PDA

View Full Version : Timeshift/Pause and hbbTV don't work together

watirofo
03-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi,

I bought two TVs a few weeks ago (32pfl7606 and 37pfl7606). Both use a different 2,5" hard discs. The timeshift feature worked fine...I often go back a few seconds to look at things a second time.

Since a short while (update to V014.96??) I noticed on both devices that nothing happenes when I press the pause button. But when I press the back button timeshift goes back in time and I can even play the recorded stream. After jumping back and forward 2 or 3 times even that doesn't work correctly. Suddenly the feature 2x or 4x back is missing. Sometimes my tv reboots... :(

I didn't read about this problem in this forum. Because I have two very similar devices running with different hard discs, I think that this problem comes from the last software update...but I'm not sure?

Regards
Andreas

matthias
03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Did you read this (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3191-Bug-Time-shift-recording-crashes-on-quot-rewind-amp-watch-quot&highlight=timeshift) thread? Do you have similar problems as well?

I'm still having occasional problems with timeshift on 14.93, but it got a little better (for my feeling), when I left at least 10 seconds between each key press. The crashes are not gone, but greatly reduced. Does this help for you as well?

I have not updated to 14.96 yet because of the removed "hide channels" feature, so I can't say anything on whether it got worse..

PS: Can you make your title more specific to the problem, please?

watirofo
03-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Hi matthias,

yes, I read your thread, but I opened my own thread because I use another software version (14.96) and on my tv even the first press on the pause button does no longer work.

But of course I find a lot of things similar to your problems:

After rewinding and forwarding, sometimes the response of the tv gets more and more strange. Which function vanishes first is kind of unpredictable. Sometimes funtions like fast rewind/forward are not working or even missing when I press the buttons. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Sometimes when I press rewind again and again it suddenly starts rewinding but cannot be stopped. Play mostly works. Stop sometimes works, pause never works.

Regards
Andreas

watirofo
03-23-2012, 11:19 PM
btw: how can I edit the title of the thread - I didn't find a way...?

matthias
03-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Which function vanishes first is kind of unpredictable. Sometimes funtions like fast rewind/forward are not working or even missing when I press the buttons. Sometimes nothing happens at all. Sometimes when I press rewind again and again it suddenly starts rewinding but cannot be stopped. Play mostly works. Stop sometimes works, pause never works.

Then it seems it did get worse in the latest version. Can you try to downgrade to the previous one?

PS: For the title, there is an "advanced" button somewhere

watirofo
03-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I now found something I can 100% reproduce:

On all stations without hbbTV, the timeshift function works properly - even with HD. On stations with hbbTV, the pause button doesn't work and all already described problems occur.

I'm using DBV-C. That means hbbTV is supported on all "öffentlich rechtlichen" stations like ARD, ZDF, NDR3, arte and so on...

Sorry, I cannot downgrade because on the Philips download site there's only the last version available. Do you know where to find older software versions...?

I would like to change the title of the thread now, so that Philips sees the issue immediately withouts reading the whole thread. But I cannot find an "advanced button".

Regards
Andreas

watirofo
03-24-2012, 01:05 PM
...ah, and one more information: When I unplug my network cable (no more hbbTV available), then timeshift & pause functionallity is available on all stations!

matthias
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Ah, very good find! I think that it's reproducable increases the chances a lot this will be fixed soon ;)

L1Zeeman
03-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I now found something I can 100% reproduce:

On all stations without hbbTV, the timeshift function works properly - even with HD. On stations with hbbTV, the pause button doesn't work and all already described problems occur.

I'm using DBV-C. That means hbbTV is supported on all "öffentlich rechtlichen" stations like ARD, ZDF, NDR3, arte and so on...

Sorry, I cannot downgrade because on the Philips download site there's only the last version available. Do you know where to find older software versions...?

I would like to change the title of the thread now, so that Philips sees the issue immediately withouts reading the whole thread. But I cannot find an "advanced button".

Regards
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

I tested this, but can not reproduce your findings.
I tried ARD and ZDF, in both cases hbbTV and pause/timeshift are working.
Not sure why we have different results (cable operator?, internet connection?,.....), anyway for reference my configuration:
TV: 32PFL7606/H12
FW: 14.96
Cable operator: Ziggo

Regards,
Leen

P.S. The problems I experience with pause/timeshift are mainly an erratic behaviour in FREV and FFWD when started from pause status.

matthias
03-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Interesting to note - I just tried the same thing on 14.93 - and could partly reproduce them - whenever I used Hbbtv Red Button in combination with timeshift, sooner or later, timeshift crashed.

So, no new bugs, but unfixed existing bugs.

First, I couldn't change channels any more ("Stop timeshift first"), but Timeshift Stop didn't react. But I could do this by "reactivation" TV. Afterwards, I could change channels, but Timeshift stopped working.

This only occurred in combination with using Hbbtv. No hbbtv - no problems.

Hope, Philips can take it from here and come up with a fix soon :-)

Philips - Thomas
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi

14.97 is out and we received good Feedback about the HbbTV performance.
Please all make sure, you use the latest FW.

Regards
Thomas