PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles?

Martini
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I hope you guys can help me with this one.

I've got a Philips TV (32PFL7606H/12) with the most recent software (updated after 2012-03-09, 000.014.096.000).

My question is the following: I've got a shared network disk for streaming movies. But when I want to stream movies at my TV in my bedroom (the philips TV) i can't activate the subtitles! At my other TV (in combination with a Popcorn streamer (Network Media Jukebox)) the subtitles does work.

Did i miss something in the Settings of my TV?

I hope you can help me with this one, so that I can watch movies WITH the subtitles?

Regards,
Martini

Toengel
03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Hi,

as far as I know, Subtitles (such as SRT) are only supported in USB mode. For DLNA you need to transcode the subtitles directly into the videostream.

Toengel@Alex

Martini
03-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for your reply.

But even on an external hard disk doesn't my TV show any subtitles. Like they aren't existing.
And by USB I've got an additional problem: the line up of the Video_TS files are shifted up. Instead of TS_1 TS_2, I see for example: TS_4 TS_2 TS_1 TS_3. So the end of the movie become first xD

But first i want to fix the subtitles ;)
Because that isn't working on both xD

Martini

Toengel
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Hi,

the TV does not show the SRT subtitles on the HDD - that is a normal behaviour. Be sure, that your movies have a correct name, e.g.:

movie.avi
movie.srt

Only then you can activate the subtitles.

Toengel@Alex

Martini
03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I'll try to rename some movies to check it ;)
I'll let you know tomorrow