PDA

View Full Version : 3d crosstalk fix for Philips 46pfl9706 ?

Miltos2304
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Can a firmware update can solve the crosstalk for 46pfl9706 ?
Or i stuck with a bad 3d tv?

2d image is perfect. 3d is bad thought. Especially in the night scenes you can't watch the picture. The crosstalk is so much that the image is out of focus. And is not a problematic set. I saw the image in 3 different 46pfl9706 over the store and all look identical.

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Can a firmware update can solve the crosstalk for 46pfl9706 ?
Or i stuck with a bad 3d tv?

2d image is perfect. 3d is bad thought. Especially in the night scenes you can't watch the picture. The crosstalk is so much that the image is out of focus. And is not a problematic set. I saw the image in 3 different 46pfl9706 over the store and all look identical.

Did you turned off other light sources around the TV?

Miltos2304
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Can you explain what you mean light sources arround the tv? :)

Iam watching the tv mostly on night with all lights off if that answers your question.

Are you happy with the 3d of this TV? Especially in the dark areas.

DerShortyy
03-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Can you explain what you mean light sources arround the tv? :)

Iam watching the tv mostly on night with all lights off if that answers your question.

Are you happy with the 3d of this TV? Especially in the dark areas.

Hi,
yes you are right thats what i've meant if you watch in the dark.
i have to admit that i never tested 3D. There are 2 reasons the only movie i like to see in 3D is Avatar but this movie isn't available because panasonic got its hands on . Second reason is that pta516 is hardly available in germany and the first ones had this buzzing noise issue

petasis
03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
No, don't expect the 3D performance to be fixed.

ali54
03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
i think its possible for the 3d to be fixed buy softwear update but it might come at cost of 2d pictuer degreading

Miltos2304
03-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi,
yes you are right thats what i've meant if you watch in the dark.
i have to admit that i never tested 3D. There are 2 reasons the only movie i like to see in 3D is Avatar but this movie isn't available because panasonic got its hands on . Second reason is that pta516 is hardly available in germany and the first ones had this buzzing noise issue

I bought pta516 2 weeks ago. Delivery from greece. Cant find them in Cy . And havent notice any buzzing sound.

Anyway, the dissappointing part is that with such expensive TV i was waiting to have the best of both worlds. 2d and 3d..

The best 2d can be achieved with lot of trouble playing with settings and 3d...well....it sucks.

Philips must take care of this in the future products. I paid a lot of money for this TV and i feel that i purchase the wrong TV........

Despite all the reviews and the futures of the TV this model has lots of faults. (sorry for my english btw)