PDA

View Full Version : BDP2800: playback of .vob files from USB-drive

Loek
04-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi, I have a question about the BDP2800 Bluray player: Is it possible to play back .vob files (in a DVD-Video structure) when I put them on a flashdrive or harddisk connected to the USB-slot of the device?

kwinnie
04-10-2012, 07:25 AM
officially if you look into the codec table, it's not supported (you can refer it as a 2011 model)
but i myself have tested on this, seems to me that 2011 models can play some vob file. just the subtitle will be displayed strangely. like it s blur out.

anyways, this seems not guranteed...

Loek
04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the quick answer. Do you (or someone else) know if it's possible to turn off the subtitles when playing back a .vob file (via USB)? Or if it's possible to switch between different subtitle and audio tracks when playing a .vob file from USB?

kwinnie
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
for vob file the subtitle is embedded there and cannot be turned off unlike external subtitle file.

Loek
04-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for your answer. Well, that's too bad. I was looking for a Blu-ray player that could play DVDs from a USB drive. I assume that subtitles/audio tracks can be switched when the .vob file is burned (in a DVD-VIDEO structure) onto a DVD instead. Do you know of any Philips Blu-ray players that have the possibility to select subtitle/audio tracks when a DVD is copied to a USB drive? Or do none of the Philips Blu-ray support this?

kwinnie
04-12-2012, 02:42 AM
am not sure, but as mentioned earlier by looking into codec table seems this is not supported. would you consider a media player, it does support vob. it would be better if it s like guranteed. for your information, all media player as far as i know from philips support vob

Loek
05-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks a lot for your replies. I looked at some other models, and found the BDP3200. It's cheaper and it can play .mkv files according to the specifications. I don't think the BDP2800 can do this. About the media players, I want to be able to playback DVDs and Blurays, so a media player is not an option for me ;-).