PDA

View Full Version : player hangs

rob.mcleod
03-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi,
recently played the Blu Ray of "Game of Thrones", rented from LoveFilm. Watched it quite happily for an hour or so and then stopped it to go do something else. Now when I try to re-start it, the player hangs and shows the word "play" on the display screen, won't respond to any controls and has to be turned off at the mains in order to restart and remove the disc.
Other discs play normally.
I already have most recent update from Philips website installed.
Anybody have any ideas?
thanks

dalmate
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Yep, same here. Only happens on my game of thrones discs. I have added this to the "Is your Blu ray disc not playing back? " section here - http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3108-Is-your-Blu-ray-disc-not-playing-back/page5&highlight=thrones.

Dont think its just us with the problem either. Like yourself i am on the latest firmware.

rob.mcleod
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
oddly, after scrummaging around on the net for ages looking for solutions, in desparation I took the disc and gave it a damn good thrashing (well, a bit of a clean on my T shirt) and it worked fine.
Go figure
cheers,
Rob.

dalmate
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Thats Odd - mines brand new so cant be the quality of the disc as its spotless

rob.mcleod
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Yep. Weird innit? Give it a try though. Maybe mine is residual weirdness in my player from watching series 1 of Fringe

honeymonster
03-22-2012, 01:34 PM
I guess the conclusion is that the disc itself has authoring issues?:)

rob.mcleod
03-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I guess the conclusion is that the disc itself has authoring issues?:)

being a bit ignorant, I'm not quite sure what that means. Do you mean that there is something faulty in the way it's been coded?

honeymonster
03-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes that is right - if you search Google for the title of the movie and authoring issues, you will find many examples of problems where the DVD or Blu-ray does not meet agreed international software standards.

backhandguga
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
This is intteresting. Companies making these should be sued for not following standards. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png

honeymonster
02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
exactly, not all discs adhere to the required international standards for authoring