PDA

View Full Version : BDP5200/12 can't connect to WiFi

mistral2k
03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi all,
few days ago I bought the BDP5200 player: it works, it is great but it gives me a little problem, it won't connect on my wi-fi. I explain better: I have a router ZyXEL P-660HW-D1 and with it I manage via ethernet my pc and via wi-fi my notebook, 2 iphones and 2 ipads. I use a protected wi-fi (wpa-psk) and when i put the password on BDP I see a screen that says to me that it is impossible to connect to the router. So I tried to cancel the password from the router (no more protected) and I tried to connect the BDP: GREAT it works!!! I was able also to put in all the information of my net (gateway, subnet mask etc. etc.). And it works very fine, I saw also the net tv and the movies on my shared hard disk. The problem is: i cannot continue to have an unprotected wi-fi; what can I do? Why the BDP does not communicate with a protected wi-fi? (and yes, the password I put in was correct ;-)).
Thanx in advance to all want help me
Alex

mistral2k
03-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, great new!!!!
I solved the problem, but I don't tell to anyone how...:o

Ok, I simply changed the modem-router, I bought a D-Link DSL-2740B modem-router and now I can share the net using a crypted signal without problems.

I hope this can help someone else