View Full Version : Difference between DS9000 and DS9010?
Looking to buy iPad speaker dock. Is there someone who can point out the differences between the Fidelio DS9000 and Fidelio DS9010? From my research it looks like the DS9010 is the same as DS9000 but with another finish? Can someone confirm this?
Philips - QK
04-02-2012, 10:30 AM
You are right. The main difference is on the finishing. For DS9000, it's made of natural wood (made of just 1 piece of wood) so the acoustics will be nicer); For DS9010, it's made of aluminium. Please be reminded that DS9010 is a newer product so it may be better compatible with the latest iOS than DS9000. (for DS9000, the device itself cannot be firmware upgraded.)
Philips moderation team
Thanks for the quick reply.
Can you tell me what's the latest new iPad speaker dock model? Is that the DS9?
What are the main differences between the DS9 and DS9000/9010?
Philips - QK
04-03-2012, 06:08 AM
DS9000/ DS9010/ DS9
* Curved back cover creates a highly effective acoustic structure for sound reproduction.
DS9000 & DS9
* Made of sustainable wood source to preserve ecological balance.
DS9000/ DS9010 VS DS9
* More significant difference on the sound output power:
* For DS9000/DS9010, sound output power: 2 x 50 W RMS; while for DS9, sound output power : 2 x 25 W RMS.
* For the rest of the feature, it's more or less similar.
They are launched at different timing. Looked into some presentation- DS9 is the latest model and is still one of the key models of 2012. For the sound output, I'd like to share my own experience using a older model DS8500 (2010 model) at home with 2 X15 W RMS. The sound output is already very powerful for me. It depends as well where you'd like to put it- living room/ bedroom etc. For me, DS8500 is enough to be placed in my living room.
Philips Moderation Team