PDA

View Full Version : Color buttons on remote?

scubaman
03-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I have looked through the manual, printed out the 'more extensive' manual (54 pages) from the website, looked through all the menus on the TV - and can't figure out what the colored buttons on the remote are for, or how they are programmed. Out of the box they don't seem to have a function. The only mention I find in the manual is that they select tasks or options - but nowhere do I find how to set these up. Am I just blind?

Philips - Thomas
03-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi

the colored Buttons can be used f.e. in Teletext. On some Models you can activate HbbTV or CI/+ Related features.
Thats up to the delivered contend.

Regards
Thomas

scubaman
03-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks. Isn't teletext a European thing only? I'm in the US. Anyway - I take it these are not programmable i.e. totally useless to me?

Philips - Thomas
03-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Hi

you can not program the Keys by yourself, if you want to have a programmable Remote you need to go to a electronic store and ask for a universal remote, where you can set every single key to your needs.

Regards
Thomas

scubaman
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Understood. I am not looking for a programmable remote, I just wanted to understand what the seemingly useless buttons that are just casually mentioned in the manual are. As it turns out they are not seemingly useless, they *ARE* useless, in the US.

Regards,
Rich

sep332
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Colored buttons are also used for certain functions on blu-ray players. But I wasn't sure why a non-programmable remote for a TV with no blu-ray drive would have them. Thanks Thomas :)

backhandguga
04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Perhaps for future uses. I usually call them favorite buttons. So you can program a specific service for every button. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png