup mode (LED flashes green and yellow alternatively or red -> green -> yellow in WPS setup mode)
5. If it can enter the setup mode, setup again to see which step in QSG is failed
6. If DS9800W just keeps flashing green and doesn’t enter setup mode as described in step 4, kindly refer to your local Philips repair service centre.

Link to QSG - http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...10_qsg_eng.pdf

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

oluv
04-16-2013, 10:50 PM
My DS9800 kept working for about a year. I purchased the speakers in April 2012 and 2 weeks ago they stopped working with exact the same red blinking LED. Meanwhile I got them back from service and they are working again, but I wonder what has been done in the end? I didn't receive any repair-summary and interestingly after powering on my speakers automatically logged into my network as if there has never been an error. they still had my Wifi-password saved, they had the same MAC-address as before, so service didn't even do any bigger reset. i really wonder how they could fix it while still keeping all network data, hence even my own EQ-settings were still there.

Beakertime
04-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally posted back in October about this issue which had happened a few times.
Never got a reply from Philips on this forum, only another forum member who had experienced the same problem.
At the same time I had an online chat with someone from Philips support who said he could find no record of such an issue with these devices!!!!!! He said that he would get a head of support to call me on Monday morning, once again I heard nothing from Philips.
My speaker did fix itself for a short while after this, as it had in the past, so I didn't follow it up.
The problem reared it's ugly head not long after though & looking at the forum again today it would seem that the issue is still ongoing, withouth any sense coming from Philips as to what the problem is.
If I am wrong on this & Philips are providing a solution then could somebody from Philips come please back to me, but not to suggest turning it off at the power or rebooting etc as this obviously does not work.

I have been a long time lover of philips products, spending a lot of money over the years on tv's and audio units, but the lack of customer service being shown on this issue is making me re-consider any future purchases.

I would appreciate some sort of response to this, as although my unit is outside warranty period I would expect that Philips should be doing something to rectify what is obviously a build error on there part. All these people complaining on here and other sites can't be doing the same things wrong.

I look forward to hearing your solution.

Philips - Tereza
04-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Dear Beakertime,

with some of those devices this a known issue to us and we do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed remotely, however, if you bring your device to your local service centre they will be able to fix this for you.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

islayfan
05-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Dear ChadBarba

Thanks for your reply and I hope that they will now work fine. Please keep us informed.

Best,

islayfan
05-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Dear Tereza,

First thank you for your answer. But the point that I am interested in is if the speakers that have this issues will work fine after repair. Why have a lot of people the same problem again and again after a time of about 4 months? Does Philipps probably only change the problem causing part but this part is not reengineered?

It looks like than I see no other reason why Philipps is not communicating what exactly the problem is.

It's a pity than I love the sound and the design of this wonderful speakers!

Kind Regards,
Islayfan

Philips - Tereza
05-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Dear Islayfan,

as far as we are aware, the devices work fine after being serviced. There are only a few cases when the repair didn't work as intended and had to be reserviced again.

If you have above described issues with your DS9800, please take it to your local service where they will be able to fix it for you.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

tinaa67
05-26-2013, 04:14 PM
To Philips:

1st set of speakers bought in Jan -11, and returned in Jan -12
2nd set of speakers bought in Apr -13, and will be returned in May -13

Like Beakertime, when I contact Philips on the chat, they are not familiar with the issue, nore it being posted here in the forum for like a million times. They are incompetent, they are not familiar with the product, and they ask you to do all the basic things you've already tried about 25 times, which you have already told them don't work.

They (=you) also don't want to take responsability for the product, but instead insists on me taking it back to the seller. In my case, both times bought online, where they've been helpful, but without being able to tell me WHAT is going on. Because in the end it all ends up there by you, doesn't it? And the seller doesn't give any info from you, do they?

I'm now considering where to by my 3rd set of speakers. First seller couldn't replace them, since they didn't sell the product anymore. Second seller never replaces products, they only give a refund. So how do you suggest I will ever get the possibility to get any service, after I have bought my 3rd pair, which will of course also end up with problems??

And last, but not least, I have other topics here on the Forum, whom nobody has replied to. Why?

Best regards
Tina

kylie
05-27-2013, 07:48 AM
what issue you are have? 'the speaker' here you mean DS9800w?

tinaa67
05-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Well, the name of the topic is "DS9800 blinking red", isn't it? And I have the same problems as everybody else in here, which is now stated on 7 pages...

kylie
05-27-2013, 08:27 AM
because i see you also posted in a DS9000 thread:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?12474-Mute-DS9000&goto=newpost

and also on another sound drop/ ungrade unsuccessful thread. and each and every thread you said you hv the exactly same issue. so i ask to understand better.

so if you are having a red blinking light issue, i guess the solution is just the same as what the moderator said. you have to send it back for service... it indicates a firmware upgrade failure and no other workaround for this.

you mentioned in another thread that you bought online and cannot return to the seller. you can consider returning to the Philips service centre then.

tinaa67
05-27-2013, 08:34 AM
If I reply to an issue, it means I've replied to the issue above me, and/or stated in the topic. I do understand that you need to ask, but on the other hand I'm SICK OF telling the same story over and over again. It might be so that you are very familiar with the product, and also very competent, but that is not what I've experienced with my local Philips Support Centre on chat. And they REFUSE to let me send the speakers to them!! Which is completely dumb and silly, because like I stated before, they will end up there anyway, and also I have read in here that Philips are able to fix them! Neither the first seller nor the second, could or would replace me the speakers, nor get them fixed and returned to me. It means I have to buy new ones, which are more expensive today, and I might end up with the same problem... :-/

kylie
05-27-2013, 08:51 AM
tinna67,
ok understand how you feel indeed as you been rejected to send back your device.
what is their stand point - I mean if that's because they said your devices are bought online? do you have valid invoice on this? (confirmation email/ payment detail etc)...

seems like there are one Nodic user also experiencing this before (the local Support centre said the user has no valid invoice as he bought his device online)... but later the user supplied them with all the emails/ payment transfer details... then they accepted it.

by the way, where is your country of residence? there may be some slightly difference in the way they handle the case... varies from country to country.

tinaa67
05-27-2013, 09:18 AM
I remember that person aswell, the one without his invoice and so on...

I live in Sweden. The first speakers I bought online in Sweden, now the second pair of speakers I bought online from the UK.

I have the invoice, payment details, the packing - everything, you name it.

Their stand point is simply that it should be returned to the seller. Nothing about whether I have bought it online or wherever I have bought it.

Philips - QK
05-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Dear Tinna67,

We cannot help you much also in the forum as for your symptom only the service centre can help you out.
What we can do for you is to pass your case directly to my Nordic Consumer Care colleague so as to see if this helps. If you agree so, would you please send your name, phone number, email address, uploaded proof of purchase to my PM so that I can help you with the escalation?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

tinaa67
05-27-2013, 10:54 AM
I have found two ways of sending private mails to you, by klicking on Philips - QK. The only problem is, that I don't find any way of attaching anything... Should attach the proof of purchase, right?

Philips - QK
06-13-2013, 04:43 AM
I have found two ways of sending private mails to you, by klicking on Philips - QK. The only problem is, that I don't find any way of attaching anything... Should attach the proof of purchase, right?

Dear Tinna67,

Have you received my previous PM to you?
You can upload those docs using some external uploading directory like www.wetransfer.com and then send me the URL to download the file.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

tinaa67
07-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you for trying to help. I have returned my second set of speakers, I simply gave up. It shouldn't be so difficult to get them working, and obviously after having read the above posts, it seems Philips have some serious problems to fix. Brgds Tina

ArmsLength
07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi,

I am having the same problem as these people. I am Singapore and purchased the product in Singapore. Can you pls find out who I need to contact to have the device replaced or a refund. Pls do NOT send me some generic email address or phone number. I want a specific individual with a specific email tag and phone number.

FDu
08-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Last year, I was finally able to solve the red blinking problem but this time it seems more persistent.
No easy solution, reset, unplug...nothing working.
What can else be done or how to proceed for return/repair?
Thanks

Faust
08-12-2013, 04:10 PM
hi FDu, well, as far as I know and reading other posts here, there is no other way to fix the red blinking issue than to contact the repair service.

i would suggest to contact your local Philips customer care who will advice on next steps in regards to return or repair. they can book it for repair on your behalf i believe.

contacts can be found on your country's site - http://www.philips.com/global/country_selector.page?locale_org=gb_en .

good luck! :)