PDA

View Full Version : Qam256 channels

Pjotr123
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Ziggo has introduced qam256 signalling on some channels. My 32pfl7476 is not receiving those channels through it's ci+ module. How can I change the setup so the TV is receiving those qam256 channels?

The other channels are in qam64 mode.

Philips - Thomas
03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi

does the TV really does not "see" the Channels?

Regards
Thomas

l00pu5
03-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Ziggo has introduced qam256 signalling on some channels. My 32pfl7476 is not receiving those channels through it's ci+ module. How can I change the setup so the TV is receiving those qam256 channels?

The other channels are in qam64 mode.

Strange that your TV receives the channels via the CI+ module - mine does it via its internal tuner :cool:

Jokes aside, I can tell you the following:
(1) I also have the 32PFL7476H/12
(2) all HD channels are being broadcasted with QAM256 by TeleColumbus (I'm German after all)
(3) I can watch those channels all day long

Bottom line is:
(1) the TV's tuner is perfectly able to receive QAM256-modulated channels
(2) your CAM card won't change a thing about it

In order to explore your issue further, I have the following questions / suggestions:
-> are the missing channels listed in the channel list? If not, I think you need to perform another channel installation (maybe even a full-frequency scan on 1MHz search grid just to make sure)
-> if the channels are listed in the channel list but you're facing an error message like "scrambled programme" or something like that, it's unlikely that the TV set is causing this phenomenon

Philips - Thomas
03-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi

"Scrambled Channels" is solved with latest FW 14.96 for the 2k11 TV Sets, so if that is what you see, please make sure, you use the latest FW.
Indeed, like l00pu5 wrote, the CI+ Module does not receive any channels, the Module does only the decryption.
So in fact, even with the Module not connected to your TV, in the Channel grid (find Button on the Remote):
You should see all the Channels.
if that is not the Case, please go to:
Home > Setup > Search for Channels > Reinstall Channels > The Netherlands > Cable (DVB-C) > Settings > Frequency Step Size > 1MHZ > Done > Start
This search will take quite some time but this way will ensure that the TV will find all the Channels.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Thomas

backhandguga
04-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Great! I'm just curious if there is a guide somewhere like a KB in this site on doing this? http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png