PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with MyRemote v2.1 for iOS (iPhone/iPad)

smart
04-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new App version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new App: new, old, positive, negative.....

I did not find a thread for that, although it is available for a while.

smart
04-01-2012, 12:15 PM
After updating from version 2.0 to version 2.1, I was not able to show media from the iPhone on the TV with SimplyShare.

I deleted the app and reinstalled. Then it worked fine.

smart
04-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I still experience the massive need of storage. I see 1GB used after installing and just showing some photos and videos on the TV.

f.daka
04-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi, for me the simply share works perfectly with v2.1, with v2.0 I often had the problem, that I had to restart my iPad. But now I have another problem. The TV Guide doesn't work at all. I just can see an error message: "Service Unavailable. HTTP Error 503. Service is unavailable ".

Remote control and Simply share work perfectly...

torssello
04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
I still experience the massive need of storage. I see 1GB used after installing and just showing some photos and videos on the TV.

I have the some problem while using this app. The app unused is 9MB and started it takes the rest of free memory space. For what this app need so much memory? @Philips - any explanations?

Philips admin
04-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi, for me the simply share works perfectly with v2.1, with v2.0 I often had the problem, that I had to restart my iPad. But now I have another problem. The TV Guide doesn't work at all. I just can see an error message: "Service Unavailable. HTTP Error 503. Service is unavailable ".

Dear f.daka,

A fix is currently in submission at Apple!

Regards, JuAn

f.daka
04-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi JuAn,

Thank you very much for the info!
Regards,
f.daka

David A Russell
04-06-2012, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=f.daka;30386]Hi, for me the simply share works perfectly with v2.1, with v2.0 I often had the problem, that I had to restart my iPad. But now I have another problem. The TV Guide doesn't work at all. I just can see an error message: "Service Unavailable. HTTP Error 503. Service is unavailable ".

after upgrade I also can no longer link my TV to the iPad and then access the EPG, it worked on the IRT myremote iPad release. Any solution yet?

David A Russell
04-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

bta
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Hi smart,

I can confirm the massive consumption of memory is still present in version 2.1.
So I delete it from my phone. Lets try the next version because this one is still a big BUG due to the memory behavior.

Enjoy your TV, it's fun!
bta

Toengel
04-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi,

Version 2.1.1 für iPad (MyRemote HD) is now available.

Toengel@Alex

Rolfhellmeier
04-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex
...and that's the next version, that does not work on ipad3 .
There is no stable epg, looks like a bad html5 from a flash.
Solong 1 star......

Rolfhellmeier
04-07-2012, 08:47 PM
The release 2.1.1 does not work for ipad3. I can connect to the epg, but its not shown in a propper way on display. Looks like a very poor html5 or html when there is no flashplayer.
Want a sreenshot.?

Alfonx
04-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Hm... so bad "I still experience the massive need of storage. I see 1GB used after installing ".....
Its a pitty to see that there is no improvement .....
Very sad.....

f.daka
04-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

I'm partly happy, partly sad. On my iPad2 now the TV Guide works again and simply share doesn't work... again. Would it be possible to get a version in which both work?

f.daka
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi, I'm here again... It seems, after uninstall and reinstall it works, both tv guide and simply share.

Philips
04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
The release 2.1.1 does not work for ipad3. I can connect to the epg, but its not shown in a propper way on display. Looks like a very poor html5 or html when there is no flashplayer. Want a sreenshot.?

Dear Rolf,

Yes please! Send the screenshot to "nettv.forum@philips.com".
Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Regards,
JuAn

adb1973
04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Dear Rolf,

Yes please! Send the screenshot to "nettv.forum@philips.com".
Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Regards,
JuAn

This is our iPad 3 with the TV Guide from My Remote HD (iPad version). Unusable unscrollable, hope you can fix it.

Thx,
Arjan

Philips
04-13-2012, 12:13 PM
This is our iPad 3 with the TV Guide from My Remote HD (iPad version). Unusable unscrollable, hope you can fix it.

Thx,
Arjan

Dear all,

The iPad 3 EPG issue has been identified now and a fix will be published on a short notice.

Regards,
JuAn

Philips
04-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Dear all,

The iPad 3 EPG issue has been identified now and a fix will be published on a short notice.

Regards,
JuAn

Good news, the fix has been implemented, tested and published, the iPad 3 should now have a working EPG again! Note: it’s not needed to perform an App update for this!

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
04-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi,

great - that was really fast!

Toengel@Alex

Muccie
04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Indeed, EPG works now (thank you, what was the problem ?) BUT SimplyShare still does only (partly) work (on my iPad 3 with a 46 PFL 9705) if the app is de- and installed again: an "upgrade" over a previous version leads to SimplyShare NOT working !

By the way: strange that Philips reacts on this topic in this thread and NOT in the much longer thread about the experiences with the app......

wilih
04-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Hy Webmaster or Forummaster:
It is worse to have different Topics about the same theme (Your experiences with MyRemote for iOS (iPhone/iPad). I think it is uninteresting if it is Version 2.0, 2.01 or 2.1 or what ever, because you ask for experiences, and I think everybody makes the update because the "old" Version is so buggy that everybody hopes, the update solves problems. And any helping things are in "the wrong" topic.
So, if you close the forum on 19.4. you have the time to make one Topic and copy the different Topics to only one - please...
I hope, all the other members agree.:)

Philips
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
The old topic (v2.0) is closed, please continue in this thread...

Regards,
JuAn

ccrergie
04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks now the app is working on ipad3.

wilih
04-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Is SimpleShare running too?
And if, is the SlideShow o.k. (without that boring informations shown at each Slide)?

smart
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I think the message is shown from the TV. The app won't be able to suppress it. As it also shows up, when using different DLNA apps.
I'm talking about the message "Picture is shown" (or similar in your translation) in a white box on the TV, when you show a picture.

wilih
04-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes, You are right, that´s what I mean. And there ist the "play-arrow" in every picture

smart
04-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Right, on my 2010 TV, there is a play arrow in the picture and a white box with an i in a circle on the left.
As far as I remember, newer models 2011 or 2012 don't have this box anymore. This is something the TV paints, when a DLNA device shows something on the TV. This is coded in the TVs firmware. I would also remove that message. and the arrow. It's obvious, that a picture is shown.

wilih
04-14-2012, 11:15 AM
ok. I have a 32PFL7496K/2 with the newest firmware. So what now?
iPad 2 with iOS 5.1

Philips
04-16-2012, 08:28 AM
.....BUT SimplyShare still does only (partly) work (on my iPad 3 with a 46 PFL 9705) if the app is de- and installed again: an "upgrade" over a previous version leads to SimplyShare NOT working......

Dear all,

Mucci is correct (tnx Mucci!): for all of you who encounter these SimplyShare issues, please re-install the App (remove the App first and install again).

Regards,
JuAn

wilih
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Now I have deleted the App (iPad 2, iOS 5.1), restarted the iPad (!) and installed the App again. It Works correct yet, except the information in and under the picture shown on the TV at using the Slideshow on SimpleShare

Jason6
04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
I register the iPad2 on my PFL7606k but i can't switch the channels with the app programguide (Button like: watch now/ in German: jetzt ansehen)on the TV , anyone else?( Same in 2.0, 2.1.1)
Simply Share now Works, but always says: "picture is shown on TV" at every New picture. Terrible!

wilih
04-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Same. Can´t switch "watch now" Maybe it is, that the TV doesn´t know. on wich place the program is, e.g. RTL can be on place 5 and someone else on place 10. But that´s a problem of communicatin between TV an App.
An I hope, that the infos in the slideshow will go! They are not needed.

wilih
04-26-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi,
is anybody out there?

Phileric
04-30-2012, 03:11 PM
@wilih, @jason6
had this issue since 2.0. Couple of app versions AND tv firmware versions later the problem is still unsolved.

Remote-app-HD-on-iPad-1-and-42pfl7656k-issue-with-program-guide (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4670-Remote-app-HD-on-iPad-1-and-42pfl7656k-issue-with-program-guide)

Seems to be kind of a superhuman task for the ... "programming guys" at philips ... or maybe it's just not worth it to fix for a minority of people who want full functionality ... or maybe they just don't give a s**t ...

Regards

Eric

Joerg_L
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
What about the extensive memory consumption, after a while?
I had to delete it again, after all my free space (2,5 GB) was full!!

Ipod Touch 3G IOS 4.3.3

best regards
Joerg

Philips
05-03-2012, 11:11 AM
What about the extensive memory consumption, after a while?
I had to delete it again, after all my free space (2,5 GB) was full!! Ipod Touch 3G IOS 4.3.3
best regards
Joerg

Dear all,

We are fully aware of this issue and are working with Twonky on a fix as we speak. We expect a resolution to be in place within 1-2 months. We appreciate your patience and are very sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,
JuAn

smart
05-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Great to hear, that you are working on a fix!

Thanks for investigation!

golvellius
05-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi . I hace one problem

With simpleshare + iPad 2 is 5.1 and 40pfl5507h myremote 2.1 only show music in simpleshare menú. Whats te problem?

Thanks

thulsen
05-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Hello,

is MyRemote supported for the HTS9520/12 home cinema system? It doesn't seem to detect this device.

Philips
05-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Hello,

is MyRemote supported for the HTS9520/12 home cinema system? It doesn't seem to detect this device.

Hi Thulsen,

I'm sorry to say but this device is NOT supported.

See list below of NON-SUPPORTED devices (*):

BDP3000
BDP5180
BDP8000
HTS5220
HTS9520
HTS9540
MCi500
NP2500
NP2900

(*) This list is NOT complete (my own quick investigation)!
It therefore does NOT mean that when a device is NOT listed here, it is or will be supported!

Regards,
JuAn

thulsen
05-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi,

that's disappointing. The App Store webpage for MyRemote says: "The application is compatible with the following Philips products: Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products". This is not true then: the HTS9520 has Net TV, but is not compatible with MyRemote.
Are there any plans to make it compatible in the future?

Philips
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi,

that's disappointing. The App Store webpage for MyRemote says: "The application is compatible with the following Philips products: Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products". This is not true then: the HTS9520 has Net TV, but is not compatible with MyRemote.
Are there any plans to make it compatible in the future?

Hey Thulsen,

Indeed that is mentioned, but you forgot to mention the asterisk (*). It says on the web page:
The application is compatible with the following Philips products:
- Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products *.
- A selection of other Philips connected products (Streamium, Home Theatre Systems, Soundbars, Blu Ray Players) *.

* You can check the compatibility of MyRemote with your specific model at the online support page of your product at www.philips.com/support. Also ensure your product has been upgraded with the latest software.

thulsen
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Hello,

it would still be good if the text was changed to 'most Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products * etc.'

It's just strange to first make a statement and then weaken it right below.
Anyway is there any change it will be supported in the future?

KevinB
05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Hello,

it would still be good if the text was changed to 'most Net TV / Smart TV enabled Philips products * etc.'

It's just strange to first make a statement and then weaken it right below.
Anyway is there any change it will be supported in the future?

Indeed, it doesn't work either for my HTS9540/12 with the latest updates on both HTS and MyRemote (Android). And another guy here at work has the same setup, identical problem (no connection to HTS). So that makes 3 of us :(

So come on Philips, how about doing the right thing ? :)

Cheers,
KevinB

pacorramos
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi, everybody. Here is my case:

Philips TV model 9000 Series, 40PFL9704H/12 (made in 2009).
iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3

After following Philips directions (updating TV firmware and activating Jointspace), I've installed MyRemote app. Then:
Remote Control detects my TV and works fine. Net TV detects my TV and works fine. But SimplyShare not even detects my TV and at the bottom of its main screen keeps always showing: "searching device...".
Uninstalling and reinstalling MyRemote app doesn't solve the problem.

What's wrong? Maybe I must do some tweaks with the iPhone settings? Or else I've missed any other app that I should have previously installed in order SimplyShare run properly?

Toengel
05-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi,

a reader of my blog has an iPad 3 (with latest version of MyRemote HD) and the Philips logo isn't correct:

Toengel@Alex

ccrergie
05-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi Toengel, i also got the iPad3 and the same problem with the logo and the Programmführer didnt work also.

Werner

marco zagolin
05-25-2012, 08:21 AM
With:
MyRemote 2.1.1
iPhone 5.1.1
32PFL7606M 000.014.098.000
SimplyShare does not work
On the top of the iPhone screen I can switch between iPhone and pc
On the bottom of the iPhone screen I see my tv
but in the middle of the screen I see only a progress gear
and also on the tv i can see the iPhone device without any file
Can please someone tell me how to use SimplyShare with my tv ?

bluevoice
05-25-2012, 08:30 AM
With:
MyRemote 2.1.1
iPhone 5.1.1
32PFL7606M 000.014.098.000
SimplyShare does not work
On the top of the iPhone screen I can switch between iPhone and pc
On the bottom of the iPhone screen I see my tv
but in the middle of the screen I see only a progress gear
and also on the tv i can see the iPhone device without any file
Can please someone tell me how to use SimplyShare with my tv ?

It is a known issue, Simply Share doesn't work at this moment. Philips is working on a fix, in iTunes it says:

"PS: SimplyShare fix will be available soon"

marco zagolin
05-25-2012, 08:44 AM
It is a known issue, Simply Share doesn't work at this moment. Philips is working on a fix, in iTunes it says:

"PS: SimplyShare fix will be available soon"

thanks for your fast answer !!!
and beware of philips chat people (at least the Italian one):
yesterday they told me that my tv did not support simplyshare !!!
Happy SimpleShare in future,
marco

Cheese
05-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Dear all,

We are fully aware of this issue and are working with Twonky on a fix as we speak. We expect a resolution to be in place within 1-2 months. We appreciate your patience and are very sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

Can we get a update when this HUGE bug is fixed? you promised us 1 to 2 months.. well there is only one week left ;-)

Toengel
05-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi,

again I got a photo from an iPad 3 user where the IP-EPG isn't shown correctly:

Toengel@Alex

cgreco16
05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi. I'm new to these forums. I'm interested in getting a 26pfl4907/f7 and I was wondering if there was an iOS app for remote controlling this TV. I found this topic and went looking for the MyRemote app in the US app store but I don't see it. Is this app available in the US? If not yet, when? And will it work with the 26pfl4907/f7 TV?

Thanks,
cgreco16

Cheese
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM
? ? ?

When does Philips expect to launch a the app without the Memory Bug?

I assume this issue fixed by now?

Muccie
06-08-2012, 06:34 AM
? ? ?

As always, Philips is VERY silent on this...... Whatever software/firmware/app problem you write them about: almost never a satisfying reply. This stupid bug "eats" now over 4 Gb of my iPad3's memory for no obvious reasons.

It is that I like Ambilight a lot, but I am really on the point on NOT buying a 2012 model TV and wait for the Apple TV to arrive, since also Philips has NEVER reacted on my many postings on the buggy HTS 5591 firmware (in combination with Philips TV's: CEC does work on the first connection of the HTS to the TV BUT as soon as you switch off the TV and switch it on again, you can a.o. NOT switch to FM radio any more: does not seem to interest Philips at all.....)

Philips
06-11-2012, 01:16 PM
? ? ?

Dear all,

The fix is almost complete, we're finetuning on the last parts and aim to get it out very soon!

Kind regards,
JuAn

Philips
06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi,
again I got a photo from an iPad 3 user where the IP-EPG isn't shown correctly:
Toengel@Alex

Dear all,

This "IP-EPG is not shown correctly" issue should be fixed in the latest SW version.
Can you guys please confirm? Tnx.

Kind regards,
JuAn

Muccie
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Dear all,

This "IP-EPG is not shown correctly" issue should be fixed in the latest SW version.
Can you guys please confirm? Tnx.

Kind regards,
JuAn

I would love to confirm BUT there is NO update available in the app store......

Cheese
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Dear all,

The fix is almost complete, we're finetuning on the last parts and aim to get it out very soon!

Kind regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

What is very soon? we're almost 2 weeks further by now..

Another additional 5 weeks?!?!!!

I'm afraid I'm running out of patience!

Muccie
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Juan,

What is very soon? we're almost 2 weeks further by now..

Another additional 5 weeks?!?!!!

I'm afraid I'm running out of patience!

Well... This evening a new version of the app for both iPad and a seperate one for iPhone became availble through the Apple app store. I deleted first the old version, then installed the new versions, that have the remark that there is NO fix for the memory-leak.... And on both my iPad3 and iPhone 4s, the apps don't even start!! They immediately afer a split second quit... Well done Philips!!!! Why oh wy..... There is a Dutch saying: als je het niet kan, moet je het niet doen. Think of that before trowing things on the marketet that only frustrate your customers...

bluevoice
06-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Well... This evening a new version of the app for both iPad annd a seperate one for iPhone became availble through the Apple app store. I deleted first the old version, then installed the new versions, that have the remark that there is NO fix for the memory-leak....l.l And on both my iPad3 and iPhone 4s, the apps don't even start!! They immediately afer a split second quit... Well done Philips!!!! Why oh wy..... There is a Dutch saying: als je het niet kan, moet je het niet doen. Think of that before trowing things on the marketet that only frustrate your customers...

Same thing here on an iPad 2, app crashes and goes back to springboard. However the new version works ok on my iPhone 4S.

Muccie
06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
After a full restart of my iPhone 4s the app now starts but didn't find my 47 PFL 9705 UNTILL I powered it off and on. Resetting iPad3 does not fix things, app still quits immediatelly.

Toengel
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi,

in my blog I also got some comments, that users have massive problems with this new 2.2.1 release.

Toengel@Alex

Philips
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi,

in my blog I also got some comments, that users have massive problems with this new 2.2.1 release.

Toengel@Alex

Hi all,

Please help us in getting some crash logs: see here (http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash-logs-for-iphone-applications-on-mac-vista-and-xp/). You can send them to nettv.forum@philips.com. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,
JuAn

Muccie
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

Please help us in getting some crash logs: see here (http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash-logs-for-iphone-applications-on-mac-vista-and-xp/). You can send them to nettv.forum@philips.com. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,
JuAn

Don't mind me saying, but are "we" now really your testing-audience ? You really want US to send these "difficult to find" or least deep to dig for crashlogs to Philips ?? Why ?? Don't you guys have a iPad (3) yourself for testing purposes ? Look at the "comments" in the Apple app-store: at the moment already 10 other users report the same problem !!

I am always happy to help, will later this evening if I am in a good mood search for the crash-log and send it but it is rather a shame that Philips needs to ask for this ! And I still have in memory that Philips despite my many, many, many complaints on all kind of levels and platforms NEVER EVER has reacted with a single letter on the annoying HTS5590 firmware problems (TV does "see" the first time after connection the HTS and displays all kind of "widgets", with one to switch to FM radio. If you power off the TV and on again, all these "widgets" are gone and it is NOT possible anymore to switch with the TV remote and HDMI-CEC to FM radio...).

Philips
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Don't mind me saying, but are "we" now really your testing-audience ? You really want US to send these "difficult to find" or least deep to dig for crashlogs to Philips ?? Why ?? Don't you guys have a iPad (3) yourself for testing purposes ? Look at the "comments" in the Apple app-store: at the moment already 10 other users report the same problem....

Hi Muccie,

To be quite honest here, we have verified everything before the update publication and also double checked after the update yesterday in Appstore, and are (unfortunately) not seeing the issues as described. So something is wrong here and we need to ask this favor to you to be able to fix it as fast as possible.

Grtz.,
JuAn

Muccie
06-21-2012, 02:40 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/philips-myremote-hd/id501031744?mt=8

You may have read these (German) replies already yourselves. After VERY annoying problems with 3 Philips TV's on the specific DynGop32 problem that Philips denied for many, many months, I had some mail (not email) conversations with your former Mr. Kleisterlee. He had one of his "Presidents Delegates" sent out to clear that matter. She keept me posted on all her steps by phone and at some point she told me: we better hire you as "tester" because we do not seem to do a good job there". The most ridiculous thing was, that Philips Germany kept on telling: we did test it, we do not "see" the problems. But: tons of "complaints" on the internet. It took me 3 months to understand what the problem was: Philips Hamburg did (at time) NOT have a cable-TV connection: they where "testing" with sat-signal, althought every deaf-horse could have understoond that the problem came from DVB-C (c=cable) reception. I had to tell Philips Hamburg that they could never have propperly tested BECAUSE it is not possible on their streetaddress to get a cable-TV connection at all ! And then all of a sudden things began to move. So please: testing and double-testing is nice, but DO NOT do it in a "lab", do it "in the field" under real conditions. Anyway, I will dig later this eveing for this log-files, but it'll cost you........ :)

Toengel
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

Regards,
JuAn

Hi,

just updated my blog entry with your request...

Toengel@Alex

Muccie
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi Muccie,

To be quite honest here, we have verified everything before the update publication and also double checked after the update yesterday in Appstore, and are (unfortunately) not seeing the issues as described. So something is wrong here and we need to ask this favor to you to be able to fix it as fast as possible.

Grtz.,
JuAn

Well, I just tried it again: deleted the app, restarted the iPad3, loaded the app. And now it works..... Looking at the at least 10 others who reported the problem: could you guys have a time/date thing in the app, that it only works from a given date ? The "Programmführer" (I have as language German installed on my iPad) logo is now shown correctly. I digged for the .crash and .plist files: not to be found: could it be that they are only "made" if an app crashes and are deleted when the app (finally..) starts ?

It would be very interesting to find out WHY the app YESTERDAY did not work but works TODAY....

valder
06-22-2012, 03:10 AM
I just bought my Philips SmartTV, and I was not able to download the MyRemote in both my iPhone or my Android phone. I leave in Canada, is that available for Canada?

Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new App version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new App: new, old, positive, negative.....

I did not find a thread for that, although it is available for a while.

smart
06-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Hello, I also updated as usually to the newest version on the iPhone4.
It worked without any Problems. So it is not completely untested and is working without problems at least for some people like me.

Greets

Toengel
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Hi,

@Philips
Can you please update the changelog: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?4696-Release-notes-quot-MyRemote-quot-app-for-Apple-iOS

Toengel@Alex

DoubleYou
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
For me, the app (2.2.1) behaves differently on iPad2 and iPhone4:

- iPhone4: after deinstall of the old version and installing the new version, it immediately started consuming hundreds of MB of memory, just like previous versions; therefore, I had to deinstall it to prevent all memory being consumed

- iPad2: even after an upgrade from the previous version (without deinstalling), the app starts and works normally and stays at 12.6 MB of memory consumption

(@Philips: maybe it's better to start a new thread with the correct version number in the title? This thread now says 2.1, while we're now discussing 2.2.x)

Muccie
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
@smart: I did not wrote that the app is COMPLETELY untested by Philips. From your posting, I understood that you installed the app 2 days later than I (any many others) did: at that time I/we installed the app (on the iPad) it did NOT start. But 2 days later it started "working"..... That is why I got the feeling that the app has/had a "date-check" or whatever. There was a kind of the same "incident" with the previous version of this app: EPG did not work on the iPad. So I posted, fuzzy reply. And automagically, a few days later EPG started working. That gave me the feeling that the Philips EPG portal or server did NOT recognize requests (browse-ID) coming from iPad3's: someone at Philips "secretly" put that service to "on" and then it worked. BUT: that is my "gut-feeling" and sadly enough, Philips never explained WHY EPG did not work in the first days after the release and then started working. THAT is my problem: communication from Philips is "fuzzy". My feeling now is, that Philips had tested the app, but in their lab. And they should have done field-testing: so install the app on and see if it works at a typical home. But lets see with what kind of explanation Philips comes with WHY some many found that the app on the iPad(2 and 3 I believe) did not work and since yesterday automagically started working: that makes me very curious !!

bluevoice
06-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Hi all,

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Philips - JuAN,

I found the cause of the problem with the updated app. No need for logs :).

The app crashes when there is not enough free space on an iDevice. I had 995 MB free on my iPad 2, cleared some space, now I have 2,6 GB free space. I had to remove the app and reinstall it but it now works without crashing and sending you back to the springboard.

At this moment the MyRemote app needs space to be able to expand because of the Twonky memory leak. If you fix the leak, than you also have a solution for the crashes. And the sooner, the better... :rolleyes:

Muccie
06-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi Philips - JuAN,

I found the cause of the problem with the updated app. No need for logs :).

The app crashes when there is not enough free space on an iDevice. I had 995 MB free on my iPad 2, cleared some space, now I have 2,6 GB free space. I had to remove the app and reinstall it but it now works without crashing and sending you back to the springboard.

At this moment the MyRemote app needs space to be able to expand because of the Twonky memory leak. If you fix the leak, than you also have a solution for the crashes. And the sooner, the better... :rolleyes:

Although Twonky "eats and eats and eats", I still have/had 7 Gb free on my iPad3. So your theory does not explain why in my case the app did not work and 2 days later all of a sudden started working with nothing changed.

I have switched of the "server" in the app, because at some point it had taken 5 Gb. But: switching of the server in the app, does not free up this memory: I had to delete the app and reinstall it. And although the server is "off", the app "eats" 1 Gb for no apparent reason.

tetrapackage
06-24-2012, 09:36 AM
iPad or any Apple devices is not actually perfect. You might find a bit glitchy when you have new apps or apps that you haven't used before. I also have this app working and all of a sudden, it won't work. Then after some time, it gets back to normal. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-wink.gif

Muccie
06-24-2012, 03:01 PM
iPad or any Apple devices is not actually perfect. You might find a bit glitchy when you have new apps or apps that you haven't used before. I also have this app working and all of a sudden, it won't work. Then after some time, it gets back to normal. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-wink.gif

Your experience that the Philips remote app all of a sudden does not work anymore has much more to do with Philips than with Apple's iOS. iOS is very stable, Philips seems to have massive problems with their EPG 'server' as well with very often shortes outages without propper announcements. I am not a typical Apple fanboy at all, but Apple devices and firmware are very state of the art, near perfect. If apps do not behave as you think they should, that is really on the account of the programmer of the App and not the device.

Strangly though, Philips has so far NOT reacted on the reports that this app did not work the first 2 days and then started working: that makes me very curious WHY.

Muccie
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Very silent here.....

gvtolle
06-30-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm very new to this in that I just purchased my Philips TV this week, I cannot get it to locate the tv to even connect on my iPhone ?

smart
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I just saw Twonky releasing a new version of their app. They released a fix for the massive usage of storage (1GB or more on some devices).

Since the MyRemote app is based on Twonky technology, I'm feeling, we are not far away from getting a fix here...

Twonky app had the same storage usage as MyRemote on my device. Now, Twonky uses only a few MB...

Zee
07-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi Philips,

I cannot download this app from the App store, I'm located in South Africa (SA) and it seems the app is not available here.

How can i get access to this app?

Regards,
Zee

Muccie
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Hi Philips,

I cannot download this app from the App store, I'm located in South Africa (SA) and it seems the app is not available here.

How can i get access to this app?

Regards,
Zee

Make a new iTunes account for an European country

Zee
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Thanks, I kinda figured i needed to do that, just thought it would have been easier if the application was distributed.

Asopropricuntent
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Hello,
I installed yesterday MyRemote on my new iPad. My TV is a 40pfl8605M/08.
I'm experiencing some problems beacuse, even if the SmartTV services are on anf the tv is connected with ethernet cable, my IPad connected on the same network cannot see the TV even if if i get into the simply share i can show photographs of my ipad?

Can you help me?

Kind regards

Toengel
07-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi,

did you installed the latest firmware 140.47 (via USB only)? Also activate jointSpace on your TV (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?1421-New-quot-MyRemote-quot-Apps.-(incl.-compatibility-list)!

Toengel@Alex

Cookie
07-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm very new to this in that I just purchased my Philips TV this week, I cannot get it to locate the tv to even connect on my iPhone ?

Dear Gvtolle,

A bit late maybe, but in the US Philips is selling TV's based upon other (chip) platforms, therefore they do not offer these apps. Via the "official" way you should not even could have downloaded the app. Wonder how you did that.... ;)

Joerg_L
08-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Now its end of August....

where ist the SimplyShare Fix??

smart
08-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm also still waiting...

Seems to take some time.

Philips
09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Now its end of August.... where ist the SimplyShare Fix??

The iPhone and iPad update has been submitted and is currently in Apple's review process. The new update should be available very soon (if not rejected by Apple :)).

Regards,
JuAn

Toengel
09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Hi,

version 2.3 is now available in iTunes... maybe it's good to open a new thread for that version or change at least the thread name...

Toengel@Alex