View Full Version : NP3500 unusable: latency, menu navigation dead slow, auto power-off too fast

03-27-2012, 03:09 PM

I've had the NP3500 for a few months, and it has become impossible to use for the last couple weeks.

Using the remote + universal remote + android remote app shows the same result:

- navigating through the menus is dead slow (it takes about 10 minutes to get to the Settings page...
- once there, it takes another 10 minutes scrolling down to each entry...
- and the device auto powers off after that, making it impossible to reach the Network settings/update checker, sections.

Needless to say I can't play music either...

I just wanted to know if there is a tweak to hard-reboot the device and restore to factory settings, so I can get a chance to try this before sending it to repair...

Thanks for your help.

03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
So before this worked ok? Were there any changes on your network in these last months? Did you try the normal factory settings? Tested on different a different router?

03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
It has nothing to do with Network settings AFAIK...
Got other devices on the same switch and router, and they work fine.

Besides, there haven't been any changes.

My point is: HOW DO I GET BACK TO NORMAL FACTORY SETTINGS, knowing I can't reach the menu :(

03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi, am trying to help here... For factory settings http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/n/np3500_12/np3500_12_dfu_eng.pdf
Although your device is slow this is the only way as far as I see.......donīt see anything that you cannot reach the menus

Other devices might still work but still the question is did anything change in the last weeks/months that might explain this behaviour.

03-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, I thought there would be a settings option to restore factory settings, but my problem is that I can't ever reach that menu entry... I was thinking there might be a magic remote key combination that would do so (just like on most of DVD players, etc.)

And to answer more specifically, nothing has changed on my network setup...

03-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Donīt think there is though a magic key combination....

Can you try on a different network?

03-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I already tried Without a network at all... and it didn't change a thing.

Guess it'll have to go to repair...

03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
So you say without connecting it to the network it goes very very slow also???

Are you up to dat with the fw etc? Is your router up to date?

03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
To me it definitely sounds like a broken device = "send back for repair"-time.

Cheers !