PDA

View Full Version : "PC Mode" greyed out in the options menu

Lajehto
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I have 40PFL6636T/12 with the newest firmware available from your website(14.96, if I recall correctly).

Usually I have the TV connected to my laptop via HDMI and your support website for the TV recommends that I use the "PC mode" while using it as a monitor for the computer. Unfortunately this option is greyed out in the menu and I can't choose it.

Why is this and how can I fix it?

sngbcn
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi Lajehto,

Probably the support website is not clear enough. PC mode (as I have experienced) refers to two situations:

1. You add a device in the home menu and as "device type" you choose "PC".--> In this scenario the setting inside TV Settings > Picture will be disabled (You already told the TV you have connected a PC!)

2. You don't add the device to the home menu, or maybe you added it as something different to PC because you will use it most of the time to playback videos, for example. Then you'll have the above mentioned option enabled.

But there is something really important here:

What this setting do is basically turn off "overscan". Nothing else. So, is this what you want to do? or do you have another issue that you are looking to fix with this setting?

Regards,

Lajehto
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Thought it might have something to do with this problem I'm having
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5189-Laptop-HDMI-TV-connection-video-audio-reset-issues

But apparently not. Guess it's a graphics card/driver issue then.