PDA

View Full Version : After update Fidelio APP does not wake me anymore

Friedijk
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
The recent update of the fidelio app has killed it's usability. We now have a nice new logo to click, but a useless app and expensive sound device.

With the previous update several regressions already appeared but now it's even worse.

I used to put the iPhone into stanby mode (app in foreground yet screen off by pressing the on-/off switch. It seems that the app must now stay active and "lit" throughout the night, but I like my bedroom dark!

How fast will you please restore the usability?

basssment
03-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I've experienced the same problem.
Even when the app is running and a mention from facebook apears in the display the fidelo app doesn't function anymore!
and in the old app the phone could be in mute for the alarm to work!

Muccie
03-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Same problem here as well! Deeply disappointed again with Philips: the iPhone/iPad app MyRemote 2.0 is buggy as hell, consumes incredibly amounts of memory. My Streamium set becomes worthless from 23-3-2012 the next 3 months because Philips is 'late' in releasing a new firmware for the changes Napster has announced long time ago. And now the 'Fidelio' app became cripled..... There is a Dutch saying: als je het niet kunt, moet je het niet doen: if you can't do the trick, don't: that is what Philips however forgot: it is that I love Ambilight, but after this I am again on the point to ditch EVERY Philips product from my home, including all bulbs.Philips: stop using your customers as testing-service, or pay them for that, but stop this madness !!!

Philips - QK
03-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Dear all,

Just to clarify, do you all refer to the DockStudio apps or it's still the Fidelio apps?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
03-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Dear all,

I have just now tested the apps with the software engineer.
Please check the following:

1) Go to settings in your iPhone/ iPod/ iPad
2) Select Notifications
3) Select DockStudio under the Notifications
4) Make sure you put all settings On in the DockStudio (Badges, Sound, Banners)

If you do not see DockStudio under Notifications, there may be some settings issue right after your download.
1) Try deleting and re-installing the apps.
2) After download, open the apps.
3) Click on Ällow location notification, and then click on OK.

Having the notification set, the alarm should work fine. If you still experience any issues, please do not heasitate to let us know.
We will also look into possibilities to improve this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Muccie
03-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Dear all,

Just to clarify, do you all refer to the DockStudio apps or it's still the Fidelio apps?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

I refer to the 'Fidelio' app, the latest version that is renamed now as DockStudio.

The DockStudio app did not show up in my Notifications settings (I upgraded the app) amd after delting and reinstall it now show up in the Notifications, so there is the bug in the app installer!

And very confuding: in the Apple iTunes app store the app is still called Fidelio and NOT DockStudio!

Philips - QK
03-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Hi Muccie,

Thanks for your comments.
We have already taken this as a bug and are currently planning new upgrade to have it resolved.
For the app naming issue in the Apple iTunes app store, we have double checked that the app has renamed to DockStudio, and the name Fidelio is not used anymore. Apologies for the confusion caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Muccie
03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/fidelio/id355645426?mt=8

Are you sure ??? The app still is named Fidelio in the (German) app-store !

Oscar
03-27-2012, 02:47 PM
That looks like a problem on the German page then since in English it looks ok..

Philips - QK
03-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Hi Muccie,

Thanks for your information provided. As Oscar said, this has been changed in the English page. I have forward your message to our apps support team. I will let you know if there's any feedback from them.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation team

Awesome
03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I just bought the DS1200 set yesterday to use it together with my IPad2 (with the latest IOS version installed). The hardware is nice: good sound, nice light, nice hidden clock behind the casing and even the possibility to charge my phone with the USB connection at the back!

But I am a bit (..) disappointed about the quality of the software.

First of all, the DockStation software is only available under the name Fidelio in the Dutch appstore.

Then, the alarm clock function does not function with iPad turned ‘off’. If it is time to wake me up, only the church bells are running for a short period (say 10 seconds). And this is NOT the sound I put under the alarm (it was the birds I selected). Then the alarms stops until I enter my password on the iPad. Only then the alarm is really activated.

This is also the behaviour when selecting the ocean sound or an iTune on my iPad2.

I also just noticed that when an alarm is active (when the DockStation app is active and shown, the alarm clock sign is lit on the docking station) and I close my docked ipad, suddenly the alarm clock sign on the docking station is NOT lit anymore. But the alarm IS active, it will sound using the church bells. Please let the clock be lit.

And I noticed something else also (testing and writing this comment). I set the volume level on both my docking station and on my I pad in the middle (level 15 or so) and I activate an alarm and close my docked iPad. Then when my alarm rings (those not selected bells) I log in on my ipad. Then the selected sound will sound (and the selected picture is shown with the snooze and stop alarm button). It start on volume level 1 and then goes to level 2 etc. when I stop the alarm at level 2 both the sound level on my ipad and my docking station are left to 2! Strange, this should be level 15, the level that I (the owner of the iPad and docking station) selected, not the sound level at which I stopped the alarm.

This all is strange behaviour for an alarm clock…

This app is not exactly a minimally viable product because too much other non-alarm clock features are added : http://www.techdays.nl/AgendaDetail.aspx?cid=2415 . But it’s sold just as a nice alarm clock application so fix that first! Only then, implement other nice feature people need when going to bed or waking up also.

And I am wondering why the Facebook and Twitter integration is there. I was thinking about seeing the latest tweets/ Facebook messages from my friend when waking up. But it seems to be used to twitter which song I am listening to. That is not exactly the first thing I am thinking of when waking up in the morning.

And also fix the little alarm clock icon at the bottom of the app. I does not react when clicked on, it only tells an alarm is active. It is not centered at the bottom of my iPad2… And can it be changed into a snoozing alarmclock (whatever that may be) when I put the current alarm into snooze instead of stopping it. I do not get any feedback. Now I have to come back minutes later when I already left the bedroom to unsnooze the alarm.

And for some reason the volume dialog for the play list cannot be hidden. I like the background pictures but they are hidden behind this dialog which has no meaning when no sound is played.

Last thing, sometimes (undocked) I get an Airplay icon at the bottom shown. But when trying to use the webdav of my NAS, I get the message “accessory not supported”. The icon disappears when docking into the DS1200. Why?
I want to give you the chance to fix this. Again, I like the hardware, now fix the software and the complete combination will be a nice alarm clock other brands do not have. It took me 50 minutes to find all the stuff above.

Regards,

Sander (DS1200 buyer and one time tester)

Philips - QK
03-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Dear Sander,

Thanks a lot for your comprehensive testing report. Please see my remark in purple below.

1. Naming) In German & Dutch app store, the app is still named Fidelio instead of DockStudio.
This has been taken up by the software team as mentioned earlier. If we have more updates, we will let you know asap.
[30 Mar] This will be fixed by the next release.

2. Sleep timer) After leaving the app by closing the Smartcover, the sleep timer won’t function to stop music/ audible book playback.
Software engineer replied that this is normal if one switch DockStudio to the background and then close cover. He will further look into this and will get back to us asap.
[30 Mar] There will be a dialog box in iOS older than 5.1 asking not to put the DockStudio apps in the background so as to have the sleep timer functioned. However, this dialog box is lacking in iOS5.1. This will be added in the next update. I am now asking if it is possible to have the sleep timer functioned even though apps have been put to background.

3. Ringtone) No matter what alarm tone is selected, the alarm ringtone will be “church bell” if the DockStudio isn’t active.
Waiting for software team's input.
[30 Mar] This will be fixed in the coming version.

4. Clock icon on the DSxxxx ) The alarm icon on the DSxxxx will not be lit up if exit DockStudio, this will be mistakenly understood as the alarm is not on.
[30 Mar] This is valid and we can reproduce. Looking into possibilities to enable so in the future updates.

5. Sound Volume) Say the iPhone volume and the DSxxxx volume to be sync at 15 at the beginning. When the alarm rings, the volume is set to 2. This volume 2 will be stayed on the iPhone, i.e. when play music, the volume will be at 2, instead of 15.
[30 Mar] This cannot be reproduced. The volume will gradually go up from level 1 to the level that you have set.

6. Volume dialog) The volume dialog cannot be hidden while the playlist is playing.
Have tested and cannot reproduce issue. Dialog can be closed just by tabbing on it. If you still have this issue, appreciate if you can upload us some screenshot for better understanding.

7. Airplay icon) Airplay icon is in the DockStudio when the iOS device not docked.
Since DS1200 does not support Airplay, the Airplay icon should not be available. Would like to understand that if there are any Airplay enabled devices around so that you can see the icon. Please advise. We will be appreciated if you can upload us some screenshot for study.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Added updates as per 30 March in green

Awesome
03-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Hello Philips QK

Thanks for your quick response. Here are my comments:

2. I do not have or use a smart cover. I leave the dockstation app open but just ‘close’ the iPad by putting it to black (pressing the ipad hardware button on top of it).
6. I have added a screenshot. How can I hide that big dialog right in the middle (you cannot miss it, it’s the one with the Daft Punk cover art on it). It stands in the way of the nice clouds which give me a more peaceful feeling when I try to fall in sleep :rolleyes:

6.a. At several screens there is a “now playing” button (pointing to the right). I seems to close the selection screen it is put on and shows the selection that is playing (the dialog behind it). But the “now playing” button on the “Local radio” selection screen does not respond.

7. Ok. I was unaware the DS1200 does not support Airplay. I have a Synology Nas and Airplay is on it and it is turned on. So when the iPad is undocked, the Airplay icon inside DockStation is visible. But for some reason airplay does not function, I get this message (see printscreen). When docked, the icon disappears, now I know why :(

Extra, I am trying to use the Twitter integration. I have a twitter account but the binding is very hard. First, after confirming I want to give DockStation access to my account, I get a code back from twitter. But this dialog is closed directly (within a second) so a certain code is lost… After several attempts I made a screenshot of it but the code is too big for the dialog. And I have to enter it somewhere. Now the request token is invalid or something else seems to be wrong. Please make this procedure simple by showing the (web?) pages in a bigger screen and not in the small popups which closes directly. Btw. Both Dockstation or Videlio are NOT showing up in the App page of Twitter so this procedure is essential. At the end Dockstation contains a logged in Twitter connection but this is useless. Another logout/login is useless.

Extra, I want to point to the dutch market place for the dockstation app. Please, look at the comments and reviews. I see a lot of disappointed users which need some attention. I think it is a **very** good thing to point them to this forum (the app support link in the appstore Fidelio page) instead of the generic Philips page. In short, they are warning eachother not to update and some other not so nice messages (..).

Regards,

Sander your underpaid Part-time DS1200 tester/owner

ps. several attachments are added! (had to reduce the sizes to get them uploaded)

Philips - QK
03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Dear Sander,

For issue #2, this is originated from another user here- http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5253-New-DockStudio-is-available&p=30070#post30070 . Have followed up with our software engineer. He said there will be a dialog box telling consumers not to exit the apps, or else the sleep timer will not function. This is now lacking in iOS5.1 version. We will make the dialog box available by the next release. Meanwhile, we are studying if the sleep timer will function when the app isn't in active.

For# 6, (thanks for your very nice screenshot!), we are sorry to tell you that the cover art cannot be hidden. For #6a, "now playing"button lead you to the radio that's now playing. To make it simple, for radio, it just means this menu will be closed and you will back to the radio screen.

For the Twitter & Facebook, software engineer said it's for consumer to share with other user that he is using Fidelio/ Dockstudio app. I have personally tried that on my iPhone and I found your findings valid (that 2 screenshot related to Twitter). I will follow this up with our software engineer and will get back to you on this.

For the extra point 2, it is true that the reviews of this apps may not be great. Now we link the users to a registration page and yes this does not sound useful. The URL will later change to our Philips support page and consumers can link to the forum from that page. Hope this helps. I have passed your "voice of consumer" to our support team. Hope this will be worked on soon.

Again, thanks for your reviews and comments that keep us improving our product/apps.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Awesome
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Dear Sander,

5. Sound Volume) Say the iPhone volume and the DSxxxx volume to be sync at 15 at the beginning. When the alarm rings, the volume is set to 2. This volume 2 will be stayed on the iPhone, i.e. when play music, the volume will be at 2, instead of 15.
[30 Mar] This cannot be reproduced. The volume will gradually go up from level 1 to the level that you have set.

I have an iPad2. Steps to reproduce:
ipad is docked; docstation is running and active; set volume on docking station and on ipad both in the middle (say 15); set an alarm for the next minute; close the ipad (screen turns to black); bells ring (alarm is running); slide to view/password; original correct alarm is starting to ring in steps; at step 2 press "Stop"; alarms stops; check the sound level: dockstation volume is nihil (2) and iPad volume is nihil.

i expect 15 again.

this is not seen when keeping the dockstation app running visible but that was not what i tested first :-)

Regards,

Sander

Awesome
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Dear Sander,

For# 6, (thanks for your very nice screenshot!), we are sorry to tell you that the cover art cannot be hidden. For #6a, "now playing"button lead you to the radio that's now playing. To make it simple, for radio, it just means this menu will be closed and you will back to the radio screen.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

I understand the function of "Now Playing". But your developer missed one button. Which one? Go to TuneIn Radio; look for the little circle which bring you to "Local Radio". The "now playing" button there is NOT reacting to click/press/touch event.

Regards,

Sander

Jozofa
03-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Hello,
I'm sorry but your new app doesn't work proprely !
I must leave the dockstation on to have the alarm.
I try all the configuration but it's still the same problem !
Fidelio worked fine why did you change ?
What can I do now ?

Philips - QK
04-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Dear Sander,

With your very detailed step, we can reproduce the issue #5. I will work with our software engine to see if this can be fixed shortly. Please bear with us for some time on this.

For issue #6, the button seems working fine for me. Correct me if this is not what you mean.

http://youtu.be/-Yn0zpojg2s

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Dear Jozofa,

Please find the below steps for setting the alarm active. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Dear all,

I have just now tested the apps with the software engineer.
Please check the following:

2) Select Notifications

If you do not see DockStudio under Notifications, there may be some settings issue right after your download.
1) Try deleting and re-installing the apps.
2) After download, open the apps.
3) Click on Allow location notification, and then click on OK.

Having the notification set, the alarm should work fine. If you still experience any issues, please do not heasitate to let us know.
We will also look into possibilities to improve this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Jozofa
04-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Sorry, but I do all the thinks you said and nothing change !

I have still the same problem, if I don't set the dockstation on "don't lock screen automatically" the alarm doesn't work.

I just have a notification on the lock screen but the alarm doesn't play the alarm.

With the old app Fidelio, I don't have this problem !

Jozofa
04-14-2012, 09:25 AM
So, no more answer ??

What is your solution for the alarm with the lock screen "on" on the iphone ?

If you don't have a solution, can I return my dock station ?

The system doesn't work proprely !

Philips - QK
04-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Dear Jozofa,

After a few more time testings on our sets, following these steps should work.
Could you tell us the product you are using; your iOS version; notification settings you have and the detail steps you have set your alarm?

Meanwhile a new firwmare is now under verification stage, it will be ready in the near future to fix the alarm issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
04-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Dear Jozofa,

Below please find a video captured.
Thanks.

http://youtu.be/sRwsL1JCOp0

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

clauditorium
04-19-2012, 03:58 AM
I've read your answers, but I don't see a solution to my problem. I have the same issue someone else mentioned - I set my alarm so that music would play when it goes off. Instead, the churchbells ring for ten seconds, and only then does the music start. I don't want to be awakened by churchbells - I want to be awakened by the music on my iPhone. And I DO make sure the app is running in the foreground (although of course, I turn off my screen).

Philips - QK
04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Dear clauditorium,

We have acknowledge the churchbell issues. According to the development team, they are now looking into fixing this in the future upgrades. We will inform you as soon as we have more information from the team.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Jozofa
04-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Ok, i’ll try to explain what’s the difference between the old application Fidelio and the new one Dockstation.

With Fidelio, you can put the alarm with your favorite song, cut the ring of your Iphone, put the Iphone on the dock station with the Fidelio application on the screen (running in the foreground) and let the phone turn in off (option in Fidelio “let the screen turn in off”).

With Dockstation application, if you don’t choose “don’t let the screen turn in off” or if you cut the ring of your Iphone, you have only a notification on the lock screen, but the alarm doesn’t work!

I have a Iphone 4S with the IOS 5.1

So I think it’s not so difficult to came back with the Fidelio application to resolve this problem ! :confused:

Thanks

JKK
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Dear Philips - QK,

I have same problem with Jozofa, and your solution as below is NOT WORK!

2) Select Notifications

The alarm still cannot work after the iPhone have screen locked.

It is the key function that why we purchase this product. So, please help to solve it ASAP! Thanks.

RonSpain
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Same problem: First night: NO wake Up ! No that is a nice thing for an apparel sold as a docking Station with alarm clock app!

Talking about DS3100/12 with dowloaded Fidelio iPhone app, on iPhone 4 , iOS actual 5.1

Read all the posts on this problem and have all ajustments as indicated by the QK mod.

Only one item not sure: In Notifications: Does the Alert Style (None, Stripes,Alerts) matter.?
-translation from Spanish iOS for those names.

I think the problem is the Auto Shutoff feature, even if i did leave the app in front, without closing the screen.
I found myself this morning with all shut off. One touch of the iPhone, brought me right to the snooze/stop screen, so the alarm did go off, but iPhone and DS were off.

EDIT Next day:
Must say that today wake-up call was OK.
Yes; the unit goes to sleep after 15min, BUT this morning it also auto-waked-up, so alarm OK.
I think this might have been a problem yesterday, caused by the alarm App I used before, which triggers at the sime time?
I uninstalled it and this morning all went ok.
This was done, going to sleep, leaving the app in front and without closing the screen.
As I say, this works, but the light during the 15m before auto shut-off is disturbing.

RonSpain
04-27-2012, 11:11 AM
How long will the testing of the announced new release of fidelio last?
I have 15 days to return my DS to the shop, so........

BTW: I say Fidelio, because Spanish Appstore also keeps the Fidelio name.

Philips - Remko
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi JKK and RonSpain,

First of all welcome on the forum to both of you! As said by my collegue QK we are currently checking with our support team.

Once we have more feedback we will come back to you.

Kind regards,

RonSpain
04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi JKK and RonSpain,

First of all welcome on the forum to both of you! As said by my collegue QK we are currently checking with our support team.

Once we have more feedback we will come back to you.

Kind regards,

Hi Remko,
Thank you for that quick reply! At least we know Philips is listening :)

Jozofa
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello Philips,

What I do not understand is that despite the explanations we give you, you do not give the old apllication (fidelio) pending a solution.

Is it so complicated?

Thanks.

julia
05-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Hello.

I am experiencing all the same problems the others are posting here. As seen also on http://bit.ly/K6VgzJ, we don't seem to be alone. Since I got the DS couple of days ago I like the hardware, but … I am very impatient: so when will you bring out an update of the bugfixes or this old version of Fidelio back? Do I have to return my product?

Thanks for a quick answer, Julia

PS: My hubby gave my this to replace my 20year old timer (actually that was a cool idea) but now he thinks I am too stupid to use the DS app....And I think my old timer isn't that bad…At least it was ringing in the morning…

Jozofa
05-09-2012, 09:28 AM
OUh ouh Philips, is that there was someone ?
Do you need an engineer or a developer ?
Unbelievable that you can not solve a small problem!
And now what do we do with this device ?

Philips - QK
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Dear users,

As replied on a similar topic (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?5253-New-DockStudio-is-available&p=32326#post32326), we are now working on a new version, this however may need to be approved again and hence will take time. Please bear with us some time for this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

RonSpain
05-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello:

Let's see if I can help Jozofa and other fellow users with my own experience.
Actually, for me, the Fidelio app is waking me up correctly, with sounds and with my own music.
How?
For me, after having followed the detailed instructions as mentioned in post of the Philips Moderator, the only thing you have to make attention is following:
Do NOT shut-off the screen! In stead, once the iphone installed in the DS, just wait for 15 min and the DS will auto-shut off, as well as the screen of your iPhone will close.
Both will auto-wake up when alarm goes off

So yes: It is a bit of a delay before your bedrooms gets dark, but as myself, I always read a book before sleeping, so :-)

OTHER SUGGESTION TO PHILIPS:
Please make that hands-free phone calls can be made with the iPhone docked, through the speakers of the DS!!

RonSpain
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM
New release came up today on my iPhone.

Philips: Please detail the changes made.

Thank you

Philips - QK
05-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi RonSpain,

The information I have is just:
1) Fixed alarm to push local notification to user while the App is not in foreground (non-active).
2) Fixed sleep timer issue while screen is locked but the App still riunning in background.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

RonSpain
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi RonSpain,

The information I have is just:
1) Fixed alarm to push local notification to user while the App is not in foreground (non-active).
2) Fixed sleep timer issue while screen is locked but the App still riunning in background.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

I really don't want to be nasty but: Do you progammers really test their releases?!?!
Don't think so.
Item 1) after screen shut down is still NOT working. Only church bells como up!

MOREOVER: After uprgrading yesterday, today I have NOT been woken up AT ALL!!

I had to delete all my programmed wake-up calls; then program then again from scratch before it is working again......... only as before the update.

Very bad note for your sofware guys!
It is really sad. I hope the software for Philips medical equipment is done by other people!!!

Jozofa
05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Are you kidding?

Your update does not solve the problem.

It's always the same, no alarm clock if you do not leave the screen on!

Incredible that you did not solve the problem.

You still have not understood that it was sufficient to put the first application Fidelio back?

Philips - Remko
05-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Dear users,

I have passed the info to the development team. I will inform you as soon as I have more information from the team.

Kind regards,

Philips - QK
05-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Dear Jozofa & RonSpain,

We understand that this upgrade does not solve all the issues reported in the forum, but the software team is working on those issues to see what possibilities there are. I will send you a PM to let you understand more.

For the alarm does not work issue, could you provide me these information so that I can feedback to the team? (I am asking because it works when we tested on iOS5.1 & iOS5.1.1 with DS1100 & DS1150)

iOS device model: e.g. iPhone 4S
iOS: e.g. iOS 5.1.1
DockStudio version: e.g. 2.2.4
Docking device used: e.g. DS1150/12

With thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Jozofa
05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Hello,
I found an application that works fine with the screen shuts down, it's Tik Tok and it's free.
They manage to make it work properly with Philips DockStation.

For your info, I have a Iphone 4S with IOS 5.1 and a DS1100.

So if Philips is unable to make proper application, there is another solution ....

Veke
05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I have the same problem, if screen is not lit, alarm does not work (only "church bell" from iOS side). Hopefully you find solution to this problem!

iOS device model: iPhone 4S 16GB
iOS: iOS 5.1.1
DockStudio version: 2.2.4
Docking device used: DS1100/12

Hywel
05-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Same problem or series of problems.
iPhone 3GS 16GB
iOS 5.1.1
Dockstudio 2.2.4
Device DS1200/98

1. Only bells will sound as the alarm. I tried setting to either the Water Ocean sound or something from the iPod library but just get bells whatever the setting. Tested with phone alone or docked to device with same problem. Note that, because of issues 3 and 4 below I tested this on the device with alarms set for 2 minutes away and blanked the phone before docking it. That's the only way to test docked as far as I can see.

2. Disable Auto-Lock doesn't work. With this set to ON I still get the lock screen when the alarm goes off. If I've only set the alarm for a few minutes time for testing then I get a slider, and then enter the app after the slide, otherwise I'm back to the passcode. When on the dock I get full volume with the slider, and then the volume goes to zero and gradually increases again when the app launches.

3. App quits when phone is placed on the dock. When not on the dock the app runs for a long time, but when I place the phone on the dock it reliably and quickly dumps me back on to the main home screen. I think this is associated with the first change of the minute on the clock so I guess is associated with the time synchronisation.

4. No alarm in the morning. On one occasion I did take the phone off the dock about 20 minutes before the alarm was due to go off and did get the alarm. On all other occasions with the phone docked all I've had is, on firing up the phone for the day, a message alerting me to the fact that dock studio's alarm went off some time ago (it didn't). So, again I think the fault is associated with being docked to the device rather than the app being totally faulty. Could it an extra synchronisation issue associated with rolling over a day?

clauditorium
06-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Hey there, I googled Tik Tok and couldn't find this application. Can you provide a link please?

Hello,
I found an application that works fine with the screen shuts down, it's Tik Tok and it's free.
They manage to make it work properly with Philips DockStation.

For your info, I have a Iphone 4S with IOS 5.1 and a DS1100.

So if Philips is unable to make proper application, there is another solution ....

clauditorium
06-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Wow, problem still unsolved after two and a half months, huh?
Is there at least some other app we can use that works properly with the Philips dock station?

Veke
06-01-2012, 06:24 AM
TikTok:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiktok-+alarm/id490152758?mt=8

clauditorium
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks! IT works great! Everyone download this thing, and your problem will be solved.

TikTok:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiktok-+alarm/id490152758?mt=8

Jozofa
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
It seems that Philips is glad that we have found another application that works!

Incredible!

Muccie
07-17-2012, 08:22 AM
The app is stall named Fidelio in the German Apple app store.....

bluenix
07-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello,

I've just purchased a DS3020 and am trying to use it with the DockStudio app on iPhone. Why is it that the dock has to be turned on all night to make the alarm go off in the morning? The app should turn on the dock before playing the alarm sound / music, otherwise I hear a static sound from the speaker being on all night. I suppose the dock can be turned on by the iPhone, as it automatically turns on when an iPhone is placed on the dock connector...

Thank you.

kwinnie
07-30-2012, 04:29 AM
after upgrading the iphone to iOS5.0 onwards, there seems to be some limitation on what an app can do in the background. (this does not pose an limitation on apple's own app) that s why the apps have to be kept on all night.
i think it s not normal for you to hear static sound from it. can you describe a bit on that? how load is it?

bluenix
07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
after upgrading the iphone to iOS5.0 onwards, there seems to be some limitation on what an app can do in the background. (this does not pose an limitation on apple's own app) that s why the apps have to be kept on all night.
i think it s not normal for you to hear static sound from it. can you describe a bit on that? how load is it?

I understand that the app needs to run in the foreground, that's no problem. I only do think that the app should turn the dock on when the alarm goes off. Now, if the dock is turned off, the app is running in the foreground and the alarm goes off, no sound is played through the speakers, which should be something you don't have to worry about when the app turns on the speakers.

The static sound is not loud, but normal for speakers (or better, an amplifier) that are turned on.

kwinnie
07-31-2012, 02:06 AM
I understand that the app needs to run in the foreground, that's no problem. I only do think that the app should turn the dock on when the alarm goes off. Now, if the dock is turned off, the app is running in the foreground and the alarm goes off, no sound is played through the speakers, which should be something you don't have to worry about when the app turns on the speakers.

The static sound is not loud, but normal for speakers (or better, an amplifier) that are turned on.

yes, what you described shud be the normal behaviour: the app should turn the dock on when the alarm goes off.
i checked with my DS1150 it does work in this way.

pls check the version that you are having. the latest version shud be v2.2.5. there s a FAQ in this version. Please follow the FAQ to configure the settings.

kwinnie
07-31-2012, 02:07 AM
there is also a dim button on the alarm page.
since you have turn on the app all night, you can use this instant button to darken the screen.

bluenix
07-31-2012, 02:06 PM
yes, what you described shud be the normal behaviour: the app should turn the dock on when the alarm goes off.
i checked with my DS1150 it does work in this way.

pls check the version that you are having. the latest version shud be v2.2.5. there s a FAQ in this version. Please follow the FAQ to configure the settings.

The version I have is 2.2.5 and settings are according to the FAQ... The app does not turn on the dock...

kwinnie
08-01-2012, 02:20 AM
The version I have is 2.2.5 and settings are according to the FAQ... The app does not turn on the dock...

this does work in the previous version? do you have a chance to test 2.2.4?
can you try with the iphone built in alarm apps to see if that tern the dock on? i tried just now, the alarm app does turn on the dock... just to make sure if that s dockstudio s issue

bluenix
08-04-2012, 09:57 AM
this does work in the previous version? do you have a chance to test 2.2.4?
can you try with the iphone built in alarm apps to see if that tern the dock on? i tried just now, the alarm app does turn on the dock... just to make sure if that s dockstudio s issue

I do not know if it does work with previous versions, as this is the first version I tried... Other alarm apps do not turn on the dock either... maybe it is the dock it self then? That seems strange...

kwinnie
08-13-2012, 07:20 AM
can you try on the apple built in apple to see if it turns on the dock?
do you have difficulties getting music played on the dock?

Hywel
08-23-2012, 10:07 AM
there is also a dim button on the alarm page.
since you have turn on the app all night, you can use this instant button to darken the screen.

Can I put in a request for this button to darken the screen further or turn the screen backlight off? It's still quite light in a fully darkened room (i.e. a bedroom at night).

Thanks

KLN
01-09-2013, 06:14 AM
I agree. I can't turn off my Itouch or Iphone without losing the alarm. And when I leave the Itouch or Iphone on the whole night is too bright and gets really hot, I have used the dim button but this is close to useless.
I would like to be able to either turn the brightness off or be able to have the alarm in the background rather then the foreground.

Is this possible to be fixed?

kwinnie
02-22-2013, 05:42 AM
hi Hywel/ KLN,

sorry it has been a while i havent been active on this forum...
as far as i know that is the dimmist level already...

you can use the alarm in the background... but the alarm will only lasts for 30 secs in the default tone (not in the music track you select)

to be frank, why not just use the alarm from apple? simple n nice...

UweGermany
07-22-2013, 02:27 PM
My Solution:
I deactivated (or set to ever) the local Passcode, now it works fine with all my alarm clock apps.
Greetings from Germany