PDA

View Full Version : NP3500 unusable: latency, menu navigation dead slow, auto power-off too fast

gs27
03-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I've had the NP3500 for a few months, and it has become impossible to use for the last couple weeks.

Using the remote + universal remote + android remote app shows the same result:

- navigating through the menus is dead slow (it takes about 10 minutes to get to the Settings page...
- once there, it takes another 10 minutes scrolling down to each entry...
- and the device auto powers off after that, making it impossible to reach the Network settings/update checker, sections.

Needless to say I can't play music either...

I just wanted to know if there is a tweak to hard-reboot the device and restore to factory settings, so I can get a chance to try this before sending it to repair...

Thanks for your help.

Oscar
03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
So before this worked ok? Were there any changes on your network in these last months? Did you try the normal factory settings? Tested on different a different router?

gs27
03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
It has nothing to do with Network settings AFAIK...
Got other devices on the same switch and router, and they work fine.

Besides, there haven't been any changes.

My point is: HOW DO I GET BACK TO NORMAL FACTORY SETTINGS, knowing I can't reach the menu :(

Oscar
03-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi, am trying to help here... For factory settings http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/n/np3500_12/np3500_12_dfu_eng.pdf
Although your device is slow this is the only way as far as I see.......donīt see anything that you cannot reach the menus

Other devices might still work but still the question is did anything change in the last weeks/months that might explain this behaviour.

gs27
03-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes, I thought there would be a settings option to restore factory settings, but my problem is that I can't ever reach that menu entry... I was thinking there might be a magic remote key combination that would do so (just like on most of DVD players, etc.)

And to answer more specifically, nothing has changed on my network setup...

Oscar
03-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Donīt think there is though a magic key combination....

Can you try on a different network?

gs27
03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I already tried Without a network at all... and it didn't change a thing.

Guess it'll have to go to repair...

Oscar
03-28-2012, 02:00 PM
So you say without connecting it to the network it goes very very slow also???

Are you up to dat with the fw etc? Is your router up to date?

Tias
03-28-2012, 09:49 PM
To me it definitely sounds like a broken device = "send back for repair"-time.

Cheers !