PDA

View Full Version : HTS 8562/12 software upgrade V1.27 MCU 5.05

bluevoice
04-01-2012, 04:26 PM
I noticed on 22 March a new software 1.27 MCU 5.05 was posted for the HTS 8562/12. The new software claims to resolve abnormal cracking sounds. I did not have any problems with cracking sounds with this HTS but installed the update anyway.

I use the HTS together with the wireless module RWSS5510/00 for the rear speakers and I noticed that you can hardly hear the rear speakers after the update. The volume of those back speakers have been toned down it seems and is hardly noticeable. I also tried a calibration with the new software loaded and the difference in volume during the calibration between the front and the rear speakers is huge. Seems that all the front speakers have the same output volume (i.e. +6db) while the back speakers have only half of the volume during calibration (i.e. +3db). The results of the calibration are also not correct. The distance after calibration is also way off chart.

So I loaded the old firmware and did a new calibration and all speakers have the same output volume during calibration and the speaker distance is as it should be.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I use the wireless module, but I think something is wrong as you can never properly calibrate the set with the new firmware and your set turns to a 3.1 HTS instead of a 5.1 set.

I wonder if someone from Philips could comment on this, and I also wonder if other users also noticed a change in volume of the rear speakers with this new firmware.

bluevoice
04-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I did some more tests and this is what I found. After updating to the new firmware (MCU 5.05) the volume of the back speakers is set to a constant value and cannot be changed. This seems to only occur when you use this HTS with the the wireless module RWSS5510/00.

I can change the volume of the speakers from the speaker settings menu but all db values have the same output volume. In other words there's no difference in volume if you set the back speakers to +1 db or +6 db, the volume stays the same.

For the front speakers this works fine, you can hear the volume increasing when you change the volume from +1 db to +6 db.

As a result, calibrating the set is impossible when the rear speakers are attached to the wireless module.

If I downgrade to the old firmware (MCU 04.16) I can change the volume of the back speakers again and calibration works again. Philips, could you please test this on your systems?

Philips - QK
04-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

Checking with the team - they can reproduce the issue. Please bear with us some time for finding the rootcauses. Thanks for your understanding in advance.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
04-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Philips QK,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that the development team can reproduce the problem and is looking for a fix. I'll wait for an update from you on this issue, meanwhile I'll downgrade to the older firmware.

Philips - QK
04-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

We'd like to get more information from you. When you test this, are all speakers connected or you only connect an individual speaker/just the back rears?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
04-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Philips - QK,

I didn't change my speakers layout, so the answer to your question is:

Yes - all speakers are connected:
- Left Front, Right Front, Center and Subwoofer directly to the HTS main unit and
- Left Back and Right Back speakers are connected to the wireless module RWSS5510/00.

With old firmware the volume of the back speakers can be changed from the HTS sound settings menu, also calibration is possible.
With new firmware (MCU 5.05) the back speakers produce a low constant volume that can't be changed from the HTS sound settings menu, also calibration is not possible because the back speaker volume is too low for the microphone to 'hear' it.

I thought the team was able to reproduce this issue, you said:

Checking with the team - they can reproduce the issue.

Did I misunderstood?

Philips - QK
04-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

The team is still investigating this. According to their preliminary test report, if only one speaker or the back speakers are connected, the calibration is not possible and volume cannot be changed. But if all speakers are connected, there should be no issue and the volume adjusting is OK. I have passed your feedback to the team for further investigation.

Thanks in advance for your patience whilst we are looking into your issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
04-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

The team is still investigating this. According to their preliminary test report, if only one speaker or the back speakers are connected, the calibration is not possible and volume cannot be changed. But if all speakers are connected, there should be no issue and the volume adjusting is OK. I have passed your feedback to the team for further investigation.

Thanks in advance for your patience whilst we are looking into your issue.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

I hope they understood this right, In my case the back (rear) 2 speakers are not connected directly to the main unit. Instead they are connected to the wireless module RWSS5510/00. This module communicates wirelessly with the main unit.

So given the fact that other users of this HTS that don't use a wireless module don't report this problem I would say the assumption of the development team is correct. The issue could be caused by the fact that not all speakers are connected to the main unit. With previous firmware this was not a problem. I think they should look at the things they changed with the new firmware and why this functionality is broken now.

Also to make it more clear, with this speaker layout, the volume can be changed from the settings to another value but the sound output of the back (rear) 2 speakers never changes no matter to what value it is set. So 1 dB gives the same volume output for the back speakers as 6 dB.

Philips - QK
04-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

Thanks for your further explanation. I will pass this piece of information to the team as well.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

keiooz
04-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Hi Philips QK,

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that the development team can reproduce the problem and is looking for a fix. I'll wait for an update from you on this issue, meanwhile I'll downgrade to the older firmware.

I agree. This is one of the things I love with Philips as they don't stop looking for an answer to the problem. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/text-smiley.png

Christophe
04-28-2012, 12:40 PM
In France I have the same problem and I use the wireless module.

Since I recently upgraded the HTS 85612 with the last firmware, I have no more sound at all from the rear speakers whatever the chosen surround mode (surround plus, multi-channel, stereo or auto)!

Christophe
05-02-2012, 07:17 PM
In France I have the same problem and I use the wireless module.

Since I recently upgraded the HTS 85612 with the last firmware, I have no more sound at all from the rear speakers whatever the chosen surround mode (surround plus, multi-channel, stereo or auto)!

According to me there is another problem with that new firmware: the HTS doesn't keep my sound level. I set the sound level on 40 but each time I switch it on the level is set on 30 !

Christophe
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Does anybody knows if it's possible to come back to the prévious firmware an how to do so ?

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi Christophe,

I believe Philips is now working on a fix.

Philips does not provide downloads for previous versions. If you still have the old software file you can copy it to a USB stick and update from the settings menu as you did with the new version.

Philips - QK
05-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Yes, we are now working on a firmware fix.
Please bear with us some time for this.

Christophe
05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes, we are now working on a firmware fix.
Please bear with us some time for this.

Unfortunately I didn't keep it.

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately I didn't keep it.

@Christophe: Until a new firmware is available you can download the old software from my Dropbox and install it:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/veonnh3zqv8m1n8/hts8562_12_fus_nld_1.27_MCU_4.16.zip?dl=1

I also have a question, the new firmware MCU 5.05 claims that it solves problems with abnormal cracking sounds. I did not have any craking sounds with the old software but I know some users complained about this issue in the forum. Christophe, did you also have craking sounds with the old software?

Christophe
05-08-2012, 09:53 AM
@Christophe: Until a new firmware is available you can download the old software from my Dropbox and install it:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/veonnh3zqv8m1n8/hts8562_12_fus_nld_1.27_MCU_4.16.zip?dl=1

I also have a question, the new firmware MCU 5.05 claims that it solves problems with abnormal cracking sounds. I did not have any craking sounds with the old software but I know some users complained about this issue in the forum. Christophe, did you also have craking sounds with the old software?

Yes I did sometimes. It seemed it depends on the source sound: most of the time it was with HD TV broadcast.

Note that I still have cracking sound with the new firmware.

Any risk with downgrading or not ?

Christophe
05-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes I did sometimes. It seemed it depends on the source sound: most of the time it was with HD TV broadcast.

Note that I still have cracking sound with the new firmware.

Any risk with downgrading or not ?

Strange, the bin file is named 7562 in spite of 8562 ?

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Yes it has occured to me too. I asked a question about this before, see #4 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3675-Firmware-upgrade-for-HTS8562-12&p=23609&viewfull=1#post23609), but no one at Philips seemed to care to give an answer. This is the right firmware file though. When you download the current one, it's still called 7562.bin. I suspect that Philips designed this HTS for the 7000 series, but called it 8000 eventually and also priced it accordingly ;)

I think there is no risk in downgrading to the older software, I did it several times. Otherwise Philips would not have released the older software firstplace.

Christophe
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Done ! Waouh ! Much better than the last firmware !

Christophe
05-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Done ! Waouh ! Much better than the last firmware !

Sorry, I forgot : thousand tanks :o

bluevoice
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM

You're welcome!

Christophe
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM

I meant "thanks" of course !

Philips - QK
05-09-2012, 02:46 AM
I asked a question about this before, see [/URL]="http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3675-Firmware-upgrade-for-HTS8562-12&p=23609&viewfull=1#post23609"]#4[/URL], but no one at Philips seemed to care to give an answer.

Hi both,

Sorry that I have overlooked this question. For HTS8562, initially it is bamed HTS7562 and along the way they change the model number but the SW file name remain unchanged. I will feedback the confusion you have here to the development team. Hope this can be rectified in the future.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

misterp
05-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Hi there!

Same Problem here in Austria!
I sent back the HTS8562/12 (software 1.27 MCU 5.05 )and the RWSS5510/00 to Philips to fix the Problem. I got the HTS back with no changes, the problem is still there. Now I went back to software 4.16 like "bluevoice" said and it works again! The rearspeakers are now loud enough and the volume can be changed. When will this problem be fixed from Philips, when we get a new firmware? I think it´s time for it, it´s not the cheapest device anyway...

Regards,
MisterP

Philips - QK
05-22-2012, 05:30 AM
Hi MisterP & Bluevoice,

Would like to share with you some updates on this issue- the solution is available and we are currently evaluating the firmware. The fix will be seen in the next firmware release.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi MisterP & Bluevoice,

Would like to share with you some updates on this issue- the solution is available and we are currently evaluating the firmware. The fix will be seen in the next firmware release.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hi Philips - QK: this is good news, thanks for your continuous support.

misterp
05-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi MisterP & Bluevoice,

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hi!

This are very good news, thank you for your support!

bluevoice
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Guys,

I have one question about the wireless module, RWSS5510, when active (HTS on and rear speakers working) there is a soft ticking noise coming from the module (like the module is exchanging data with the HTS). The sound is like the sound of a hard disk when writing files only a little louder. When there's enough sound from the rear speakers, the ticking sound is bearly noticeable, but when there's little sound coming from the speakers in quiet movie scenes, the ticking sound is more audible. Do you experience this too and is this normal for this module?

Philips - QK
05-28-2012, 05:03 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

Happy hearing from you again :).
First we would like to understand more on the soft ticking noise issue. So under a scenario your Home Cinema Sound is paired, how soft is the ticking noise? (the max distance that you can hear in a quiet room)

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
05-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

In addition to the above, we would like to understand if it is a continuous ticking noise, even with playback.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
05-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi Bluevoice,

Happy hearing from you again :).
First we would like to understand more on the soft ticking noise issue. So under a scenario your Home Cinema Sound is paired, how soft is the ticking noise? (the max distance that you can hear in a quiet room)

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hi Philips - QK,

The distance is 1 meter. The soft ticking is continuous (like a hard disc writing files) when there is sound output. This occurs only during playback. It's not that annoying but I would still like to know if this is more or less normal for this product.

misterp
06-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Hi MisterP & Bluevoice,

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Dear Philips-QK!

When will the next update be available?
Regards, MisterP

Philips - QK
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Dear Philips-QK!

When will the next update be available?
Regards, MisterP

Dear misterP & all,

Checked today with the development team - we have a firmware which resolved this issue, but we found that there are some side effects. We are now checking with another team to have this new issue resolved before releasing this firmware.

Thanks for your understanding and patience whilst we are resolving this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

bluevoice
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi, my HTS found a new software version available through internet connection. This is version 1.47.10. Is this the new improved version, with the new issue (see previous post by Philips - QK) resolved? I did not have much time to check myself.

@Philips - QK: if this is the new firmware version, could you please share the change log with us?

Toengel
06-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Hi,

from what I see from other HTS products (which also run 1.47.10):

- Improved system performance

Toengel@Alex

bluevoice
06-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi,

from what I see from other HTS products (which also run 1.47.10):

- Improved system performance

Toengel@Alex

Thanks Alex, I saw the change log of the others HTS's. Still does not say anything about the nature of the improvements. I'd like to know what issue are addressed with this update and if it's now safe to update.

The update is only available by ECD by the way. No downloadable files available yet.

Philips - QK
06-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

I am now checking with the team if this new firmware contains a fix for your back rear volume issue. Will update you later on this.

Dear Toengel,

Thanks for your support also! :D

Thanks & regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - QK
06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

This version does not contain the fix of the back rear speaker issues. The new 1.47.10 firmware for HTS8562 does not include the solution for the back rear volume issue. The solution is only included in the latest v1.49 or 1.50 firmware , but it's still in evaluation.

I will send you an email with more information on this. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

misterp
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Dear Bluevoice,

This version does not contain the fix of the back rear speaker issues. The new 1.47.10 firmware for HTS8562 does not include the solution for the back rear volume issue. The solution is only included in the latest v1.49 or 1.50 firmware , but it's still in evaluation.

I will send you an email with more information on this. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Dear Philips - QK!

When do we get the new firmware (v1.49 or 1.50)?
Will we have to wait for 1 or 2 months again?

The evaluation-date of v1.47.10 is 13th of june, does it not contain the rear-speakers solution?

Regards,
MisterP

Philips - QK
06-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Dear Philips - QK!

When do we get the new firmware (v1.49 or 1.50)?
Will we have to wait for 1 or 2 months again?

The evaluation-date of v1.47.10 is 13th of june, does it not contain the rear-speakers solution?

Regards,
MisterP

Hi all,

I would like to give you some updates on this: we have a V1.47.10 with new MCU version to resolve the wireless rear surround speaker issue. The quality team is now arranging for testing and we should see another release within a few weeks.

We will keep you updated for this.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Christophe
06-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't find how to open a new topic. I have a problem since my Philips remote Control (Prestigo SRT8215/10) doesn't recognize my HTS 8562 ! Do you know where it comes from ? Is there any update for the Prestigo ? Where can I find it ?

Kinds regards and sorry again for posting here !

bluevoice
07-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi all,

As a new software 1.47.10 is available for this HTS, I propose to continue in the dedicated thread I opened here:

HTS 8562/12 - new software available v 1.47.10 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6405-HTS-8562-12-new-software-available-v-1-47-10)

I also have a question in that thread about the radio reception. Could you please read it and post your feedback. I would really appreciated.

@Philips - moderators: I suggest to close this thread as we can continue the discussion in the new one.