PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with FW v0.14.96.0 for 5806, 6000 and 7000 series (2011 models)

Philips - Thomas
03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Hi Guys

14.96 will be released soon.

Here is the Changelog:

• Unable to select the [3D format] on TV3 HD channel during 3D broadcasting. (Only applicable to
country, Spain)
• No support of certain HD and 3D channels via DSMART CI card. (Only applicable to country, Turkey)
• Not possible to perform automatic sorting of satellite channels.
• Intermittent picture lose with “Scrambled program” message appears onscreen on ZIGGO channels.
(Only applicable to country, Netherlands)
• Improvement on German OSD translation. (Only applicable to K-models)

deemona
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Is there any chance that 3D USB issue will be solved on 42PFL7606T/12 with this FW update?

thijskl
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
When is the sound drop issue getting solved? It's been 3 months now and still hasnt changed.

pip
03-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Second that. Or is it a hardware problem that can't be solved with a new firmware?

Found the v0.14.96.0 on this site for the 42PFL7666/h12 here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfl7666h_12/?C=S;O=D

Vitth
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys

14.96 will be released soon.

Here is the Changelog:
Not possible to perform automatic sorting of satellite channels.
I'm using the internal sat tuner and tried to sort >
free/scrambled, but nothing happened, there are still encrypted channels at the top of the list.

The setting in Options >HbbTV on this channel > On / Off, has no effect.
if you turn it Off and press the red key, it still tries to show HbbTV.
if you turn it Off and open Options >HbbTV on this channel again it shows On.

HbbTV in general is very unstable.
often it wont start at all
it crashes and one can't open it again
one can't close it with red button again
it crashes and one can't change channels
teletext key randomly opens classic teletext or HbbTV text

dog soldier
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi,

here some bugs or things that must be improved or solved

annoying sound drops still there....
pushing the volume button suddenly channel informations will be displayed (e.g. Dolby digital 3/2 etc.)
TV turns off randomly (every few hours, automatic shutdown not flagged)
overall the software is very slow
channel switching slow
better handling of the usb devices like faster forward/rewind of mkv or subtitles or .....a long list will follow....
with CI+ modul on the HD+ channels in the channel info instead of ,, special characters will be displayed (german
language)

polydor
03-12-2012, 06:46 PM
When will the problem that net-tv doesn't want to start anymore be solved? My TV is wired and accessible (remote app can access it), but I'm stuck on step 3 of the start-up-wizard. Some days it works, other days nothing works.

Joerg*
03-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Same problem still exist on my 47PFL7606K/02. NetTV works only sometimes but mostly not although a wired internet connection exists. And further the same problem with DLNA sources. Sometimes the TV find the sources in my network and often not. Then I have to shut-down and restart the TV for one or even more times until it works. To solve the problem I have changed the dynamic IP assignment by my internet router (DHCP server) to a fixed IP address - but the problem still exist. This is annoying me.

centpede
03-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Dear Thomas,

I found the following reproducable bug in combination with the Sleeptimer and Easylink:
When the TV switches off due to the Sleeptimer, the Easylink functionality gets broken the next time, the TV is used. This means, that the volume on the connected Soundbar cannot be changed afterwards with the TV remote control using easylink.

Workaround: Switch off easylink on TV and Soundbar with the respective remote control, switch off to standby, take them from the power supply for about 5 mins. and re-enable Easylink on both systems when they are switched on again.

Scenario: 55PFL7606K02 FW 14.96 and HTS7111 Soundbar, connected through HMDI1/ARC. On the HTS7111 is a BDP7600 connected as well, but I don't think that this is the reason.

meme80
03-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Installed but so far NO IMPROVEMENTS.

The list of missing features is long:

- overall speed impromevents (net tv first)
- 1 button to show the channel info. you could use the existing one but instead of short press Teletext and long press channel info it would be better to do vice versa. how many times per day you look at channel info? I belive that it is more then the time you look at Teletext.
- Better channel info behaviour: it is not acceptable that all the screen goes BLACK. No other trademark do like this. Please implement a upper bar like this (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7482/esempioo.jpg) to show only Channel, Channel Title, start-end time, picture quality (SD/HD), video size (16:9 or 4:3).
- From the channel info allow to see what's on the other channel (using the lower/upper) arrow without moving to the other channel.
- Better video file support.
- mkv subtitles support
- second audio track support (come on we are in 2012!!!)

deemona
03-13-2012, 04:52 PM
TV shut down during 3D SBS playback from USB and attempting to turn on 3D is still not fixed. Wondering anybody would at least comment "OK, it's a bug, we know confirm that"

Volly
03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
deemona
This is not corrected by software. This hardware problem. Make RMA... and buy another brand TV. Toshiba for example.

andreas754
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a 47PFL7606 and the latest firmware didn't fix the following issues yet:

- While trying to watch 3D content (SBS) either from DLNA or USB or Net TV (i.e pre-installed youtube application), the TV goes blank and restarts in analogue TV mode, as other users are reporting also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WdrpVLxLUo

- While it displays external subtitles from avi files on USB, it doesn't display external subtitles from DLNA. We need full support for avi, mkv, x264

The above are standard features on Samsung and LG of equivalent and cheaper models. Philips should respect it's customers and make a "working" version of the firmware that includes the above features. (and no, it's not a hardware problem, it's a firmware problem that should be addressed immediately)

Mert
03-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Guys,

From my perspective;

Negative:
It can't find or read some video files that could be played previously, from usb or dlna anymore

Remains unchanged:
Unable to display some Turkish characters in subtitle like "şğı"

And I am waiting for the following improvements:
Displaying up to 1080ix2 (L/R) resolution for 3d like LG do with the firmware update to their FPR panels
Ability for jumping to desired position in the video file via entering timestamp
Swapping left/right eyes in 3d (We rotate than wear the glasses )
Different audio track selection in video
Video playback support for Facebook
Flash support in the browser
Multipurpose sdcard usage (For example buffering for YouTube and other video files)
Skype and usb camera support

Jason6
03-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I want back the message (like in FW ...14.76) when 3D Movie starts: Do you want to switch into 3D modus? So i can save a lot of clicks on the remote.

cheathamg
03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
014.096 doesn't allow me to switch audio channels when viewing broadcasts from my satellite provider (SKY Germany).

Last week I loaded firmware 000.014.096.000 and now I can't open multiple audio channels!.?!.
Shortly after upgrading the software I realized that I can no longer select the additional audio channels that are transmitted by Sky . Before loading 000.014.096.000, I could switch between German and English and... However, now the option to change the audio language is greyed-out and no longer available.

I would really appreciate some assistance / advice that will allow me to again switch between the German and the Original Version (audio) channels while watching SKy broadcasts.

My television is a 40PFL6626K/02.

whoppi
03-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Sometimes nettv is really slow.
otherwise im quite happy with my philips tv.
Does anyone know if i can try something like "clear nettv cache" on the 46pfl6606t?
and how is that done if its possible?

Anticross
03-18-2012, 06:22 AM
As I see in change list the bugs are not fixed:
Model 47pfl7606t/12.

Bugs:
1.If i set 3d when playing from usb TV restarts.
2.when I plying 3d content from Laptop connected to hdmi. When watching over-under I need first set side-by-side and the over-under to take effect. When only press over-under there is no effect.
3.When trying to play mkv files with DTS sound it not starts and shows "unsupported format". If I play this file using laptop and hdmi connection TV plays sound and video.
4. When playing mkv file with some bad-frames in middle player stops and switches to next file. It can't skip that frames and continue playback or make ff.

Also I find one more: 5. if i watch 3d vidio using hdmi till long time(one hour and maybe more) tv switches to non 3d mode by itself,and then i need to switch it back to 3d and continue watching.

But now I will download 96 firmware update and test it mabe some bugs are gone or find some new :)

Also I would like to ask you to make this features it is really usefull:
1. Change audio tracks in video that support more than 1 language.
2. Change subtitle language in video that support more than 1 language.
3. Wake up timer when has no Internet connection(I can't get access to TV guide beacouse a have no internet at home).
4. Save current video file state to play file from saved place when switching back from tv mode or satellite tuner.
5. DTS audio support or at least playback video with no sound.
6. Some bug tracker on web because I really want to Phillips make it's products better and beleive that you can do it.
7. Make basic file manager functionality: move, copy, paste, deleate, rename files. It's helpfull when I want to move my video from usb-flash in first usb port of tv to usb-hdd in second.
8. It will be good if some Philips TV SDK will exist. Beacouse if your programmers can't fix bugs,maybe someone can fix it.

desight
03-18-2012, 01:39 PM
42pfl7606 it was a mistake to buy it
i have a lot of problems!... almost same problems as a every one here experience
i thing it`s really mean that something goes wrong with philips firmware

1) No sound when switching HDMI outpots after mute a TV speakers (need to restart TV) BAD!

2) NetTV random hang/crash, work very slow, some time reboot my tv

3) Browse PC works very slow,hangs,crash some time and reboot TV

4) Watching 3D via USB in build-it TV player is a disaster!!! some time impossible to view!! Ghosting is all around and every where

5) In PS3 gaming when trying to switch from 3D back to 2D some time TV dont do it automaticly and i getting broken green light image instead of normal 2D and also not allow me to switch it manualy from the remote! it remain on second option from left in remote menu 2D / 3D an a first one is not allowed till i restart! BAD!

P.S.i get some of this issues (for exaple a 3D bug and sound drop) after installing 000.014.093 FW
that not was in older firmware
i very angry and disappointed

V4Mp
03-19-2012, 07:53 AM
I can confirm very heavy ghosting. Havent had it with versions befor 14.093. Now with 14.096 it is very very strong.

I can confirm that nettv is still slow, but the device is a little bit faster than befor 14.096.

Overall, I am so disappointed with the unit. I wish I could just get my money back. This is simply an impertinence what is being done by Philips.

The best is still that they do not even learn from it. The new 2012 models have already received a new firmware, with similar errors.

These programmers should be dismissed. This is a shame for such a company.

Anticross
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
So I ask official Philips support, and there was an answer:

Hello

Thank you for contacting Philips, regarding your Television.

Withsome of the issues you mention, firstly I'd recommend updating the software.
The link below has the update and full instructions.

https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?scy=UA&slg=ENG&sct=7000_SERIES_FLAT_TV_SE&cat=TELEVISIONS_CA&grp=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR&pars=,VARSET=SR_NUM:50-999528409,VARSET=AGENT_LOGIN:EUSANDELLB,VARSET=AGE NT_ID:1E-E1XEQ6,VARSET=ACTIVITY_ID:1E-GJHFID&session=20120319114852_161.85.124.45&ctn=47PFL7606T/12&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

On your first point, the TV doesn't support watching 3d through the USB.

To test the other 3D related issues, you would need to use anothe source, such as a 3D Blu-ray.
I suspect here is an issue with the files, rather that the TV.

If you have any more problems,I suggest you call the Ukraine Philips on +38 0562 32 00 45
Quoting your reference number 50-999528409
We are open 8.30am to 8pm week days, and 9am to 6pm Saturdays.

Kind regards
Ben
Philips Technical Support

So who lies about USB-3d support ? As you can see "officialy":
1. TV doesn't support watching 3d through the USB.
2. To test the other 3D related issues, you would need to use anothe source, such as a 3D Blu-ray.
(So officially they can say: "Something wrong with your laptop, please check with our bluray player").

Philips - Thomas
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey Anticross,

sorry to say but 3D via USB is supported since 14.76 FW.
For the test, for sure you should test other sources like blu ray players. They dont have a Graphics card like a PC.
This Graphics card decides if you are able to watch 3D content with your TV.
And for Grpahics Cards: wrong Driver > no 3D, wrong settings > no 3D etc.
For Blu ray Players: works straight away.

Regards
Thomas

Anticross
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I have already installed 14.95 firmware but still has no 3d over usb, I also update help file to last version, and there was notice about that this model has no support 3d over usb.

Toengel
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi,

as far as I know, 3D over USB works only if you have the following resolutions:

Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom
- 1920x1080
- 1280x720

Of course the codecs need to be supported. So, if e.g. DTS is not supported and consequently the file will not be played.

You also need to activate the 3D mode manually.

Toengel@Alex

Anticross
03-20-2012, 05:10 AM
as far as I know, 3D over USB works only if you have the following resolutions:

Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom
- 1920x1080
- 1280x720
I tried this format. The movie starts, but when I switch it to 3d mode - picture freezes and TV restarts. I try more than one file. My friend has Samsung Smart tv and have no problems with this files, and much less problems with software at all with his Samsung.

Philips - Thomas
03-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Hey Anticross,

just use this tool: mediainfo
and copy the analysis into a PM to me.

Thanks
Thomas

desight
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey Anticross,

sorry to say but 3D via USB is supported since 14.76 FW.
For the test, for sure you should test other sources like blu ray players. They dont have a Graphics card like a PC.
This Graphics card decides if you are able to watch 3D content with your TV.
And for Grpahics Cards: wrong Driver > no 3D, wrong settings > no 3D etc.
For Blu ray Players: works straight away.

Regards
Thomas

And i can confirm that all work fine in 14.84, just to notice... nothing was changed in my configuration
all remains same... TV, laptoop and PS3! and also my collection of 3D movies not changed , some of them i finish to watch entirely via USB with may family without any problems and heavy ghosting
now is difficult to watch them even several minutes!!! annoying! you see 2 images, 80-90% like you are watching without glasses!
also i checked 3D via laptoop and the PS3, thanks god... seems that it`s fine
the only thing that not work at all, is the sound from laptoop when switching to 3D.
maybe its another bug of FW (laptoop connected with 3.5 cable to headphones "in")
and no matter if you switch it back to 2D, to gain sound back you need to restart TV (like a always)

leobruno
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi Thomas/everyone!

I can't download the firmware 14.096 from Philips brazilian websites. I went to Support area, searched for my model (32PFL7606D/78) but when I clicked the result it says "the product isnt available at the moment".

If I browse by the Phillips portal (Consumer > Products > Sound & vision > TVs > 7000 series, click on my model and so click on Support tab) I see no information, just a search form.

All my tries was on the brazilian websites, despite the descriptions in English.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Leonardo

desight
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi Thomas/everyone!

I can't download the firmware 14.096 from Philips brazilian websites. I went to Support area, searched for my model (32PFL7606D/78) but when I clicked the result it says "the product isnt available at the moment".

If I browse by the Phillips portal (Consumer > Products > Sound & vision > TVs > 7000 series, click on my model and so click on Support tab) I see no information, just a search form.

All my tries was on the brazilian websites, despite the descriptions in English.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Leonardo

Hey man!
i heard about brazilian support... in some post that your model have not supported!
only EU model is supported at this forum!
maybe something was changed... but this what i know!

leobruno
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi desigh!

I just didn't understand if you mean that Philips doesn't support my model anymore or just that I will not find help for it this forum. Sorry, I got confused. :confused:

Thank you for the quick response.
Leonardo

desight
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi desigh!

I just didn't understand if you mean that Philips doesn't support my model anymore or just that I will not find help for it this forum. Sorry, I got confused. :confused:

Thank you for the quick response.
Leonardo

not sure about your model... but i think this forum only support EU models
i saw this answer in one of posts from philips technician!
but if you want to upgrade ypur FW (in general i not recommend you) you can try to download EU build, i think it must look like that 32PFL7606H/60
if i am not wrong, there is no big difference between them! and you not need to install FW with exace latter in the end

PS but i`m not sure! =)

leobruno
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Well...

It seems to be a global forum... And the letter/code suffix in the model indicates the country and region the model is designed for. I believe this doesn't implies in a different hardware but different firmware (or configurations in it). Something like DVD playback regions, you know.
So, may not be a good idea upgrade to a EU firmware model.

I'm still waiting for some "official" word from Philips. Anyways, thanks again for the help :)

Leonardo

Philips - Thomas
03-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Hi

indeed this Forum is for European models only, like we wrote on the main page in the TV category subtitles!
Also please do not use the FW we are talking in here for your TV, that will not work.
If you have any questions please contact the local Support in Brasil www.philips.com/contact.

Thanks
Thomas

Vitux
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
TV shutdown many times during youtube app usage and no USB keyboard support... :mad:

leobruno
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi

indeed this Forum is for European models only, like we wrote on the main page in the TV category subtitles!
Also please do not use the FW we are talking in here for your TV, that will not work.
If you have any questions please contact the local Support in Brasil www.philips.com/contact.

Thanks
Thomas

Thank you, Thomas!

In fact I did not pay attention to the Forum basic informations. I just looked for a Forum and was redirected to here from some Brazilian site which made me think this was a global forum.

Many thanks, again.

Leonardo

kegon
03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Hello,

personally I gave up hope, that we get decent software from Philips.

A Recordings are not reliable
B Very slow switching channels
C Inability to change Channels with HD Remote for iOS
D Slow internet performance
E Questionable GUI-fication
F Changing channels, the TV does not show what's on

Solution:
Hooked-up an MacMini with eyetv sat/netstream and an AppleTV
My Econova now only serves the picture - that's it.

My next TV just needs to be a monitor - to be honest - looked at the TVs of my neighbours. Grundig, sony... They are all the same. One of them has a very expensive Sony and the Software was only slightly better.

I wish you all good luck with Philip's software experiments

Hannes

leobruno
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Hello,

personally I gave up hope, that we get decent software from Philips.

A Recordings are not reliable
B Very slow switching channels
C Inability to change Channels with HD Remote for iOS
D Slow internet performance
E Questionable GUI-fication
F Changing channels, the TV does not show what's on

Solution:
Hooked-up an MacMini with eyetv sat/netstream and an AppleTV
My Econova now only serves the picture - that's it.

My next TV just needs to be a monitor - to be honest - looked at the TVs of my neighbours. Grundig, sony... They are all the same. One of them has a very expensive Sony and the Software was only slightly better.

I wish you all good luck with Philip's software experiments

Hannes

Thanks, man!

I have almost the same problems plus the Ambilight Spectra 2 that works like Ambilight Spectra 1, showing just one color per side. Many customers in Brazil has this problem whith 7000 series TV models.

Leonardo

kegon
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Greetings to Brazil,

Sorry that you are unhappy with your TV and that you are not in "Europe"... Ukraine, Israel seem to be in Europe for Philips ;-) Most likely they had to get chalk during their geography classes.

Hannes

leobruno
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Hi, Hannes!

That is true... They really don't like geography :)

Greetings to Germany!

Leonardo

Anticross
03-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Ukraine is Europe (Geografically) if you don't know, but the life level here is less then in some African countries.

watirofo
03-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello,

I bought a 32pfl7606 and a 37pfl7606 at the same time because i liked the picture very very much. Now I'm starting to play around with the features - and I really have to say "Never seen such a bad software". If this was my company I'd fired the programmers immediately. I'm very very unhappy with both devices. I wish I could get my money back.:mad:

Only some topics:

- time shift: pause key no longer works (both tv's different hard discs tested)
- channel sorting is horrible
- all internet activity works very slow
- the tv reboots after playing around some minutes with whatever
- NetTV (hbbTV, Youtube, ...) crashes very often
- videotext sometimes not available
- from time to time message "encrypted channel" and no picture (have to switch again)

Desperately missing feature:
- show "what is playing" with one key (could use the blue button)

Regards
Andreas

meme80
03-23-2012, 08:27 AM
- time shift: pause key no longer works (both tv's different hard discs tested)
- channel sorting is horrible
- all internet activity works very slow
- the tv reboots after playing around some minutes with whatever
- NetTV (hbbTV, Youtube, ...) crashes very often
- videotext sometimes not available
- from time to time message "encrypted channel" and no picture (have to switch again)

I'm 100% with you. I also experimented the problem of "encrypted channel" and no picture with the latest sw release.

And PLEASE add the channel info upper bar (do not black all the screen) with one button!!!

RomanSO
03-23-2012, 11:09 AM
When Philips will make a normal firmware at last?!!

My problems:
- The image not always fills the screen completely, I wouldn't choose what option of filling (a signal of digital TV goes on HDMI1)
- Slow operation of TV, switching off and switching off specially
- the Internet works at TV very slowly

Model 42PFL7606

matthias
03-23-2012, 12:57 PM

There is a workaround: I bought this remote (found one pretty cheap on ebay):
Philips Remote Control 2422 549 02362

It has a button, which opens the "What's on" Page (for digital channels) directly.
It also has a NetTV and a Picture Format button, which I find quite useful.

I bought that RC because the Channel Up/Down buttons stopped working for the original 7606-remote. (have to press veryvery hard now to make it work, so I guess it's a mechanical issue).

Unfortunately, that other RC has no "Adjust" button, so (that one button from) the original RC is required to activate 3D or to change Smart Picture/Audio settings.
Still, I think it handles much better than the "egg".

meme80
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
There is a workaround: I bought this remote (found one pretty cheap on ebay): Philips Remote Control 2422 549 02362

It has a button, which opens the "What's on" Page (for digital channels) directly.
It also has a NetTV and a Picture Format button, which I find quite useful.

Unfortunately, that other RC has no "Adjust" button, so (that one button from) the original RC is required to activate 3D or to change Smart Picture/Audio settings.

Are we realizing that as Customers we are trying to fix the errors of the Supplier?

Is this the real life or is this just fantasy?

We all agree on the fact that what people is most asking is:

- change the remote or at least improve the one suplied correcting the bug (on screen info, Picture Format button, etc..)
- screen info USABLE and not show a screen all black
- scroll of on screen info without changing the channel (all other TV can do it and also Philips previously models!)
- fast sw reaction (power on/off, NetTV usability)
- better video files support
- second audio tracks support

We are not asking the moon, we are asking what every TV should already have just out-of-the-box. Is there any philips person that can provide a reply/explanation of what Philips is going to do for this?

How can a such a good TV ( speaking about image quality) be damaged by such a poor software design and development?

andrej
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi,
Yes, yes, yes guys!
All this above mentioned is barking at the moon. Blank desire.
Why?
Well, soon will be middle of the year 2012 and new modell must be pop-out, with deficient software of course. Philips must maintain the primacy in front of the eastern brands. Is not true? Their programmers have now occupation to implement software for new modell, and they do not have much time to correct errors on older models, while guarantee enjoyment passed, so why harassing?
I agree, image quality and design are excellent, but unfortunately just this.
We update a firmware, tell them a result, yes, but we pay TV set at full price, dont you? We did not pay faulty TV, time spending in front of computers looking for new release of FW. It seems they working to slowly on issues. One year for two moth is passing till I bought TV, and same serious issues still present.

So, our experiences with FW v..xxxxxxxxxx continues till someone give up: we or them, or sue them for fraud. In modern country can do that.

matthias
03-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately, I agree. The programmers are most probably be occupied with the new models and they will only fix critical bugs.
So, the only option for us is to get Philips to include enough hooks to allow us to implement our own improvements.
E.g. OIPF defines not only how to design a Web Page for NetTV, but also how to access TV functions, including setting/listing channels, recording, use timeshift, etc. Unfortunately, it seems, not all of them are supported (yet?), which limits the options.

Samsung is doing a pretty good job with that, allowing to include Opera widgets in their menu. I wish Philips would do that, too.

L1Zeeman
03-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Hello,

Regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas (and others),

It is not clearly mentioned in the manual, but for my TV (32PFL7606H/12) I can access the now/next info by pressing the "Text/Info" button for 2-3 seconds.

Best regards,
Leen

Sundancer
03-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Leen, press; option, then press ok.
Much faster than holding 3 sec text/info button.

With fw 14.96 still the TV restarts after using some apps in NetTV.

meme80
03-24-2012, 08:36 AM
With fw 14.96 still the TV restarts after using some apps in NetTV.

Happened also to me.
The idea that now programmers are focused on 2012 TV models and therefore the "old" TV model will not be supported is not logical for me.

Philips has made a great chnage in their software, they decided to change the platform looking to what was available by other competitors. Therefore if now Philips will continue to develop on the base platform of 2011 then there is a hope for us to still see new improvements on the other hand if they will move to another sw base then it is for sure that we can forget any new update!

But Philips won't tell us for sure.

In a world where open sw is everywhere it would be good to see an announcment by Philips like this: "Hey people we are changing our sw developement from closed source to open source because we realized that keeping it closed is expensive and with poor results. Let's feel free to improve it as you like!".

B|G1
03-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I have 55ofl7606 with software 14.93.0 and with USB wi-fi

When selecting "update software through internet"
I get:
"No new software is avaible. The software on the tv is updated"

How can this be? When will it be avaible to download right to the tv?

nyehehe
03-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi,
Yes, yes, yes guys!
All this above mentioned is barking at the moon. Blank desire.
Why?
Well, soon will be middle of the year 2012 and new modell must be pop-out, with deficient software of course. Philips must maintain the primacy in front of the eastern brands. Is not true? Their programmers have now occupation to implement software for new modell, and they do not have much time to correct errors on older models, while guarantee enjoyment passed, so why harassing?
I agree, image quality and design are excellent, but unfortunately just this.
We update a firmware, tell them a result, yes, but we pay TV set at full price, dont you? We did not pay faulty TV, time spending in front of computers looking for new release of FW. It seems they working to slowly on issues. One year for two moth is passing till I bought TV, and same serious issues still present.

So, our experiences with FW v..xxxxxxxxxx continues till someone give up: we or them, or sue them for fraud. In modern country can do that.

We should start a separate thread on the forum with those who want to support financially to sue Philips for compensation. We should do this together on a high scale to do as much damage to this company so they should disappear from the market for this shameless behavior with their customers. They do not even respect by giving us a straightforward answer on the issues we post. Always the same answer: we are doing something wrong with their perfectly working tv set.

I agree with you andrej: Philips will not deliver any remedy for these issues so is time to act!!!!

nyehehe
03-24-2012, 09:45 PM
and I will start to do my best to bring down the sells of Philips tvs, by giving the worst recommendations on all the online stores here in Norway. I will not lie a word, just publish the truth on every channel available on the internet. Just because it is just a stressful experience each and every time I start this tv.

Nettle
03-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I have 55ofl7606 with software 14.93.0 and with USB wi-fi

When selecting "update software through internet"
I get:
"No new software is avaible. The software on the tv is updated"

How can this be? When will it be avaible to download right to the tv?

Hello,

the internet software update directly fron the TV is disabled since months.

You can download the latest fw version from the Philips support page of your country:

http://www.support.philips.com/support/search/search.jsp?fetchWhatData=CountryCategoryData&_dyncharset=UTF-8&userLanguage=no&userCountry=no&searchValue=55PFL7606

Let us know hot it goes.

Regards

Nettle
03-25-2012, 09:51 AM
We should start a separate thread on the forum with those who want to support financially to sue Philips for compensation. We should do this together on a high scale to do as much damage to this company so they should disappear from the market for this shameless behavior with their customers. They do not even respect by giving us a straightforward answer on the issues we post. Always the same answer: we are doing something wrong with their perfectly working tv set.

I agree with you andrej: Philips will not deliver any remedy for these issues so is time to act!!!!

Hello,

bring the unit back to the Technical Support Center ad ask for a full replacement of the TV with a new one.

We're speaking about a case of "Lack of conformity" IF (I highlight IF) they can't solve your issue (even in the technical support center).

IF they can't solve your issue and if they don't find an acceptable solution for you, ask for a consumers association's lawyer support.

It's free and it works very well. :)

Regards

nyehehe
03-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Hello,

bring the unit back to the Technical Support Center ad ask for a full replacement of the TV with a new one.

My tv set has also a hardware problem, the backlight can be seen in spots around the screen. When I asked the Customer Service for a remedy, they sent a technician who had no idea what to do he just came to pick the tv and have it sent for two weeks. I live near the second biggest city in the country and if I want to deliver it personally to a Philips service I have to travel 6 hours one way. Who will pay me for the travel? And I did not bought an expensive tv to see it's place for two weeks! So just bad solutions. No respect towards the customers.

B|G1
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I am very satisfied with Philips and my TV and I will sure buy a new 2012 model (if it has ambilight on all siden) =)

Why have you disabled the update through internet? My TV is wallmounted (slim wallmount) and it's a pain in the ass to stick the usb-pen into the right usb-slot :(

nyehehe
03-25-2012, 01:37 PM
I am very satisfied with Philips and my TV and I will sure buy a new 2012 model (if it has ambilight on all siden) =)

Why have you disabled the update through internet? My TV is wallmounted (slim wallmount) and it's a pain in the ass to stick the usb-pen into the right usb-slot :(

You can be satisfied if you select a tv channel and you do not touch any other button on the remote control. Then the tv is perfect, but if you want to use other functions that's the real pain in the ass. Like here in Norway can you see the content of all the channels in the IP-EPG the in TV-TV Program Guide? I have RiksTV Pakke and about 10 channels are not available. Or can you record programs without any problem? Is your usb hard disk always available for recording or do you have to connect it even if it is already connected. Does your tv restart when you are watching 3D content? Do you have to wait 10 minutes if you want to fast forward 1 hour in the movie that you stopped watching earlier? Does you YouToube application looks like a software done by secondary school pupil? Do you have to wait 5-6 seconds to change a tv channel? Does your "What's On?" information page looks like a crap? Can you see the Hbb (hybrid) content broadcasted by NRK1 here in Norway?
I would be satisfied with this tv if my answers could be YES for these answers, because the reason why I payed 1.100 Euro for this tv was to use these functions, not just watch the tv broadcast.
Sorry, but the software is a piece of shit on this tv.

csc
03-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Im so disappointed from my 7606k02. The video quality is great but the software around is horrible. There are many cheaper tv`s doing much better!!!!! Where are the basic functions like
- showing the channel info during switching?!
- Recording without Internet

B|G1
03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I understad... I live to in Norway. We all have different kind of setup.
I get my Get HD PVR box to record (Since GET don't allow customers to use their card into TV's etc)

It have never restarted when watching 3D... I haven't watched any 3D movies... only played 3D games with my PS3. I tried to download some 3D samples to try it on the TV, I connected the TV to my PC but it didn't work..

TV is connected to the receiver.

But I agree, we have paid a lot of money for software that isn't 100%.

Nettle
03-25-2012, 07:59 PM
My tv set has also a hardware problem, the backlight can be seen in spots around the screen. When I asked the Customer Service for a remedy, they sent a technician who had no idea what to do he just came to pick the tv and have it sent for two weeks. I live near the second biggest city in the country and if I want to deliver it personally to a Philips service I have to travel 6 hours one way. Who will pay me for the travel? And I did not bought an expensive tv to see it's place for two weeks! So just bad solutions. No respect towards the customers.

Hello,

that's why I was suggesting you to contact a consumers' assciation in Norway: their lawyer could support you in order to prepare a complaint for your defective TV.

Regards

Nettle
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM

You can use a usb cable extension.

Unfortunately our TV can't read the SD cards and the USB port is necessary even for an universal card reader (mini SD card, SD cards, etc...).

Regards

turanga
03-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Hello Philips,

i request an open source FW, again!

meme80
03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
like here in norway can you see the content of all the channels in the ip-epg the in tv-tv program guide? I have rikstv pakke and about 10 channels are not available. Or can you record programs without any problem? Is your usb hard disk always available for recording or do you have to connect it even if it is already connected. Does your tv restart when you are watching 3d content? Do you have to wait 10 minutes if you want to fast forward 1 hour in the movie that you stopped watching earlier? Does you youtoube application looks like a software done by secondary school pupil? Do you have to wait 5-6 seconds to change a tv channel? Does your "what's on?" information page looks like a crap? Can you see the hbb (hybrid) content broadcasted by nrk1 here in norway?
I would be satisfied with this tv if my answers could be yes for these answers, because the reason why i payed 1.100 euro for this tv was to use these functions, not just watch the tv broadcast.

big quote!!!!

andrej
03-26-2012, 02:18 PM
You can be satisfied if you select a tv channel and you do not touch any other button on the remote control. Then the tv is perfect, but if you want to use other functions that's the real pain in the ass. Like here in Norway can you see the content of all the channels in the IP-EPG the in TV-TV Program Guide? I have RiksTV Pakke and about 10 channels are not available. Or can you record programs without any problem? Is your usb hard disk always available for recording or do you have to connect it even if it is already connected. Does your tv restart when you are watching 3D content? Do you have to wait 10 minutes if you want to fast forward 1 hour in the movie that you stopped watching earlier? Does you YouToube application looks like a software done by secondary school pupil? Do you have to wait 5-6 seconds to change a tv channel? Does your "What's On?" information page looks like a crap? Can you see the Hbb (hybrid) content broadcasted by NRK1 here in Norway?
I would be satisfied with this tv if my answers could be YES for these answers, because the reason why I payed 1.100 Euro for this tv was to use these functions, not just watch the tv broadcast.

Agree!

Enough for Philips to start, and I would just to add among other things:

- better DLNA streaming with subtitles
- adjustable subtitles

I know that TV will never be a PC like, but, the speed with which Philips resolving errors is unsatisfying for me, because for three months my TV is out of guarantee and nothing solved. Even worse.

And, yes, an open source FW will be welcome.:) I think is some kind of Linux.

Bye.

RICHY
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes we want to open source FW. You cannot solve anything!!! It goes more worst.

Manuel
03-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyone in this forum know what kind a machine (€€€) and software its necessary to create and run tests on tv software.
Philips develops proprietary software (In this case NXP/trident) and make patents on that, and will put that kind of technology in public domain? LG do that? Samsung do that? any brand?
He need better software? I think so. Can he develop a working firmware for Philips Tv's? Its hard to believe in that. Can he help on some parts of firmware? Just if the original firmware was developed for that...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58962172/HC21.25.611.Osborne-NXP-PNX85500%20-%20Hot%20Chips%20Presentation%20-%20090825.pdf

Yes we want to open source FW. You cannot solve anything!!! It goes more worst.

Vitux
03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
NetTV crashes very often and tv goes off many times... :mad:

during USB playing doesn't exist a funcion to fast FFW and fast REW (x2, x4.... x16 like time shifting)... or a function that remember last played position... :mad:

nyehehe
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
NetTV crashes very often and tv goes off many times... :mad:

during USB playing doesn't exist a funcion to fast FFW and fast REW (x2, x4.... x16 like time shifting)... or a function that remember last played position... :mad:

Welcome to the place where madness meets you at every corner. The more you discover the more mad you will be. Who does not get mad with this tv is just watching the tv broadcast, because nothing else works as it should be.

Joerg
03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
where is the Hbbtv-feature ?? (an i mean the REAL one not the NETTV/SmartTV-option that simple isnot HbbTV).

In my case I can see just the same which is described here: http://www.hbbtv-infos.de/ so with my PFL5806 everything is OK regarding HbbTV.

Regards Joerg

nyehehe
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
In my case I can see just the same which is described here: http://www.hbbtv-infos.de/ so with my PFL5806 everything is OK regarding HbbTV.

Regards Joerg

Do you have HbbTv through the CI modul or from the outside receiver(decoder)?

Joerg
03-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Do you have HbbTv through the CI modul or from the outside receiver(decoder)?

I don't have a CI-module, I'm using the built-in DVB-S receiver. But as far as I know HbbTV is through the Internet.

Regards Joerg

Philips - Thomas
03-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Hi

HbbTV is both, Provider and Internet.
HbbTV Signals are transmitted through the Tuner, those Signals can refer to content which is also in the tuner signal.
But they can also refer to internet content which then ends up in nettv and f.e. zdf mediathek.

Regards
Thomas

myalp
03-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi,

We have two 47PFL7696K in the family.
Two days before during the night mine turned on by itself and I've been very surprised in the morning that is running (HDMI3 was selected, but got no signal because nothing connected there and I am 100% sure I turned it of at night with internal satelite receiver active). My parents told me that theirs turned on by itself during the day too.
Does anyone recognize the same feature? I am not really happy with this automation turning on feature, so I prefer to use the switch now every day to keep it of.

Thanks.
Christian

Nettle
03-28-2012, 07:46 PM
:eek:

A new Wake up function????

myalp
03-29-2012, 05:53 PM
seems so, without doing anything after the firmware update it happens by itself

Vitth
03-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi,

We have two 47PFL7696K in the family.
Two days before during the night mine turned on by itself and I've been very surprised in the morning that is running (HDMI3 was selected, but got no signal because nothing connected there and I am 100% sure I turned it of at night with internal satelite receiver active). My parents told me that theirs turned on by itself during the day too.
Does anyone recognize the same feature? I am not really happy with this automation turning on feature, so I prefer to use the switch now every day to keep it of.

Thanks.
Christian
Do I get you right. You watched TV with internal sat then went to standby and in the morning the TV was on and HDMI 3 was selected?

some speculations:

someone is playing a joke on you by turning it on through your window with a mobile phone with ir interface :p
there is a hidden wake on LAN or wakeup feature which goes crazy
or there was one or more power cuts and the TV forgot his last state for some reason

Philips - Thomas
03-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi

i can promise you that there is no hidden, wake on Feature on the TV ;).
However, what you have experienced can be caused by a several things, power cuts, other IR Devices sending informations etc.
I would try to check if that happens again, if so, make sure you have the TV on a single power outlet, also make sure that none IR capable Device is in the same room (remote, Mobile Phones etc)

Regards
Thomas

Slaviq
03-30-2012, 12:33 PM
My TV is: 55pfl7606T/12 FW:.096
To ALL who have problem with restart TV when try to play 3D content via USB or DLNA!
Yesterday I am try new ones to play 3d MKV. I was disabled Clear LCD option and other Perfect Motion options (they was disabled some times ago). What a miracle! When I try to select 3d options "Side by Side" or "Top/Bottom" tv is not restarted any more! I was trying on more than 15 3dBDrip 3,5-16 GB mkv files (720p -1080p с AVC, H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4). Played files via USB and DLNA (HomeMediaServer 1.21). Problem was gone!! Its solution helped some others people on forum.ixbt.com!
I am disappointed in the tech support, which for the year knowing about the problem of not able to find such a minimal and stupid decision.
For keep the previous utterance - software in Philips TV 2011 (for example 7000 series) - is a shit

Mert
03-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Anyone in this forum know what kind a machine () and software its necessary to create and run tests on tv software.
Philips develops proprietary software (In this case NXP/trident) and make patents on that, and will put that kind of technology in public domain? LG do that? Samsung do that? any brand?
He need better software? I think so. Can he develop a working firmware for Philips Tv's? Its hard to believe in that. Can he help on some parts of firmware? Just if the original firmware was developed for that...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58962172/HC21.25.611.Osborne-NXP-PNX85500%20-%20Hot%20Chips%20Presentation%20-%20090825.pdf

If Philips publish necessary SDK and source codes and application notes, talented programmers could develop (it doesn't need to explore America again) it easily.

TV platforms developing so fast like android, iTV, Linux based TV's on NVidia, AMD may be Intel hardware. So, current slow NXP/Trident platform patents going to be obsolete soon. It doesn't need to afraid from Chinese for copying this platform, I think they choose better platforms.

Current weak platform needs optimization. If you won't make, let someone to make it.

Local forums are fulfilled with complains, readers are shifting to other brands. Philips needs to wake up and do something magical.

mart331
04-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Why the sound drops???????

why so dark, now it is useless, can be much lighter!

egw222
04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
014.096 doesn't allow me to switch audio channels when viewing broadcasts from my satellite provider (SKY Germany).

Last week I loaded firmware 000.014.096.000 and now I can't open multiple audio channels!.?!.
Shortly after upgrading the software I realized that I can no longer select the additional audio channels that are transmitted by Sky . Before loading 000.014.096.000, I could switch between German and English and... However, now the option to change the audio language is greyed-out and no longer available.

I would really appreciate some assistance / advice that will allow me to again switch between the German and the Original Version (audio) channels while watching SKy broadcasts.

My television is a 40PFL6626K/02.

Same problem here.
Audio channels are not detected on EVERY encrypted channel (HD+ or Sky Germany).
Problem was introduced with the Firmware from February 2012 and still exists with 014.096.

TV:Philips 42PFL7406K/02
Receiver: SAT

Sorry Philps but where is your quality control?
Any help would be appreciated.

mart331
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Why the sound drops???????

why so dark, now it is useless, can be much lighter!

Philips edited my post.
Now my post has become useless....

Sound drops when viewing EPG (non internet)
Too dark live-TV image when viewing some menu's

Philips - Thomas
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi mart133

your posts have been merged as it makes no sense to to talk about the same thing in 2 different threads.
The content of your Posts has not been changed!
If you want to do that, to make your posts more clear to other users, you can use the "Edit Post" Button.

Regards
Thomas

RomanSO
04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Question to Thomas.
The TV 42PFL7606 is based on a matrix of LG and supports computer 3D games under condition of use of the videocards by nVidia. Why there is support 3D no technology from ATI - 3DHD? As far as I know, the question is solved by software only.

thijskl
04-04-2012, 07:56 AM
definitely my first and last philips tv.. ever. Horrible firmware updates, these sound drops are harsh.

Philips - Thomas
04-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi RomanSO

we don't "support" 3d Games via Nvidia and it is not true that we don't support AMD Graphic Cards...
In fact it does not matter which Card you use. If you can set your Graphic Card to a mode that the 3D Signal is transmitted in a way the TV can work with it it will work.

It is true that so far I personally only know 1 Software which ensures frequently that this will work, this Software is from nvidia.
But
that does only mean that AMD(ATI) did not have published a Software so far (to my knowledge).
If they would, you could also use those Cards.
But again, that has nothing to do with "Philips does Support or Philips does not support"

Give the right Signal to the TV and everything works fine!

Thomas

afr
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM
definitely my first and last philips tv.. ever. Horrible firmware updates, these sound drops are harsh.

The same for me. I had in the last 20 years for ever Philips TV`s, but the 37PFL6606 is the last TV
from Philips. Since Christmas 2011 every FW-version killed my TV some pieces more.

wilih
04-10-2012, 02:25 PM
FW14.96.0 on a 32PFL7496K/02:
Wishlist:
- The programm-overview (Find) should be optionaly a listing, in the "memoryboard" as now there should be the channel-icons (e.g. ARD, RTL, Pro7...)
- When recording on USB-HD it should be possible to use Net TV or watch DVD
- The menues should "roll" - means: last point + down = first point
- On watching a Record from USB-HD there should be the possibilty to set a bookmarks (lowcost TVs and lowcost-receivers can do so!)
- as often written, there should be a "one-click-info-button" like in the app (!)
- the app should work correct (we are at 2.1.1, not at 1.0)
- The userinterface is ugly!
- PHILIPS should wake up an act, not only react! Others do. Design ist not all!
It is boring to read about all that "standards" that dont work on PHILIPS and the ignoranz of PHILIPS. There seems no interesst to do something!
That is very bad politik and ignorance against the customers!

nyehehe
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
FW14.96.0 on a 32PFL7496K/02:

The userinterface is ugly!

The user interface is the best in it's category!
I really don't understand what are you talking about?!
Best SMART TV ever!
Philips is the best!

Zdenek
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I would like see in czech language from USB port films with czech subtitles. Your player still uses wrong code page 1252 instead of east-europe=1250. I tell about it our dealer last 1/2 year, but nothing happends.

wilih
04-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi,
maybe "ugly" is the wrong word - but if You ever used Loewe (even my old TV was 15 years old), You might understand what I mean.
There are just simple things by using the TV. And Im not alone. The forum is full of points for doing it better (e.g. rotating menues, no direkt Info-Button - except in the "app" witch doesnt work correct, no channel-LIST , just the "memorys" and so on.
I dont think, that PHILIPS makes very different userinterfaces depending on the (price-)category.
And if You compare with other UI e.g. TechniStar, You can see how easy and intuitiv a UI can be.

Joerg*
04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Since I have updated to the firmware 14.96 it seems that the connectivity to the internet is much more stable. Prior the 14.96 the TV-Set showed me very often only the commissioning menu where I should adjust my internet settings again and again. Now I reach the NetTV Server everytime on the first attempt.

But I'm wondereing, because this has not been reported in the bugfix list of the changelog for 14.96.

Cheers

Joerg

Vitux
04-13-2012, 10:56 AM
The user interface is the best in it's category!
I really don't understand what are you talking about?!
Best SMART TV ever!
Philips is the best!

nyehehe, may be are you a philips employee??!! :rolleyes:

Software is buggy... NetTV is too slow... Media player has not
basic functions like fast seeking X2 X8... Many times TV doesn't
recognise time and seekeng information on movie files... etc etc...
Internet forums on the web are full of people not happy for Philips TV software!
I want remind you many people payed their TV much more than
1000 euros!!

doener
04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
i just updated my 55 7606k02 to fw 14.96.00

problems
-i still have the ambilight filickering with my ps3 and avatar (game) in 3D mode.
-youtube app crashes now the tv when trying to enable 3D (TV Restarts on every try)

fixed
+but now enabling 3D side by side on fullhd hdmi signal works always diretly.

Vitux
04-13-2012, 05:25 PM
i just updated my 55 7606k02 to fw 14.96.00

problems
-i still have the ambilight filickering with my ps3 and avatar (game) in 3D mode.
-youtube app crashes now the tv when trying to enable 3D (TV Restarts on every try)

fixed
+but now enabling 3D side by side on fullhd hdmi signal works always diretly.

yes, youtube app crashes when trying to enable 3D... TV automatically switch off...

Peter123
04-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Same problem with 42PFL7486K/02 and internal SAT receiver.
Firmware: 014.096

pic-o-matic
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
My tv reboots every 30 minutes or so when my network is plugged in. Since i removed ethernet connection 0 reboots. Maybe other people have same issues?. Personally i don't care, because i dont use internet on TV. I have a sat receiver connected through hdmi (dm800).

wilih
04-20-2012, 05:06 PM
I have a ThirdParty Remotecontrol. I dont know how to switch between the sources automatically because it can only be done with selcting the icon. It would be nice if every Icon becomes a number so you canbuild a macro that says "switch to input 2 on the TV" and "Start the DVD on the Player."

Philips - Thomas
04-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Hi

FW 14.97 will be launched soon, please use the latest FW and Discuss in the new Thread:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5678-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0-14-97-0-for-5806-6000-and-7000-series-%282011-models%29&p=31585#post31585

Regards
THomas
[close]