PDA

View Full Version : 47PFL7606K/02 No Japanese on JSTV1 bilingual news

Flowersun
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello,

JSTV1, the Japanese TV for Europe transmits News every day at 12:00 CET from Hotbird satellite, free to air.
This news is bilingual: Japanese and English.

However I receive only English. ( Main language German, Alt. language English)
If I switch the alternative language to e.g. Dutch, I receive both English & Japanese mixed.
( and hear funny noises on the back of the TV....)

Also the "Dual I II" is grey/ not active.

Maybe there should be an extra language like "Default" since not all languages of the world can be listed?

JSTV2 has a similar problem as this transmits the TV sound on one channel and Japanese Radio on the other.
I hear only Radio when watching JSTV2.

Hope for a SW upgrade soon.
(currently 014.096 )

Kind regards,

Flowersun.

Philips - Thomas
03-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi

we are looking into this. I will keep you postet.

Regards
Thomas

l00pu5
04-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Hello,

JSTV1, the Japanese TV for Europe transmits News every day at 12:00 CET from Hotbird satellite, free to air.
This news is bilingual: Japanese and English.

However I receive only English. ( Main language German, Alt. language English)
If I switch the alternative language to e.g. Dutch, I receive both English & Japanese mixed.
( and hear funny noises on the back of the TV....)

Also the "Dual I II" is grey/ not active.

Maybe there should be an extra language like "Default" since not all languages of the world can be listed?

JSTV2 has a similar problem as this transmits the TV sound on one channel and Japanese Radio on the other.
I hear only Radio when watching JSTV2.

Hope for a SW upgrade soon.
(currently 014.096 )

Kind regards,

Flowersun.

Why don't you just set the preferred audio language to Japanese then?
If a channel is broadcasting Japanese and English and you don't want to have English, then this is the only option. Setting the preferred or alternative audio language to something that is not one of the options that the channels offers might result in strange things happening.

Personally, I don't see what the issue is here.

Flowersun
04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi,
if you mean the primary or alternativ language in the SAT settings, the languages are limited to the languages from European countries (as it is a European model), so there is no Japanese option here.

if you mean under Options-> Audio language: this entry is disabled / grey with JSTV.

Flowersun
05-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi,

this is working fine with 14.97 on both JSTV 1 & 2.
The wife is happy now.

Thank you!