PDA

View Full Version : Please post "cleanPSB.zip" in SA3MUS16S/37 software downloads

jimwi97007
04-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Philips support:

I have had EXTREME difficulty in trying to eradicate that piece of malware, er, software known as Philips Songbird. Version 2.5.6 permanently bricked my first SA3MUS16S/37, and after I found out about these forums, cleaned out 2.5.6 and reloaded 2.5.4. However, after fruitlessly installing and uninstalling and installing, etc, to attempt to get PSB to recognize my second player to perform yet another "repair" , I had to find another virgin Win 7 PC to do another install and firmware update, which finally worked.

Today, while cruising this forum to see the latest problems with these players, I found a posting from a Philips moderator that mentioned "cleanPSB.zip" This appears to be what I've been looking for, a total uninstaller for PSB. The standard uninstall feature found in Windows Control Panel "Programs" leaves too much behind. PLEASE POST THIS FILE! Every frustrated Philips MP3 player owner will thank you immensely so they can either do a clean re-install or just eradicate this malware off their PCs for good.

This has been a painful experience for me. The hardware is great; the firmware and PSB are absolute trash. I will say that Philips USA customer service has been wonderful. Too bad Philips product development can't write or maintain software.. :(

jimwi97007

Pacman
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Did you send a PM to the mod?