PDA

View Full Version : TV keeps doing service scan everytime I switch on

Krelik
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
TV Model: 26PFL5522D/05
Software version: IdtvZapper_HW261.256_SW2.7.77

Hi

I have an issue with my TV where, each time I turn the TV on it has lost all the channels and does a full service channel scan. (Scans for channels - same as when you initially set up TV when new). When I turn TV off again it loses them all then does a new service scan when I next turn the TV on.

This is highly annoying and there does not seem to be anything I can do about it at present. I tried looking for an option where I could reinstall system software to see if this fixes problem but could not find this option anywhere.

Thank you for any help.

Philips - Thomas
03-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi

how do you receive your signal?

Regards
Thomas

zed64
04-06-2012, 04:16 PM
TV Model: 26PFL5522D/05
Software version: IdtvZapper_HW261.256_SW2.7.77

Hi

I have an issue with my TV where, each time I turn the TV on it has lost all the channels and does a full service channel scan. (Scans for channels - same as when you initially set up TV when new). When I turn TV off again it loses them all then does a new service scan when I next turn the TV on.

This is highly annoying and there does not seem to be anything I can do about it at present. I tried looking for an option where I could reinstall system software to see if this fixes problem but could not find this option anywhere.

Thank you for any help.

Hi,

Same TV/software as you. Same problem yesterday. If you haven't solved this yet, try holding down the menu button on the lefthand side of the TV for 10 secs. This does a factory reset. Then the TV does a service scan (including the analogue channels). TV then retains all the channels when switched off and starts normally. Worked for me.