PDA

View Full Version : BDP9600 Latest Firmware Upgrade (v1.63) has been released

Philips - Remko
03-28-2012, 08:50 AM
v1.63 is only released to BDP9600/12, /51, /93, /98

v1.63 includes the following changes:
• Improves BD-Java playback

The former firmware version includes the following changes:

• Fixes the stuttering playback issues found on the Blu-ray disc Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (v1.62)
• Fixes the following issues: (1.61)
o Speaker settings were lost after player went to standby.
o Center speaker audio was missing when center speaker is set to OFF
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (1.60)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Add on-screen keyboard in NetTV for easier and better navigation. (1.60)
• Add Tuneln FM in NetTV. (1.60)
• Fixes the following issues: (V1.56)
o Volume setting for multi-channel analog audio output does not work (via Setup > Speaker Setup menu).
o Audio distortion issue found on the certain audio CD’s when played back with Neo6 mode.
o Not able to format 8GB SD cards for the Video-on-Demand feature.
o Stuttering video on certain AVCHD discs.
o Playback of Avatar 3D in 2D mode
• Catch-up TV (via NetTV feature) is enabled for Netherlands. (V1.53)
• Resolves an issue of video stuttering during disc playback while connected to a wireless network. (V1.53)
• Improves the playability of Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition discs. (V1.53)
• Minor corrections in Suomi menu language text.(V1.53)
• Resolves an issue where a hang-up is encountered sometimes after restoring to factory default settings.(V1.53)
• Resolves the following issues in the Video Store feature: (V1.48)
o Video Futur Playback.
o Error in Total Time calculation of the rented video file.

Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/support

Please note that this can only be reflected to the system within 1-2 days

Rhino
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
I installed it yesterday evening. "The Tourist" seemed to play fine for the 5 minutes I watched it.

This morning I noticed though that Net TV is behaving strange: it wouldn't start just for a split second displaying something like "testing network connection ... ok" and then the home screen would appear. When I did it the 4the or 5th time I got a distorted home screen. At that time I switched off, waited half a minute. Switched the BDP on again and then cleared Net TV memory. Now Net TV started after selecting it 4 times on the home screen. First 3 times I get the split second image "testing network connection... ok" again and then the Net TV registration screen. After registering it takes now 4 times selkection of the Net TV icon before it actually displays the normal Net TV screen with apps.

Pacman
03-28-2012, 11:20 AM
i just finished the upgrade and with Smart Tv it reacts quite slow until now....I will keep on trying during this evening

I did not see your behaviour yet, do you still have that?

Rhino
03-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Pacman,

No don't have it anymore. When I select NetTV (5 minutes ago) I first see "testing network blabla" during less than a second and then the std home screen of NetTV loads.
Selected within the Vimeo app a HD video and it works.