PDA

View Full Version : DCM850/12 Remote Control Issue

pras_2903
03-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

5 days back I purchased a DCM 850 Docking System. Unfortunately the remote control doesnot work properly. It works intermittently. Could this be a battery issue?

Called the support care and now they asked me to bring to their workshop the remote control. And now i have run around for this system.

The best part is this is the first time I bought a philips electronics.

Regards
Prasanth George

kwinnie
03-22-2012, 01:33 AM
hi there!

this can be some sort of battery issue, have you checked replacing batteries? i have a docking speaker also and the remote is tiny. that's why i cannot replace the batteries easily... is this case for you also?

if so, then i really suggest you to go exchange the remote control :) hey i have sent you tips through PM...

regards, kwinnie

pras_2903
03-22-2012, 06:45 AM
hi there!

this can be some sort of battery issue, have you checked replacing batteries? i have a docking speaker also and the remote is tiny. that's why i cannot replace the batteries easily... is this case for you also?

if so, then i really suggest you to go exchange the remote control :) hey i have sent you tips through PM...

regards, kwinnie

The battery i have for the remote is cr2025 lithium battery 3v. I haven't changed the battery yet. Will be taking the remote to service center today.
One issue that i faced is that if my source is kept CD, 95% is that i cannot change to another other source. When I press stop on remote, it sometimes may work. Sometimes all the function works perfectly.
The main problem is that if the service center asked me to bring the docking system to the workshop. Its a hassle carrying the device.
Regards
Prasanth