PDA

View Full Version : EPG missing info (out of patience)

erho
04-05-2012, 06:38 PM
:mad: EPG is not working again. Missing channel info on most channels since yesterday evening. Philips: make it work! I just want to use the product I bought :mad:

Erikrijnders
04-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Same here. Known problem. Only 10% of the channels have EPG availaible and can be connected. To much is missing en to much info is missing.

stevejone88
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I too have the same problem here.Looking for someone to help http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbsmile.png

marco zagolin
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
worst then missing channels is having wrong info for it
i did schedule a program, but registred another one !!!
how to reset a channel: I do not want to have wrong info for it !!!

Toengel
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi,

press option key on that channel in IP-EPG and identify the right channel.

Toengel@Alex

marco zagolin
04-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi,

press option key on that channel in IP-EPG and identify the right channel.

Toengel@Alex

well, the problem is that the rigth channel is not in the list !!!
I would like to have the channel with the 'Identify channel' message

Thanks for your answer,
marco

erho
04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
:mad: IP-EPG not working again. Not showing any info at all. Come on Philips: FIX IT!!!

DellUser
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
:mad: IP-EPG not working again. Not showing any info at all. Come on Philips: FIX IT!!!

In my IP-EPG all channels are listed with program data.
Must be a local issue at your end.

marco zagolin
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM

You all: please write the field 'location' in your profile or write it in every message.

It looks like The Netherlands and Italy are the worst place for IP-EPG.

Some country where it works ?

DerShortyy
05-01-2012, 06:13 PM

i can confirm for germany

Toengel
05-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi,

yes - as indicated in the Net TV Sub Forum (icon on the top) - there was some "downtime" - but should be working again by now.

But I can confirm, that at this moment it isn't working at my place (Germany).

Toengel@Alex

erho
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM

My internetconnection is OK, apps in NetTV work, if it's a local issue, it can be only or my TV or de serviceprovider for the IP-EPG (TVTV), In both cases I think Philips should fix this.

For now (this evening) I've seen something new: a white screen with SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. Let's hope it's because the server will be replaced...

user0815
05-03-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm new to this Forum from Germany with my very first TV (and probably the very last) from this company.
A 40PFL5007K/12 with latest SW 79...

Say hello to all fellow users. :cool:

Been here already yesterday to look for solutions on the sick provider troubles with poor access to the IP-EPG server.
Went off with hope on a better access today after I read the red print message on top of the Forum about 'temporarily situation'
(ROFLMAO !!)
IP-EPG worked for me then ... after midnight ...
Today I tried it again with no success.:mad: Again a white screen 'service unavailable'
Not even the recorded files from the USB HD are available without that sh*t connection.
OK, looks like I took the wrong decision when ordering this Philips anone design. Wondering what heap of dilettant tramps have planned this crap over there ?

So far my angre.
Seriously, who in heaven is in charge for such poor customer service or most poor IT quality ín that company ? Aren't they ISO 9000 certificated ?

Come one, how much did they pay for the certificate.

Toengel
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi,

IP-EPG problems are due to the SAT switchover. All people are refreshing their channel lists and if new channels appear or are moved to different places, the IP-EPG needs to load the data from the servers.

Toengel@Alex

lalaw
05-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi, I also lost my patience with this so called EPG.
I considering returning the TV and last weeks problem with IP-EPG has been to much!!!!
I have had a Sagem digitalbox with PVR function and that was very easy to use. The EPG was very easy to use and schedule recordings from. THis was 3 years ago.
I had a LG TV with PVR function and the EPG was much better than, the PVR function was much easier to use and no internetconction needed!! unfortanate it had problem with sound on HD-channels, so I had to return it.
And I got the Philips 47pfl7606 instead, which I'm currently very disapointed with all SW that has with HMI is very poor. Picture and sound is good.

Some questions to Philips:
Does philips thinks that it is ok to sell a product that only works sometimes when server happends to be up and running?
When will Philips fix this on a permanent basis? Please include a detailed timeplan.
Will also the pvr function be fixed so that it will possible to record and watch recorded programs without connection to philips servers? (since current solution doesnt work)

Br Lars Andersson

user0815
05-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Alex, Danke. :cool:
Thanks, I know.
However I also use a HUMAX HD Receiver connected to a cheap SHARP LCD.
You woun't believe, but these HUMAX guys seam to having some clue one how overcome probable troubles with load on servers. They did update the Receiver and everything affiliated in the night of 30th to 1rd.
It just works. I didn't have to do anything but see for new chanels.

Btw. I recall a company named NOKIA started to chase away customers with the same ignorance.

DerShortyy
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
There must be billions of phillips TV in germany... how come that the german analogue astra switch over has influence on the other european countries...?
Still not working...

user0815
05-03-2012, 09:04 PM
There must be billions of phillips TV in germany... how come that the german analogue astra switch over has influence on the other european countries...?
Still not working...
Sales count will decrease, for sure :confused:
Theory:
Dead easy.. only one poor Server should be running in Eindhoven. It's for sure an old fashioned 286 PC ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_80286 ) and the only IT guy with knowledge on how to re-boot the system is off for hols. Sailing on the ijsselmeer.

erho
05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok, Philips has reached the limit for me. IP-EPG is not working again (yesterday it worked for a few hours). Now it says: 401 Acces denied.
Next monday I will contact my lawyer, for taking legal action against Philips. I've asked them before, to return my money, because they delivered an inferior product, but they didn't react. I doubt if somebode from Philips is reading the messages on this forum anyway.
I call every unsatisfied Philips customer to react on this forum for support. The more people react, the stronger our case. Let hope that Philips will move finally.

hugolost
05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
what a terrible service. For more than 4 days there is no "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP ".
Thanks to the unconfortable link between "Electronic Program Guide provided over IP " and recorded movies on the TVs usb hard drive, one has no access to the recorded tracks. Why is it nessecary to have an internet connection to philips ony to get access to movies on local hard drive?

BernardoP
05-06-2012, 12:52 PM
"This situation is temporarily. We apologize for this. "

This only can be a bad joke. This disaster lasts for nearly one week and the customers dont want apologies, they want the Philips responsible to solve this problem.

I never experienced that a technical product is without any serious-minded service and nothing is done by the supplier like in this case. Without an IP EPG the device ins nearly worthless, especially because the broadcaster based EPG is mostly absent of a acceptable function.

For me the Philips SmartTVs are afflicted with a hidden fault, and so here in Germany the customer has a choice of legal capabilities, because the IP EPG is one of the key features of a SmartTV.

If the Philips responsible are not willing to react: Don`t suffer, act!

hugolost
05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I would like to have philips to change firmaware of their TVs to make possible what 20 year old recorders could. just enter channel, start and end time for recording. Have access to local recorded traks ( movies ) on hard drive usb disk without beeing forced to have an online connection to the internet. Or is Philips interested what customer is viewing at what time in a big-brother-style?

abaekgaard
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
My internetconnection is OK, apps in NetTV work, if it's a local issue, it can be only or my TV or de serviceprovider for the IP-EPG (TVTV), In both cases I think Philips should fix this.

For now (this evening) I've seen something new: a white screen with SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. Let's hope it's because the server will be replaced...

I'm so fed up with these EPG problems:mad:
They completely take away my enjoyment of using this Philips equipment I've bought.
3 consequitive nights without EPG service PLUS no access to my attached harddrive, where my previous recordings are stored.

Philips .... take responsebility here. Your image is bleeding ......

/Anders.

user0815
05-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Philips .... take responsebility here. Your image is bleeding ......

/Anders.
Recommend to complain at their hotlines, by phon, by chat by email.
This forum play yard is useless.

Just had a chat with someone in the chat-line and he confirmed the problem with promises that the *development department* works hard on a solution.
But no dates are given.

Shame on Philips !

abaekgaard
05-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Today 'No channel information available' .......:mad:

I have startet a discussion at http://www.facebook.com/philips
My suggestion is to show your frustration here.

/Anders.

Freddy
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Just to add a positive sound in here: :p

after the last few days where there was no EPG info at all, yesterday evening all channel information was available again, at least here in the Netherlands. So, hopefully other regions will be back soon as well...

abaekgaard
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Dear Alex.....
I see you a lot in these threads.. where you comment on how to and providing info. All very positive and good. BUT your input does not help out on the real issue here.

We need Philips to take action officially (which I guess does not include you?).

I have '"No channel Information" and NO official info from Philips as to when the problem is sorted out.

Philips your image is bleding ...

DellUser
05-08-2012, 01:35 PM
No Channel Information:
Perhaps it means that you did not do a channel installation on your TV?
That could be if you use a settop-box.
If no channels are installed, the TV cannot list them in the program guide.

- or -

you are a DVB-S user in Denmark?
In that case IP-EPG is not supported as shown in this overview here (http://goo.gl/GPDDk).

L1Zeeman
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
No Channel Information:
Perhaps it means that you did not do a channel installation on your TV?
That could be if you use a settop-box.
If no channels are installed, the TV cannot list them in the program guide.

- or -

you are a DVB-S user in Denmark?
In that case IP-EPG is not supported as shown in this overview here (http://goo.gl/GPDDk).

No that's not the case.
After almost a week of "Service Unavailable" the EPG was avaiabale again last evenening, but now today it says "No channel information"
On the bright side, I can access the recorded programs.....

For the rest IP-EPG is a disaster, a bunch of amateurs would do a better job!

Toengel
05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi,

what happens if you press optionkey in IP-EPG and select reload page?

Toengel@Alex

L1Zeeman
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Doesn't help, no difference.
Also the "swapping two channels in the channel grid" trick doesn't help
Clearing the apps memory doesn't help either.

abaekgaard
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi,

Toengel@Alex

Nothing happens Alex. If you really want to do some good here. Then support us in getting Philips to acknowledge and react to these problems.

It's not like we've bought a 'do it yourself' product here..

Philips your brand is bleeding ...

Niels
05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Will this IP-EPG ever work?
Last week the EPG was down a lot of times (I know... the SAT upgrade blabla)
Now for a couple of days the EPG is back again but...
.. my channel order is changed in the EPG
(it starts with NL 2, NL3, RTL4, RTL5,.... and then somewhere NL1 that used to be top of the list)

:mad: Niels

L1Zeeman
05-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Will this IP-EPG ever work?
Last week the EPG was down a lot of times (I know... the SAT upgrade blabla)
Now for a couple of days the EPG is back again but...
.. my channel order is changed in the EPG
(it starts with NL 2, NL3, RTL4, RTL5,.... and then somewhere NL1 that used to be top of the list)

:mad: Niels

Hi Niels,

I had that problem sometime ago, I managed to solve it by moving channel 1 to position 2 in the channel grid (and then move it back to position 1 again). This seems to force the channellist to be reloaded in the correct order in the IP_EPG.

BTW do you still have the channels listed in the EPG? I only get "no channel information available"

Rgds,
Leen

Niels
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Niels,

I had that problem sometime ago, I managed to solve it by moving channel 1 to position 2 in the channel grid (and then move it back to position 1 again). This seems to force the channellist to be reloaded in the correct order in the IP_EPG.

BTW do you still have the channels listed in the EPG? I only get "no channel information available"

Rgds,
Leen

Hmmm, at the moment I have only 2 channels in my list: NL1 (that was down in the list yesterday) and RTL7 (that was missing yesterday). I will try your workaround with the channel grid.

Niels

Niels
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Hmm, after switching two channels and switching back, I also end up with 'no channel information available'.
Picture quality of this TV is great but the SW and EPG absolutely are way below acceptable levels.

Niels

Philips - Mark
05-09-2012, 01:42 PM
We recognized the problems with IP-EPG currently.
The “No channel information available” error occurs in IP-EPG after you made a change to your channel list.
We also confirm that currently the IP-EPG can show a mix-up of channels or missing channels.
We are working on a solution.

user0815
05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
The “No channel information available” error occurs in IP-EPG after you made a change to your channel list.
We also confirm that currently the IP-EPG can show a mix-up of channels or missing channels.
Thanks for the feedback.

Erikrijnders
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM

I hope that more channels are added in the Netherlands... Can you give some feedback on that?

L1Zeeman
05-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Hmm, after switching two channels and switching back, I also end up with 'no channel information available'.
Picture quality of this TV is great but the SW and EPG absolutely are way below acceptable levels.

Niels

Niels and others,

Good news, just now I managed to restore the IP-EPG listing.
I still had the “No channel information available” message, but noticed it took much longer before the message appeared. So assuming the problem had been solved, I gave the swap channel trick another try:

1) Open the channel grid and use "reorder" to swap the position of two channels
2) Open the EPG (then the channel list loaded, but with the two channels swapped)
3) Close EPG and go back to the channel grid to swap the channels back
4) Open EPG, channel list should load correctly now

BTW you need to manually identify channels as required again..............

Best regards,
Leen

Philips - Mark
05-10-2012, 07:58 AM
The “No channel information available” error and the issue with a mix-up of channels or missing channels, is repaired.

Stuff
05-10-2012, 12:34 PM
The “No channel information available” error and the issue with a mix-up of channels or missing channels, is repaired.

Sorry, but it is still not working for me. I live in Denmark. Can you give an ETA for when we can expect IP-EPG again?

user0815
05-10-2012, 12:37 PM

?????
Where, not in Germany, not for DVB-S.
Another trial with no success.
Reload site doesn't help.
Screen still shows 'no channel information available' in TVGuide window.
Security Information is:
Momentan geladene Adresse: https://epg.corio.com/default.aspx
Sicherheitszertifikat:
Domänenname : epg.corio.com
Organisation: IBM, Noord-Holland, NL

:mad:
And now ?
Edit Post 5 minutes later.
Tried to clean the cache in Network Menue.
Now it works. Channel list is available.
I wonder how long.
Will test again at 8 pm and get back with result

user0815
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Sorry, but it is still not working for me. I live in Denmark. Can you give an ETA for when we can expect IP-EPG again?

Didn't just work for me aswell, but now it does ...currently.

Suggest to clean the cache from out of the Network Menue.
What I did was at first switch back EPG from Network to standard and back, with no success.
Then checked the security issue (lock symbol appears at stripe when site loads)Found it working on https.
Went to the Configuration > Network Menue > Network confi. > delete storage for apps. (last menue point) and key OK.
Go back to IP-EPG and confirm all the requests .

Toengel
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi,

if the problem is still present: please press option button and choose "reload"... this should help.

Toengel@Alex

Stuff
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi,

if the problem is still present: please press option button and choose "reload"... this should help.

Toengel@Alex

Hi

Just tried this advice and the one above and none of them works.

I sincerely hope a Philips rep shows up and provides a clear guideline to getting this to work again.

Philips - Mark
05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
When you still have this error message on IP-EPG
and it does not disappear after the TV was turned Off & On again?

You must trigger the TV to reload the channels in the IP-EPG.

There are multiple ways;
- Make a change in the channel list.
- Reinstall the channel list
- Clear Net TV memory (or “clear Apps memory” in 2011/12 TV’s)

Niels
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
:D
EPG is up and running again without having to clear memory or anything (TV has been off tonight).

Lets hope this was the last of a long series of EPG problems...

Niels

Stuff
05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Now it works!

I turned off the tv on the switch, and THEN cleared the cache.

Thanks for the suggestions all :)

DerShortyy
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM

on 9706 with 14.98 in germany you´ve got to see this:

Philips - Mark
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi DerShortyy,

Thank you for this picture. I handed it over to our team.
I have never seen this error before.
Did you do something special to come to this error?

Regards,
Mark.

DerShortyy
05-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi DerShortyy,

Thank you for this picture. I handed it over to our team.
I have never seen this error before.
Did you do something special to come to this error?

Regards,
Mark.

Hi Mark,
i´ve just updated from 14.91 to 14.98...
now the TV shows this picture after clearing NET TV cache and reinstalled the whole TV:

DerShortyy
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Am I the only one who´s still suffering from that?

DerShortyy
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Is it possible to reset my TV from Gracenote servers (epg.corio.com) ????

jsack
05-13-2012, 09:32 PM
on 9706 with 14.98 in germany you´ve got to see this:

Like "DerShortyy" I have the same message "400 Bad Request" on my 47PFL7656/K02 in Germany. I have tried the following without any success:

- Reload page. (Initially I had a nearly correct EPG side, but without any channel information. So I tried the reload. Since then I never saw anything different from "400 Bad Request".)

- Exchange of 2 channels in the channel list like described in this forum.

- Installing the newest firmware.

- Reset of the network settings, then reload page.

Additional information: Since the channel changes on 04-30-2011 I never succeeded in loading the EPG side, in the beginning with the message "Service not available".

DerShortyy
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Like "DerShortyy" I have the same message "400 Bad Request" on my 47PFL7656/K02 in Germany. I have tried the following without any success:

- Reload page. (Initially I had a nearly correct EPG side, but without any channel information. So I tried the reload. Since then I never saw anything different from "400 Bad Request".)

- Exchange of 2 channels in the channel list like described in this forum.

- Installing the newest firmware.

- Reset of the network settings, then reload page.

Additional information: Since the channel changes on 04-30-2011 I never succeeded in loading the EPG side, in the beginning with the message "Service not available".

Hi Jsack,
only work around at the moment: refresh channel list everytime you switch on TV. IMPORTANT. Before you do the refresh of the channel list, save your channel list to USB. because the TV needs to find some new channels, without that it won´t work...

Niels
05-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Problems of beginning of May are solved (mix up of channels, lot of channels without info) but...

... the last couple of days the EPG is very very slow or sometimes does not load at all.
Sometimes the 'reload page' option helps, but not always.
I dont dare to clear NetTV memory...
Last time I did that caused so much trouble (No NetTV > mian board replaced !)

Niels

DerShortyy
05-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Problems of beginning of May are solved (mix up of channels, lot of channels without info) but...

... the last couple of days the EPG is very very slow or sometimes does not load at all.
Sometimes the 'reload page' option helps, but not always.
I dont dare to clear NetTV memory...
Last time I did that caused so much trouble (No NetTV > mian board replaced !)

Niels

WOW 3 weeks gone... new IP-EPG looks great:mad:

adb1973
05-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Completely frozen IP-EPG! Reset apps-memory didn't do the trick, restart tv neither. Guide was slow and not really responsive before, while ipad guide worked flawless.

Any ideas?

Still really bad you can't record with daily, weekly or whatever interval (there must be a work around-implementation for that)

ip-epg needs better programming, better servers, more stability, more focus since Philips has chosen to integrate it so deeply in the system!

and really 'not smart' you can't post a picture on this forum from your ipad too (or schedule a recording from it as an alternative for your locked up tv)

you make wonderful hardware but PLEASE pay more attention to the user-experience please...

user0815
05-21-2012, 09:50 AM
Completely frozen IP-EPG! Reset apps-memory didn't do the trick, restart tv neither. Guide was slow and not really responsive before, while ipad guide worked flawless.

Any ideas?

Please mention the TV set you use.
Did you also try to switch off the HbbTV option ?
Worked for me once.
Always: delete Apps Cache , switch HbbTV on/off.

Still really bad you can't record with daily, weekly or whatever interval (there must be a work around-implementation for that)

I'd be happy if "recording"/"play back* would just be reliable doing what I want within the shown features. It doesn't !!.

you make wonderful hardware but PLEASE pay more attention to the user-experience please...
I fear you're having a dream or sailing on the wrong ship.
This company doesn't need customers. I daubt that any guy of that funny management owns such a bad design device and is using it :mad:

worti
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I have the same problem with "400 Bad Request" on my 46PFL9706K since more then a week. PHILIPS are you serious? My TV is only a few months old and I don't want to imagine how this problems will be handled in future if you're not possible to fix them now.

DerShortyy
05-21-2012, 11:43 AM
On Saturday i was at SATURN Market just to have a look if the IP-EPG of exhibit 46pfl9706 does work. Guess what? it didn´t work neither... Is it a special problem which occures the most on 9706? Is there a chance to clear the memory of the TV (not App cache) where the IP-EPG data is temporally stored???

DerShortyy
05-22-2012, 06:50 AM
here are some more error messages seen yesterday evening on IP-EPG

user0815
05-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks for sharing.
They are sowhat of funny, aren't they ? :mad:
I'm so sorry for your ongoing troubles.

I had an HTTP Error 500 on sunday evening, but that went as soon as I put the device once off and on. It's working so far on mine, but so slow :mad:

DerShortyy
05-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing.
They are sowhat of funny, aren't they ? :mad:
I'm so sorry for your ongoing troubles.

I had an HTTP Error 500 on sunday evening, but that went as soon as I put the device once off and on. It's working so far on mine, but so slow :mad:

you must be one of the 10 lucky ones who are not suffering from that, because in accordance with the philips support chat there are thousands of people who suffers from that problem too.. but they don´t write in this forum...

CelticFC
05-22-2012, 01:19 PM

I am also experiencing the same kind of error messages. I get a white or black screen almost every evening and it is really annoying that they are not able to fix it after it has been going on for quite a while now. I really don't appreciate companies selling products with features that don't work as they should...

user0815
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
you must be one of the 10 lucky ones who are not suffering from that, because in accordance with the philips support chat there are thousands of people who suffers from that problem too.. but they don´t write in this forum...
As usual, the silent majority
I hope some independant tester from Magazines like Heise or other TV tester will tell the truth about this sick dealing with software problems.

Dunno whether I should be happy beeing 1 of the 10 ... half-blind , cause there are loads of other poor issues to be solved with my new bought 2012 model.

And I fear they will only push trouble solving /improvements on the latest shipped hardware versions, cause they must always use special new design circuits as they come to market for new hardware versions. Faster and cheaper circuits.
I've been working for several high tech electronic companies in the last 40 years but I never believed that one like this huge would throw such a crap to market with lots of lies and promises !

And me mad bought one !!

I feel that this "valley of tears" will be very very long and at the end in five or what years will be ..
A working system of Servers and Software ...
and the demand to buy the latest hardware version (new TV) for the mad customers.

worti
05-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey Phiilps, I'm normally a really set type but what you have done or better have not done brings up a lot of anger in me. The time of nice words is now really over. Since a few weeks now I try to get the ip-epg running. Finally I managed to get rid of the "Bad request" failure - I had only to install the newest firmware manuelly. Yeah you read right- MANUELLY - because my TV tells me I already have the most actual software installed. Which wasn't compared to the firmware version you can download. After that I had to reinstall all my TV channels. So I have done that and had to define and sort my favorites again - and if you ever have done that yourself you know that it is a pain in the ass. Now the IP-EPG was working and I programmed a Movie so I can whatch it later. But what do I had to recognize when I turned on the TV again (from the standby)? The "Bad request" failure is back - I'm not able to watch my recorded movies, I'm even not sure if they are recorded anyway. So tell me, are you proud of yourself selling such crap and peace of shit?

user0815
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey Phiilps, I'm normally a really set type but what you have done or better have not done brings up a lot of anger in me. The time of nice words is now really over. Since a few weeks now I try to get the ip-epg running. Finally I managed to get rid of the "Bad request" failure - I had only to install the newest firmware manuelly. Yeah you read right- MANUELLY - because my TV tells me I already have the most actual software installed. Which wasn't compared to the firmware version you can download. After that I had to reinstall all my TV channels. So I have done that and had to define and sort my favorites again - and if you ever have done that yourself you know that it is a pain in the ass. Now the IP-EPG was working and I programmed a Movie so I can whatch it later. But what do I had to recognize when I turned on the TV again (from the standby)? The "Bad request" failure is back - I'm not able to watch my recorded movies, I'm even not sure if they are recorded anyway. So tell me, are you proud of yourself selling such crap and peace of shit?

Hi worti,
you see, nobody here disagrees with your opinion. :cool:

However, it's quite useless to shout only in this Forum. You need to contact the Philips support by Email Phone, Fax or Chat Box on their webside and tell them direct what's going on. They've even got a follow up service to a complaint and ask you two weeks later by email how pleased you were about their _service_

Also some nice written experiance review about your device at well known places like Amazon Shop or Heise or whatever may open their eyes due to the publicity of their poor dealing with quality and customer care.
Have a look to the excellent reviews at Amazon. They all are giving 4 and 5 stars !

So what, looks like only you and me and a very few other can't keep their mouth ? :)

worti
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
However, it's quite useless to shout only in this Forum. You need to contact the Philips support by Email Phone, Fax or Chat Box on their webside and tell them direct what's going on. They've even got a follow up service to a complaint and ask you two weeks later by email how pleased you were about their _service_

I've already done that of course. But the support guy just told me I have to accept this fact. And of course it's not Philips fault that the service is not working. He told me it's some "external" system what causes the problems and I should be patient until this will be fixed. Another thing I've got told was that the terms of use stated that there can be problems with the IP EPG service. I just said something like "Maybe temporary problems but not providing a service for a few weeks isn't part of the terms of use" - He didn't answer to that he just told me he don't wanna discuss this further with me.

kikonen
06-15-2012, 05:56 PM
It would be really nice that this EPG would work. In Finland it's missing data for multiple channels :/

Erikrijnders
06-16-2012, 08:54 AM
It would be really nice that this EPG would work. In Finland it's missing data for multiple channels :/

As noted befofe, same here in the Netherlands.

Toengel
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi,

today almost 80 percent of my channels have "no information available"...

Toengel@Alex

user0815
07-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi,

today almost 80 percent of my channels have "no information available"...

Toengel@Alex
:confused: they are so funny, aren't they ?
Nearly the same here at mine. Estimate about 60 percent with *no information available*

el_lama
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
So its the same for me. Most of the channels are missing data. Philips, this is not really acceptable. Bought TV few months back and getting more and more disappointed. I can accept that there can be outage and therefor data unavailable but this is too much. Will see how Philips revert on this issue and ... if similar problems will keep returning I definitely return my TV and buy something else (not anything coming from TPV).

VeijoM
07-09-2012, 08:59 PM
So its the same for me. Most of the channels are missing data. Philips, this is not really acceptable. Bought TV few months back and getting more and more disappointed. I can accept that there can be outage and therefor data unavailable but this is too much. Will see how Philips revert on this issue and ... if similar problems will keep returning I definitely return my TV and buy something else (not anything coming from TPV).

Quite a mess with this Gracenote. In Finland (cable provider DNA/Welho) most info is missing too. Philips has probably made binding deals with Gracenote and cannot get away from that deal. Have you read the Gracenote license agreement on your tv? Gracenote does not take ANY responsibility of missing data, and they even claim that they can stop giving any service without any penalty (possibility to sue them), if they just decide to do that. For me that kind of "agreement" is in violation of customer rights. Philips made the wrong decision with Gracenote, and we are suffering because of THAT company. See who owns that company: Sony. Do they have any interest in Philips customers? Just hope Sony's customers are suffering these problems too?

I hope I am wrong here and will be gladly corrected in that case.

-Veijo-

el_lama
07-10-2012, 06:37 AM
To be honest I dont really mind they use Gracenote or what. It's not open source kind of thing so they must have SLAs defined, legal agreement etc. If a provider of the content is not able to provide data let's switch it. This thing is available in all the TVs ... and guess it's available in 2012 TV range (or am I wrong?).

Funny thing is they can even admit there's a problem. No official statement, simply nothing.

Edit: btw I still think that Philips version of EPG is totally *rap. Sorry for such word. If I look at very old Sammy LCD EPG http://i48.tinypic.com/14jn48k.jpg and compare it with the latest greatest Philips ...

el_lama
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Checked program today and guide shows data from last Thursday. Reload of the page does not help, obviously. But posting here anything seems to be waste of time.

stinklyonion
08-03-2012, 01:40 AM
I agree. It seems like you can't get anything if the problem is new for everyone. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-19/vbulletin-frown.gif