PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Device

CesarCP
03-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Hello, I have the 37PFL8404H/12 model. I am interested in being able to use MyRemote app, but my TV does not have wifi.

Is there any accessory like a USB wifi stick or other wifi device to be able to use my tv with MyRemote app? if not, is there any other solution?

Thank you very much.

Toengel
03-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi,

if your TV has a LAN port I would suggest that you take a look at a WLAN/LAN bridge or Powerline adapter. I don't know, if your TV supports the Philips WLAN stick.

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Thomas
03-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi

the Philips Wifi Dongle (PTA01) is not compatible to that TV.
However, you can still use the App if your TV is connected to a Router which has a wireless connection to the SmartPhone you own.
The TV does not need a Wireless connection to the Router, only the SmartPhone has to have it.

Regards
Thomas

CesarCP
03-21-2012, 05:27 PM
...The TV does not need a Wireless connection to the Router, only the SmartPhone has to have it.

Regards
Thomas

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Thomas, I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly, I thought it was necessary any wireless device, but reading your post I updated the firmware of the tv and as it was connected to a wifi router, the app recognized him immediately.

It works perfectly.

Thanks again.